Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: extract data from file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting extract data from file Post 302237695 by ps_sach on Thursday 18th of September 2008 07:32:38 AM
Old 09-18-2008
Bug extract data from file

I m new to shell scripting & i need a help....

i have file like....

Name := sachin
address:=something
phone:=111

Note: There might be or not space between Name & := and between := & sachin. I need to extract the data from each line of file as
var1=Name
value1=sachin

same for the others also...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract data from file

My file in ksh consists of message data of varying lengths (lines), separated with headers. I would like to find a string from this file, and print out the whole message data including the headers. my plan of attack is to search the strings, print the top header, and print the whole message... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: apalex
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract data from file

Dear All , I am posting first time in this forum . Please ignore my mistakes . I am learning Unix and i need help to extract specific data from file . 1. I want to grep number of fails from log . The file contains "fails" word in line if test cases are failed . 2. The log contains... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: getdpg
20 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract data from file

Hello again, how do you extract data from a file? I have created a file with PID #s in it, I need to be able to take the PID from each line and kill it. How is this done? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: raidzero
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract Data from a file

I need to create a script to extract some specific data from a file. I locate the file using the find command: find . -name "rpbol*" -print | xargs grep -li Once I locate the file I need using the above command, I would like to extract some data from that file. The data is always located... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jevaba
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract data based on match against one column data from a long list data

My input file: data_5 Ali 422 2.00E-45 102/253 140/253 24 data_3 Abu 202 60.00E-45 12/23 140/23 28 data_1 Ahmad 256 7.00E-45 120/235 140/235 22 data_4 Aman 365 8.00E-45 15/65 140/65 20 data_10 Jones 869 9.00E-45 65/253 140/253 18... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
12 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with File Data Extract

Hello, Hope you are doing fine. I have been struggling with it for some time now and I would really appreciate your help. Following is file format: Currency,Name,Date, Term USD, ABC, 2011/11/11, T0, S1, S2, S3, S4 , , ,T1, 5.6, 2.3, 6.5, 4.5 , ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: srattani
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract header data from one file and combine it with data from another file

Hi, Great minds, I have some files, in fact header files, of CTD profiler, I tried a lot C programming, could not get output as I was expected, because my programming skills are very poor, finally, joined unix forum with the hope that, I may get what I want, from you people, Here I have attached... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: nex_asp
17 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract data from a file

Hello All, I have a small xml file which looks like below: <Check:defaultval Val="crash" value="crash_report_0013&#xA;generate_check_0020 generate_check_0022&#xA;&#xA;This is where the fault is."/> <Check:defaultval Val="crash" value="crash_report_1001&#xA;generate_check_1001... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: suvendu4urs
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract data from a file

I have a text file that contains the following data. For example, aa.txt has some numbers. I need to extract the continuous numbers(minimum 3 numbers) from it.How can I do this with awk? >aa.txt 31 35 36 37 38 39 44 169 170 173 174 175 177 206 >1a.txt 39 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahmanabdulla
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract data from a file

Hi , I am having a file which is PIPE delimited like this : file.txt aus|start|10:00:00 nz|start|11:00:00 aus|end|10:10:00 us|start|10:00:00 nz|end|11:10:00 us|end|11:00:00 . . . I want to extract an output file like this based on start time and end time for each countries: (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohit_shinez
9 Replies
Graph(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						Graph(3pm)

