Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat How do I find out which rpms to install to cover dependencies? Post 302237865 by broli on Thursday 18th of September 2008 02:24:34 PM
Old 09-18-2008
yum provides libc.so.6
and so on so on
you can use wildcards like *

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

rpms vs make

Ok, this is probably a real simple question....I have RH 7.1 and i wanted to know do I have to install the RPM packages for software or can i use the binaries and do make ...make install. ?? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: macdonto
6 Replies

2. Red Hat

get default rpms on RH4 for Oracle 9i

Hi all, please advise. i need to install Oracle 9i database on RHES4 and i've totally screwed up with RPMs trying to install the wrong (i386) on 64bit machine. my question is: how do i can get back to the whole default bunch of RPMs and start from the beginning? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MarGur
1 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Album Cover Contest

This one's inspired by Smiling Dragons Movie Screenshot contest The rules are simple: 10 Albums are posted, with band/artist/name information either removed or made illegible. To score a point on a cover you'll have to post the name of the band/artist, album name, and release year. If either... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: pludi
18 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Building single rpm from 2 different rpms?

Hi all, I have to automate server installation. For this its needed to install 2 - 3 different RPMs. Is there any way of creating a single rpm from these two rpms? How the spec file will look like? thanks... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zing_foru
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

download rpms from fedora 11 repositry

Hello folks, I want to download rpms from below link, but problem is that only able to download with wget command, but problem is that if internet delay or packet loss comes from remote site then it will break the download and download next file not continue the broken file, though i start from... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnbash
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

What is RPMs?

Would you please give us the definition and usage of RPMs in linux? thanks to reply.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jaydul
1 Replies

7. Solaris

ZFS shared with NFS makes directory cover filesystem

I'm having a strange issue that I'm unsure what to do with. I have a new Solaris home server that I want hard mount /home to all our servers. I've made each user's home directory a filesystem so that I can manage every user with a quota. In each one of my server vfstab files I have it set as: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mijohnst
4 Replies
MK-BUILD-DEPS(1)														  MK-BUILD-DEPS(1)

NAME
mk-build-deps - build a package satisfying a package's build-dependencies SYNOPSIS
mk-build-deps --help|--version mk-build-deps [options] control file | package name ... DESCRIPTION
Given a package name and/or control file, mk-build-deps will use equivs to generate a binary package which may be installed to satisfy all the build dependencies of the given package. If --build-dep and/or --build-indep are given, then the resulting binary package(s) will depend solely on the Build-Depends/Build-Depends-Indep dependencies, respectively. OPTIONS
-i, --install Install the generated packages and its build-dependencies. -t, --tool When installing the generated package use the specified tool. (default: apt-get --no-install-recommends) -r, --remove Remove the package file after installing it. Ignored if used without the --install switch. -a foo, --arch foo If the source package has architecture-specific build dependencies, produce a package for architecture foo, not for the system architecture. (If the source package does not have architecture-specific build dependencies, the package produced is always for the pseudo-architecture all.) -B, --build-dep Generate a package which only depends on the source package's Build-Depends dependencies. -A, --build-indep Generate a package which only depends on the source package's Build-Depends-Indep dependencies. -h, --help Show a summary of options. -v, --version Show version and copyright information. -s, --root-cmd Use the specified tool to gain root privileges before installing. Ignored if used without the --install switch. AUTHOR
mk-build-deps is copyright by Vincent Fourmond and was modified for the devscripts package by Adam D. Barratt <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk>. This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY. You are free to redistribute this code under the terms of the GNU General Public License, version 2 or later. Debian Utilities 2013-12-23 MK-BUILD-DEPS(1)