Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers extract only the "numbers" that are present in this file to a seperate file.. Post 302236993 by rohit.shetty84 on Tuesday 16th of September 2008 07:23:15 PM
Old 09-16-2008
Word "Person rejected:" may not be there everytime with the number.

So bifurcating the line based on "Person rejected:" does not seem to a good option to me..Instead i would prefer the line to be searched on basis of the number.

Hope i made my case clear

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

"sed" to check file size & echo " " to destination file

Hi, I've modified the syslogd source to include a thread that will keep track of a timer(or a timer thread). My intention is to check the file size of /var/log/messages in every one minute & if the size is more than 128KB, do a echo " " > /var/log/messages, so that the file size will be set... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jockey007
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Format output from the file to extract "date" section

Hello Team , I have to extract date section from the below file output. The output of the file is as shown below. I have to extract the "" this section from the above output of the file. can anyone please let me know how can we acheive this? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolguyamy
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix "look" Command "File too large" Error Message

I am trying to find lines in a text file larger than 3 Gb that start with a given string. My command looks like this: $ look "string" "/home/patrick/filename.txt" However, this gives me the following message: "look: /home/patrick/filename.txt: File too large" So, I have two... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: shishong
14 Replies

5. Programming

extract the same format from existing excel file using " Spreadsheet::ParseExcel " module

Hi , can any one tell me,"How to extract the same format from existing excel file to new excel file " using Spreadsheet::WriteExcel or Spreadsheet::ParseExcel module ??? Example_pgm: Below program is used to read existing excel file..In this program "my $cell = $_;" line is used to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kavi.mogu
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding the strings beween 2 characters "/" & "/" in .txt file

Hi all. I have a .txt file that I need to sort it My file is like: 1- 88 chain0 MASTER (FF-TE) FFFF 1962510 /TCK T FD2TQHVTT1 /jtagc/jtag_instreg/updateinstr_reg_1 dff1 (TI,SO) 2- ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Behrouzx77
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find a file which are not ends with ".zip" and which are ends with "*.log*" or "*.out*"?

I am new to bash/shell scripting. I want to find all the files in directory and subdirectories, which are not ends with “.zip” and which are contains in the file name “*.log*” or “*.out*”. I know below command to get the files which ends with “.log”; but I need which are not ends with this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mallikgm
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Extract delta records using with "comm" and "sort" commands combination

Hi All, I have 2 pipe delimited files viz., file_old and file_new. I'm trying to compare these 2 files, and extract all the different rows between them into a new_file. comm -3 < sort file_old < sort file_new > new_file I am getting the below error: -ksh: sort: cannot open But if I do... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: njny
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
swfextract(1)							     swftools							     swfextract(1)

NAME
swfextract - a tool for extracting data out of swf files. Synopsis swfextract [options] [file.swf] DESCRIPTION
swfextracts allows one to extract swf movieclips and objects out of swf files. SWF files are animation files which can be displayed in Web Browsers using the Flash Plugin. OPTIONS
-h, --help Print short help message and exit -o, --output filename Write output to file filename -V, --version Print version info and exit -i, --id ids ids is a range of IDs to extract. E.g. 1-10,14 -j, --jpegs ids ids is a range of JPEG IDs to extract. E.g. 1-2,3,14- -p, --pngs ids ids is a range of PNG IDs to extract. E.g. -10,20-30 -f, --frame frames frames is a range of frames to extract. E.g. 1-10,20-30,40- -n, --name name Set the name of the object to extract to name. -w, --hollow Copy empty frames to the output file, too. -P, --placeobject Copy original placeobject tag for the given object into the output file (Use with -i). This means that the object is at the same position in the generated movie as in the original movie. -j, --jpegs range Extract jpeg pictures in range -p, --pngs range Extract png pictures in range -m, --mp3 Extract main mp3 stream (There may be substreams in the Movieclips, as well. To extract these, first extract the Movieclips with -i and then use -m) AUTHOR
Matthias Kramm <kramm@quiss.org> swfdump January 2003 swfextract(1)