Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: check a list of vars
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting check a list of vars Post 302237444 by audiophile on Wednesday 17th of September 2008 04:57:25 PM
Old 09-17-2008
Thanks for the replies, all. I'm using BASH for this script. That ${parameter:=word} syntax is foreign to me...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help with nawk using -v vars

I'm trying to pass nawk a shell variable to be used in a pattern match. I can't get this work. I'm calling nawk from a /bin/sh echo " Input file: \c" read var1 echo " Input: \c" read var2 nawk -F"|" -v x=$1 ' BEGIN $15 ~ /^'$var2'/ {print $2}' var1 {apary=$15; bparty=$23; time=$4;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amon
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing Vars between scripts

Im running a script that runs scripts within it self and i need to pass vars made in the original script to scripts run within it and the only way i can think to do it is right the string to a file and read the file in the script (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rcunn87
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

NEW: need help with nawk using -v vars

I'm trying to pass nawk a shell variable to be used in a pattern match. I can't get this work. I'm calling nawk from a /bin/sh I want that when somebody enters Trunk Group in variable TGR so it goes into nawk variable TG. echo "Enter TRUNK GROUP:" read TGR cat... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: wakhan
20 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk operating with shell vars only

Hi all How do I use awk such that it does not require an input file? I have a situation where I need to process some shell vars within awk (passed into awk with "-v VAR1=$VALUE1, VAR2=$VALUE2" etc), but that processing does not require/use an input file. Any guidance? TIA JG (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgrogan
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Difference between use vars and our variable in PERL

What is the difference between defining the global variable through our and using use vars ? Is the variable created using our goes beyond even package scope? Thanks in Advance !!! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jatanig
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

getting vars from external files

Hi I have an issue, I want to get variables from an external file. Variable file var1=test var2-test2 I want to get these vars from another shell script. Does any one know how? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: digitalviking
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

List of Shell Env Vars

Hia, echo ${!S*} gives me all those env vars starting with S like SHELL SECONDS SHELLOPTS SHLVL etc. is there any way to deflate the shell variables' range like echo ${!A-E*} OR echo ${!A..S*} to list all env vars starting within range of A till E. Thanks Regards, Nasir (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: busyboy
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read vars iteratively

Hello, I have a tab delimited list of 311 server & account names which I want to read those 2 variables and then connect to each server and get info on that particular job account. I've tried the following: while read server acct; do printf "********$server\t $acct***********\n" ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcbobolink
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing vars or params to function

How to pass the getopts processed variable "${@}" to a function? It contains a list of package names needed in various functions. Seems the issue I have is due to the order of the script, with the processed "${@}" falling after the unprossed "${@}". I've been manually parsing options in the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cody Learner
3 Replies
ALTER FOREIGN DATA 
WRAPPER(7) SQL Commands ALTER FOREIGN DATA WRAPPER(7) NAME
ALTER FOREIGN DATA WRAPPER - change the definition of a foreign-data wrapper SYNOPSIS
ALTER FOREIGN DATA WRAPPER name [ VALIDATOR valfunction | NO VALIDATOR ] [ OPTIONS ( [ ADD | SET | DROP ] option ['value'] [, ... ]) ] ALTER FOREIGN DATA WRAPPER name OWNER TO new_owner DESCRIPTION
ALTER FOREIGN DATA WRAPPER changes the definition of a foreign-data wrapper. The first form of the command changes the library or the generic options of the foreign-data wrapper (at least one clause is required). The second form changes the owner of the foreign-data wrap- per. Only superusers can alter foreign-data wrappers. Additionally, only superusers can own foreign-data wrappers. PARAMETERS
name The name of an existing foreign-data wrapper. VALIDATOR valfunction Specifies a new foreign-data wrapper validator function. Note that it is possible that after changing the validator the options to the foreign-data wrapper, servers, and user mappings have become invalid. It is up to the user to make sure that these options are correct before using the foreign-data wrapper. NO VALIDATOR This is used to specify that the foreign-data wrapper should no longer have a validator function. OPTIONS ( [ ADD | SET | DROP ] option ['value'] [, ... ] ) Change options for the foreign-data wrapper. ADD, SET, and DROP specify the action to be performed. ADD is assumed if no operation is explicitly specified. Option names must be unique; names and values are also validated using the foreign data wrapper library. EXAMPLES
Change a foreign-data wrapper dbi, add option foo, drop bar: ALTER FOREIGN DATA WRAPPER dbi OPTIONS (ADD foo '1', DROP 'bar'); Change the foreign-data wrapper dbi validator to bob.myvalidator: ALTER FOREIGN DATA WRAPPER dbi VALIDATOR bob.myvalidator; COMPATIBILITY
ALTER FOREIGN DATA WRAPPER conforms to ISO/IEC 9075-9 (SQL/MED). The standard does not specify the VALIDATOR and OWNER TO variants of the command. SEE ALSO
CREATE FOREIGN DATA WRAPPER [create_foreign_data_wrapper(7)], DROP FOREIGN DATA WRAPPER [drop_foreign_data_wrapper(7)] SQL - Language Statements 2010-05-14 ALTER FOREIGN DATA WRAPPER(7)