Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: read output in ?
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting read output in ? Post 302237567 by pcstalljr on Wednesday 17th of September 2008 10:41:49 PM
Old 09-17-2008
Yay!

Thank you so much!!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

store output to a file and read from it

Hello all, I need to run snoop command for a period of time (a day) and extract remote host column from it to find out who is accessing my server. When I run the following on the command line it works snoop -port 22 | awk '{print $3}' but when I do snoop -port 22 | awk '{print $3}' | while... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: afadaghi
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Piping output to while read

Hi. Im using cat to output the contents of a file, then piping it to my while read loop.In this loop variables get assigned values. However when i try to use the variables outside the loop their values has been reset.I understand about subshells etc. but I have no idea how to "preserve" the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ultimodiablo
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

read file and output message

hi, I have a baby.txt file with two type of message: xxxxxxxx is missing xxxxxxxxxxx is not missing xxxx is missing xxxxxxxx is not missing xxxxxxxx is not missing For the above, I need to read file and get all "xxxx is missing" and write into baby_missing.txt. If no message "xxxxx is... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: happyv
12 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read output of mii-tool

I am trying to create a small install script for gentoo. I am trying to research how to pass on information from a command i.e. mii-tool to autodiscover my network settings. for instance ~ # mii-tool eth0: no autonegotiation, 100baseTx-HD, link ok eth1: 10 Mbit, half duplex, no link ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: picoaeterna
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

While read do, then echo, gives double output

Sorry about the title, but this should be fairly self-explanatory. My script seems to work, except that in the output, below, the first three lines are correct, but why does it print the additional lines 4, 5, & 6? Script: #!/bin/bash while read; do client="$(grep -m 1 Client | awk... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MrKen
3 Replies

6. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Read file and change a 0 to a 1 in output

<key>ExcludeSimpleHostnames</key> <integer>0</integer> <key>FTPPassive</key> Need simple command that will change the 0 to a 1 in this file when I grep it, but only for this integer key directly after the ExcludeSimpleHostnames key. I got this output code... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: glev2005
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read file and only output certain content

Hi - I have a file containing data like :- cn=tommy,cn=users,c=uk passwordexpirydate=20100530130623z cn=jane,cn=users,c=uk passwordexpirydate=20100423140734z cn=michael,cn=users,c=uk passwordexpirydate=20100331020044z I want to end up with a file that looks like:-... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sniper57
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ls output into a read command as a variable

I'm working on a short BASH script on my Ubuntu box that will run powerpoint scripts with MS Powerpoint Viewer 2007 via WINE. I can run the presentation when I run it manually but what i'd like to do is have the script look for the newest file then run it. #! /bin/sh # Start the newest... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: binary-ninja
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output read variable

Hi all, how read varaible and ouput in colum, e.g. $ echo $VAR1 opc op odi games gopher vcsa abrt I like $ echo $VAR1 opc op odi games gopher vcsa abrt (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aav1307
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Read line and print output

need help to print the below .. Content of file looks like below .. SCHEMA1. TABLE1 SCHEMA2. TABLE2 SCHEMA3. TABLE3 read lines from above file and print o/p as below print output like read 1st line and print SELECT SCHEMA1.TABLE1 print output like read 2st line and print ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rocking77
4 Replies
lsusb(8)							Linux USB Utilities							  lsusb(8)

NAME
lsusb - list USB devices SYNOPSIS
lsusb [ options ] DESCRIPTION
lsusb is a utility for displaying information about USB buses in the system and the devices connected to them. OPTIONS
-v, --verbose Tells lsusb to be verbose and display detailed information about the devices shown. This includes configuration descriptors for the device's current speed. Class descriptors will be shown, when available, for USB device classes including hub, audio, HID, communi- cations, and chipcard. -s [[bus]:][devnum] Show only devices in specified bus and/or devnum. Both ID's are given in decimal and may be omitted. -d [vendor]:[product] Show only devices with the specified vendor and product ID. Both ID's are given in hexadecimal. -D device Do not scan the /dev/bus/usb directory, instead display only information about the device whose device file is given. The device file should be something like /dev/bus/usb/001/001. This option displays detailed information like the v option; you must be root to do this. -t Tells lsusb to dump the physical USB device hierarchy as a tree. This overrides the v option. -V, --version Print version information on standard output, then exit successfully. RETURN VALUE
If the specified device is not found, a non-zero exit code is returned. FILES
/usr/share/hwdata/usb.ids A list of all known USB ID's (vendors, products, classes, subclasses and protocols). SEE ALSO
lspci(8), usbview(8). AUTHOR
Thomas Sailer, <sailer@ife.ee.ethz.ch>. usbutils-007 6 May 2009 lsusb(8)