NAME
SVG::Graph - Visualize your data in Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) format. SYNOPSIS
use SVG::Graph; use SVG::Graph::Data; use SVG::Graph::Data::Datum; #create a new SVG document to plot in... my $graph = SVG::Graph->new(width=>600,height=>600,margin=>30); #and create a frame to hold the data/glyphs my $frame = $graph->add_frame; #let's plot y = x^2 my @data = map {SVG::Graph::Data::Datum->new(x=>$_,y=>$_^2)} (1,2,3,4,5); my $data = SVG::Graph::Data->new(data => @data); #put the xy data into the frame $frame->add_data($data); #add some glyphs to apply to the data in the frame $frame->add_glyph('axis', #add an axis glyph 'x_absolute_ticks' => 1, #with ticks every one #unit on the x axis 'y_absolute_ticks' => 1, #and ticks every one #unit on the y axis 'stroke' => 'black', #draw the axis black 'stroke-width' => 2, #and 2px thick ); $frame->add_glyph('scatter', #add a scatterplot glyph 'stroke' => 'red', #the dots will be outlined #in red, 'fill' => 'red', #filled red, 'fill-opacity' => 0.5, #and 50% opaque ); #print the graphic print $graph->draw; DESCRIPTION
SVG::Graph is a suite of perl modules for plotting data. SVG::Graph currently supports plots of one-, two- and three-dimensional data, as well as N-ary rooted trees. Data may be represented as: Glyph Name Dimensionality supported 1d 2d 3d tree -------------------------------------------------------- Axis x Bar Graph x Bubble Plot x Heatmap Graph x Line Graph x Pie Graph x Scatter Plot x Spline Graph x Tree x SVG::Graph 0.02 is a pre-alpha release. Keep in mind that many of the glyphs are not very robust. PLOTTING
You need to create a SVG::Graph::Frame instance from the parent SVG::Graph instance for each set of data to be plotted. Datasets can be hierarchical, and to represent this, SVG::Graph::Frame instances can themselves contain subframes. SVG::Graph::Frame can contain: - multiple subframes as instances of SVG::Graph::Frame - a single SVG::Graph::Data instance - multiple SVG::Graph::Glyph instances with which to render the attached SVG::Graph::Data instance, and all SVG::Graph::Data instances attached to SVG::Graph::Frame subinstances See SVG::Graph::Frame and SVG::Graph::Glyph for details. ONE DATA SET 1. create an SVG::Graph instance 2. create an SVG::Graph::Frame instance by calling SVG::Graph::add_frame(); 3. create an SVG::Graph::Data instance, containing an SVG::Graph::Data::Datum instance for each data point. 4. Attach the SVG::Graph::Data instance to your SVG::Graph::Frame using SVG::Graph::Frame::add_data(); 5. Attach glyphs to the SVG::Graph::Frame instance using SVG::Graph::Frame::add_glyph(); 6. Call SVG::Graph::draw(); MULTIPLE DATA SETS 1. create an SVG::Graph instance 2. create an SVG::Graph::Frame instance by calling SVG::Graph::add_frame(); 3. create an SVG::Graph::Data instance, containing an SVG::Graph::Data::Datum instance for each data point. 4. Attach the SVG::Graph::Data instance to your SVG::Graph::Frame using SVG::Graph::Frame::add_data(); 5. Attach glyphs to the SVG::Graph::Frame instance using SVG::Graph::Frame::add_glyph(); 6. repeat [2-5] for each additional data set to be added. add_frame() can be called on SVG::Graph to add top-level data sets, or SVG::Graph::Frame to add hierarchical data sets. 7. Call SVG::Graph::draw(); FEEDBACK
Send an email to the svg-graph-developers list. For more info, visit the project page at http://www.sf.net/projects/svg-graph AUTHORS
Allen Day, <allenday@ucla.edu> Chris To, <crsto@ucla.edu> CONTRIBUTORS
James Chen, <chenj@seas.ucla.edu> Brian O'Connor, <boconnor@ucla.edu> SEE ALSO
SVG METHODS
new Title : new Usage : my $graph = SVG::Graph->new(width=>600, height=>600, margin=>20); Function: creates a new SVG::Graph object Returns : a SVG::Graph object Args : width => the width of the SVG height => the height of the SVG margin => margin for the root frame init Title : init Usage : Function: Example : Returns : Args : width Title : width Usage : $obj->width($newval) Function: Example : Returns : value of width (a scalar) Args : on set, new value (a scalar or undef, optional) height Title : height Usage : $obj->height($newval) Function: Example : Returns : value of height (a scalar) Args : on set, new value (a scalar or undef, optional) margin Title : margin Usage : $obj->margin($newval) Function: Example : Returns : value of margin (a scalar) Args : on set, new value (a scalar or undef, optional) svg Title : svg Usage : $obj->svg($newval) Function: Example : Returns : value of svg (a scalar) Args : on set, new value (a scalar or undef, optional) add_frame Title : add_frame Usage : my $frame = $graph->add_frame Function: adds a Frame to the current Graph Returns : a SVG::Graph::Frame object Args : a hash. usable keys: frame_transform (optional) 'top' default orientation 'bottom' rotates graph 180 deg (about the center) 'right' points top position towards right 'left' points top position towards left frames Title : frames Usage : get/set Function: Example : Returns : Args : xoffset Title : xoffset Usage : $obj->xoffset($newval) Function: Example : Returns : value of xoffset (a scalar) Args : on set, new value (a scalar or undef, optional) yoffset Title : yoffset Usage : $obj->yoffset($newval) Function: Example : Returns : value of yoffset (a scalar) Args : on set, new value (a scalar or undef, optional) draw Title : draw Usage : $graph=>draw Function: depends on child glyph implementations Returns : xmlifyied SVG object Args : none perl v5.10.0 2009-01-07 Graph(3pm)