Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting to remove space after numeric Post 302237134 by ali560045 on Wednesday 17th of September 2008 04:33:29 AM
Old 09-17-2008
to remove space after numeric

I have a script that shows me the disk SPace used by different dir under my home dir:

Code:
#!/bin/ksh
cd /ednpdtu3/u01/pipe

p1=`df -g | tail -1 | tr -s " " | cut -d " " -f2`
echo "Total Disk Space of Home Dir is $p1 GB"
p2=`df -g | tail -1 | tr -s " " | cut -d " " -f3`
echo "Total Disk Space Free in Home Dir is $p2 GB"

count=`ls -ltr | grep ^d | wc -l`
echo "$count Dir found in HOME DIR"

a1=1
while [ $a1 -le $count ]
do
  b=`ls -ltr | grep ^d | head -$a1 | tail -1 | tr -s " " | cut -d " " -f9`
  #echo $b
  a1=`expr $a1 + 1`
  a2=`du -sk $b`
  echo "$a2" 
done

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Output i m getting:
28 ssh

89508 Outgoing

6393868 Incoming

4 Mail

----------------------------------------------------------

But i want to get only numeric value i.e. whenever it encounter space , it should remove spaces and watever is after spaces so that i can get onl;y numeric part. My o/p should be like below

--------------------------------------------------------------

I know we can do it by SED and we have to implement this in a2=`du -sk $b` . I tried some commands with sed
,but not successfull

a2=`du -sk $b | `sed 's/ //g'-----> not working

I m pretty much sure we have to implement the logic in that part of the script i.e. a2=`du -sk $b` and using SED but not getting the correct way to use SED

Plz help me in this

Last edited by Franklin52; 09-17-2008 at 06:13 AM.. Reason: adding code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl code to differentiate numeric and non-numeric input

Hi All, Is there any code in Perl which can differentiate between numeric and non-numeric input? (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raynon
11 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove non numeric values from a variable

Hello all, I am working on a basic script but need a little help. Issue: I am running a SQL Query using sqlplus and a shell script. I have the output of the statement stored as variable $A. $A is set to "other text here 45678754 other text here". I need to strip all text except that numeric... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: ownedthawte
13 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove space

DATE=6/Jul/2010 6/Jul/2010 var="sed -n '/\ ---------- Post updated at 11:49 AM ---------- Previous update was at 11:36 AM ---------- #!/bin/bash DATE=`./get_date.pl 3` DATE1=`./get_date.pl 2` var1=$( echo "$DATE" | sed "s/ //g" ) var2=$( echo "$DATE1" | sed "s/ //g" ) var="sed -n... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sandy1028
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find and Replace random numeric value with non-numeric value

Can someone tell me how to change the first column in a very large 17k line file from a random 10 digit numeric value to a non numeric value. The format of lines in the file is: 1702938475,SNU022,201004 the first 10 numbers always begin with 170 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bahf1s
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to remove numeric characters in the flat file

HI, can any one help me please .. i have flat file like qwer123rt ass3242ccf jjk654 kjh838ppp nhdg453ok hdkk34 i want remove numeric characters in the flat file i want output like this qwerrt assccf jjk kjhppp nhdgok hdkk help me... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rafimd1985
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove space

File A.txt A005 -119.5 -119.5 -100.5 A006 -120.5 -119.5 -119.3 A008 0 0 0 Output A005 -119.5 -119.5 -100.5 A006 -120.5 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: asavaliya
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove certain column with numeric value

I have file1.txt LBP298W2,300,-18,-115,-12,-105 LBP298W2,300,-18,-115,LBP298W3,300 LBP298W3,300,-18,-115,-12,-105---------- Post updated at 03:35 AM ---------- Previous update was at 03:34 AM ---------- i want to remove every line with non numeric value in column 5 expected result ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: radius
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need to remove leading space from awk statement space from calculation

I created a awk state to calculate the number of success however when the query runs it has a leading zero. Any ideas on how to remove the leading zero from the calculation? Here is my query: cat myfile.log | grep | awk '{print $2,$3,$7,$11,$15,$19,$23,$27,$31,$35($19/$15*100)}' 02:00:00... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bizomb
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove space from numeric value

Hello, I need help. I have xml file and there are one extra space on number <EpiReference>1 42345</EpiReference>. And of cource, the value change on every new file. I need remove space from that value what is in between <EpiReference> and </EpiReference>. How I can do that? This are example... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jopsulainen
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove new line starting with a numeric value and append it to the previous line

Hi, i have a file with multiple entries. After some tests with sed i managed to get the file output as follows: lsn=X-LINK-IN0,apc=661:0,state=avail,avail/links=1/1, 00,2110597,2094790,0,81,529,75649011,56435363, lsn=TM1ITP1-AM1ITP1-LS,apc=500:0,state=avail,avail/links=1/1,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nms
5 Replies
FS_DISKFREE(1)						       AFS Command Reference						    FS_DISKFREE(1)

NAME
fs_diskfree - Shows data about the partition housing a directory or file SYNOPSIS
fs diskfree [-path <dir/file path>+] [-human] [-help] fs df [-p <dir/file path>+] [-hu] [-he] fs di [-p <dir/file path>+] [-hu] [-he] DESCRIPTION
The fs diskfree command formats and displays information about the partition that houses the volume containing the specified directory or file, including its size and how much space is currently used. To display information about the volume itself, use the fs examine command. The fs examine and fs quota commands also display information about a volume. CAUTIONS
The partition-related statistics in this command's output do not always agree with the corresponding values in the output of the standard UNIX df command. The statistics reported by this command can be up to five minutes old, because the Cache Manager polls the File Server for partition information at that frequency. Also, on some operating systems, the df command's report of partition size includes reserved space not included in this command's calculation, and so is likely to be about 10% larger. OPTIONS
-path <dir/file path>+ Names a file or directory that resides on the partition about which to produce output. Partial pathnames are interpreted relative to the current working directory, which is also the default value if this argument is omitted. -human Print space in a "human-readable" format. Instead of always printing space in kilobytes, show disk space in kilobytes, megabytes, gigabytes, terabytes, or petabytes, as appropriate. -help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. OUTPUT
The output reports the following information about the volume and partition that houses each file or directory: Volume Name The name of the volume. total The partition's total size. If -human is not specified, this value is in kilobytes. used The amount of space used on the partition. If -human is not specified, this value is in kilobytes. avail The amount of space available on the partition. If -human is not specified, this value is in kilobytes. %used The percentage of the partition's total space that is used (the "used" statistic divided by the "kbytes" statistic, times 100). If the %used statistic is greater than 90%, it is marked with the string "<<WARNING" at the right margin. If the volume is a read-only volume, the output includes information about only one of the partitions that houses it, generally the one on the file server machine with the lowest preference rank. To verify which machine the output is referring to, use the vos listvldb command to list the volume's locations, and the vos partinfo command to display the size of each one. EXAMPLES
The following example shows the output for the partitions housing the volumes "user.smith" and "sun4x_56.bin": % fs diskfree -path /afs/abc.com/usr/smith /afs/abc.com/sun4x_56/bin Volume Name total used avail %used user.smith 4177920 3841258 336662 92% <<WARNING sun4x_56.bin 4423680 3174500 1249180 72% PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
The issuer must have the "r" (read) permission on the ACL of the root directory of the volume that houses the file or directory named by the -path argument, and "l" (list) permission on the ACL of each directory that precedes it in the pathname. SEE ALSO
fs_examine(1) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 FS_DISKFREE(1)