Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: fifo deletion problem..
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory fifo deletion problem.. Post 302237087 by yogeshdimble on Wednesday 17th of September 2008 01:30:54 AM
Old 09-17-2008
SmilieProbem is now some extent is solved.
I thinked that for such corrupted files inodes might have corrupted or links in super block may be corrupted. This problem was related with filesystem.

So I ran the command fsck in the single user mode. The command was asking about to recover those files. By giving correct options I recoverd the filesystem. Now problem is resolved to some extent but not fully.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

FIFO issue

hello i am making a client server program that communicates via FIFOS and i cannot get it to not hang i also am forking exec-ing the client from the server my logic (i will spare you the code ) in the server i make two fifos in my server my file permissions are 0644 i then open both... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: runawayNinja
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

file deletion problem

I am using unix via telnet ssh and i have a problem I was testing the server. I made a directory. Transfered a file from an ftp to it. Opened the file with the vi text editor --This where my problem came..... I tried deleting the file using rm somefile.htm when is typed ls i noticed that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shdwsclan
2 Replies

3. Programming

how to use fifo

hi, I have a problem. I've done a lil program which gets from the server the given persons username a personal folder. I made it with a pipe calling popen with a command, but how can i make the same thing using fifo. I make the fifo with mkfifo() func. and than what. How do I tell the sertver using... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: atticus
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Doubts on FIFO

Hi , I m beginner for Unix and i want to use FIFO in my 2 Scripts . I want 1 script to read data from FIFO and other will write into FIFO. Despite reading so many articles/posts i am still unable sunchronize my scripts. My doubts are 1> Do We require both scripts as daemons to use... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay
0 Replies

5. Programming

How to see a FIFO from all the threads?

Hello C programming fellows!!! I'm doing a program with multiple threads in gnu/linux, ubuntu for beeing precise... This program consist in multiple threads, as logical each thread do different things and communicate to each other using IPC. The problem is that in "process 1" I have a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sandia_man
1 Replies

6. Programming

fifo

Dear friends i'm want to implement a program which one file is split into fragments by the server (by some random size) and sent to some processes, so these processes get randomly the fragments of the original file from the server, then the downloader randomly connects to some of these processes... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: saman_glorious
0 Replies

7. Programming

Help With FIFO problem...

=server.c= #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <sys/stat.h> #include <sys/types.h> #include <unistd.h> #include <errno.h> #include <fcntl.h> #include <string.h> #include <signal.h> #define MSGSIZE 50 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sponge
1 Replies

8. Programming

FIFO problem[solved]

I wrote a simple program to have cat pipe its output into less through a FIFO. The write works fine, but the child won't exit after writing to the FIFO. Another program needs to read from the FIFO for it to exit, but the parent (less) must wait for the data to become available to read the FIFO. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ultrix
0 Replies

9. UNIX and Linux Applications

FIFO

Hello , I am working on unix FIFO IPC. i have a doubt regarding that. If the fifo is updated(write()) through one process....can we able to send any signal that fifo is updated and ready to get read...to other process.?? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Harry443
0 Replies

10. Debian

Problem with files/dirs deletion

Hi, The other day i installed a PHP based CMS (modx) on my shell account and noticed that i couldn't delete any of files/dirs it created after. Also, i noticed that all that stuff is owned by username-www instead of username. I tried chown, chmod and using a PHP script to do the same wti... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pentago
4 Replies
DUMPE2FS(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       DUMPE2FS(8)

NAME
dumpe2fs - dump ext2/ext3/ext4 filesystem information SYNOPSIS
dumpe2fs [ -bfhixV ] [ -o superblock=superblock ] [ -o blocksize=blocksize ] device DESCRIPTION
dumpe2fs prints the super block and blocks group information for the filesystem present on device. dumpe2fs is similar to Berkeley's dumpfs program for the BSD Fast File System. OPTIONS
-b print the blocks which are reserved as bad in the filesystem. -o superblock=superblock use the block superblock when examining the filesystem. This option is not usually needed except by a filesystem wizard who is examining the remains of a very badly corrupted filesystem. -o blocksize=blocksize use blocks of blocksize bytes when examining the filesystem. This option is not usually needed except by a filesystem wizard who is examining the remains of a very badly corrupted filesystem. -f force dumpe2fs to display a filesystem even though it may have some filesystem feature flags which dumpe2fs may not understand (and which can cause some of dumpe2fs's display to be suspect). -h only display the superblock information and not any of the block group descriptor detail information. -i display the filesystem data from an image file created by e2image, using device as the pathname to the image file. -x print the detailed group information block numbers in hexadecimal format -V print the version number of dumpe2fs and exit. BUGS
You need to know the physical filesystem structure to understand the output. AUTHOR
dumpe2fs was written by Remy Card <Remy.Card@linux.org>. It is currently being maintained by Theodore Ts'o <tytso@alum.mit.edu>. AVAILABILITY
dumpe2fs is part of the e2fsprogs package and is available from http://e2fsprogs.sourceforge.net. SEE ALSO
e2fsck(8), mke2fs(8), tune2fs(8) E2fsprogs version 1.41.11 March 2010 DUMPE2FS(8)