Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: AIX and TCB
Operating Systems AIX AIX and TCB Post 302237952 by bakunin on Thursday 18th of September 2008 06:42:37 PM
Old 09-18-2008
You might want to read this personal account of mine about TCB and the troubles arising when doing an alternate disk migration.

One aspect of having TCB is: alternate disk installation is impossible.

I hope this helps.

bakunin

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Switch off TCB (Trusted Computing Base)

I wanted to do an "Alternate Disk Migration" via my NIM server to update several clients (all LPARs in a p670) from 5.1 ML6 to 5.2 ML3. As a prerequisite the procedure says "if the system has the Trusted Computing Base enabled it has to be switched off before". Well, i didn't give this too much... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bakunin
3 Replies

2. AIX

How to apply aix 5.3 TL8 properly on ML5 aix system ?

Is it necessary to put system into single user mode for applying aix 5.3 TL8 on a aix 5.3.5.0 system ? Is the TL8 installation not totally safe ? thank you. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: astjen
6 Replies

3. AIX

IY17981 fix required for aix 4.3.3 to aix 5L migration but not found

Hi, redbook documentation is telling that IY17981 fix is required for aix 4.3.3 to aix 5L migration. But there is no mention about that fix in any ML installation packages. - My system is ML11 : oslevel –r 4330-11 - But xlC.rte is on wrong version : lslpp -L xlC.rte xlC.rte ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: astjen
3 Replies

4. AIX

How to upgrade AIX Firmware & TL Maintenance Level in AIX

Steps to upgrade AIX TL ( technology Level ) / Maintenance Level in AIX ( including Firmware HMC VIOS ) This article or post covers upgrades for - Hardware Management Console ( HMC ) - Firmware ( also known as microcode ) - VIO ( Virtual I/O Server = PowerVM ) - AIX Version, Technology... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
2 Replies

5. AIX

Implementing a TCB-Environment in AIX

Habe folgende Frage an der ich mich schwer tue, Welche Möglichkeiten bietet IBM's Betriebssystem "AIX" hinsichtlich der Ausbildung einer TCB-Umgebung? vielen Dank (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Invisibleye86
6 Replies

6. AIX

Nim on AIX 7.1 used to migrate AIX 5.3 to AIX 6.1...is possible?

Using nimadm: nimadm -j nimadmvg -c sap024 -s spot_6100 -l lpp_6100 -d "hdisk1" -Y Initializing the NIM master. Initializing NIM client sap024. 0505-205 nimadm: The level of bos.alt_disk_install.rte installed in SPOT spot_6100 (6.1.3.4) does not match the NIM master's level (7.1.1.2).... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sciacca75
2 Replies

7. AIX

Is it must to enable TCB on AIX LPARs ?

Hi, I've verified my AIX 7.1 LPAR , and TCB is disabled by default. #odmget -q attribute=TCB_STATE PdAt PdAt: uniquetype = "" attribute = "TCB_STATE" deflt = "tcb_disabled" values = "" width = "" type = "" generic = "" ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
3 Replies

8. AIX

Will it affect my AIX LPAR security, when i set up email alerts on AIX server.

Hello, I've set up email alerts on AIX Servers. so that i can get email notifications (via mail relay server) when ever there is abnormal behavior. for example 1) my script monitors CPU/disk/memory etc... when it reaches high water ark, it will send an email alert. 2) disk usage alerts 3)... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
5 Replies

9. AIX

Samba 3.6 on AIX 7.1 - Windows 10 Access to AIX file shares using Active Directory authentication

I am running AIX 7.1 and currently we have samba 3.6.25 installed on the server. As it stands some AIX folders are shared that can be accessed by certain Windows users. The problem is that since Windows 10 the guest feature no longer works so users have to manually type in their Windows login/pwd... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxsnake
14 Replies
audit_event(4)							   File Formats 						    audit_event(4)

NAME
audit_event - audit event definition and class mapping SYNOPSIS
/etc/security/audit_event DESCRIPTION
/etc/security/audit_event is a user-configurable ASCII system file that stores event definitions used in the audit system. As part of this definition, each event is mapped to one or more of the audit classes defined in audit_class(4). See audit_control(4) and audit_user(4) for information about changing the preselection of audit classes in the audit system. Programs can use the getauevent(3BSM) routines to access audit event information. The fields for each event entry are separated by colons. Each event is separated from the next by a <NEWLINE>.Each entry in the audit_event file has the form: number:name:description:flags The fields are defined as follows: number Event number. Event number ranges are assigned as follows: 0 Reserved as an invalid event number. 1-2047 Reserved for the Solaris Kernel events. 2048-32767 Reserved for the Solaris TCB programs. 32768-65535 Available for third party TCB applications. System administrators must not add, delete, or modify (except to change the class mapping), events with an event number less than 32768. These events are reserved by the system. name Event name. description Event description. flags Flags specifying classes to which the event is mapped. Classes are comma separated, without spaces. Obsolete events are commonly assigned to the special class no (invalid) to indicate they are no longer generated. Obsolete events are retained to process old audit trail files. Other events which are not obsolete may also be assigned to the no class. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Using the audit_event File The following is an example of some audit_event file entries: 7:AUE_EXEC:exec(2):ps,ex 79:AUE_OPEN_WTC:open(2) - write,creat,trunc:fc,fd,fw 6152:AUE_login:login - local:lo 6153:AUE_logout:logout:lo 6154:AUE_telnet:login - telnet:lo 6155:AUE_rlogin:login - rlogin:lo ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability | See below | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ The file format stability is evolving. The file content is unstable. FILES
/etc/security/audit_event SEE ALSO
bsmconv(1M), getauevent(3BSM), audit_class(4), audit_control(4), audit_user(4) NOTES
This functionality is available only if the Basic Security Module (BSM) has been enabled. See bsmconv(1M) for more information. SunOS 5.10 6 Jan 2003 audit_event(4)