Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Upgrade Solaris 8 to Solaris 10 Post 302237066 by frozentin on Wednesday 17th of September 2008 12:45:36 AM
Old 09-17-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by incredible
You can't migrate directly from 8 to 10. Its very different. Have to migrate to 9 first , then to 10.
That, my friend, is absolutely NOT true. I have updated 10 servers in the last month or so using a home-grown procedure (scripted/developed by a colleague), and not one server has had any problem.

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Solaris 9 to Solaris 10 upgrade on Sun Fire 3800

Hello there! I have Sun Fire 3800 with very old Solaris 9 and I need to perform upgrade to concurrent Solaris 10 version, preserving current OS configuration. I supose to make it using Live Upgrade, but according to Solaris Live Upgrade Software: Minimum Patch Requirements page, I need to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sapfeer
5 Replies

2. Solaris

Upgrade Solaris 11.1 to Solaris 11.2 beta?

Ive googled a bit, but could not find out how to upgrade to Solaris 11.2 beta, using the IPS package manager. Does anyone know how to do it? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kebabbert
4 Replies
prosody-migrator(8)													       prosody-migrator(8)

NAME
prosody-migrator - Migrate data between Prosody data stores SYNOPSIS
prosody-migrator [OPTIONS] [SOURCE_STORE DESTINATION_STORE] DESCRIPTION
prosody-migrator is used to move data (user accounts, rosters, vcards, etc.) between different data stores. For example this allows you to migrate data from a file-based store to an SQL database, and vice-versa. Note: the migrator assumes that the destination store is empty. Existing data that conflicts with data in the source store will be over- written! OPTIONS
--config=FILENAME Specify an alternative config file to use. The default is /etc/prosody/migrator.cfg.lua. SOURCE_STORE The name of the store (defined in the config file) to migrate data from. Defaults to 'input'. DESTINATION_STORE The name of the store (also defined in the config file) to migrate data to. Defaults to 'output'. FILES
/etc/prosody/migrator.cfg.lua The migrator config file. SEE ALSO
prosody(8), prosodyctl(8) AUTHOR
Matthew Wild <mwild1@gmail.com> Prosody IM 20 April 2014 prosody-migrator(8)