Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Running script that sends an html formatted email fails when its run as cronjob Post 302236969 by cfajohnson on Tuesday 16th of September 2008 05:42:34 PM
Old 09-16-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightowl
I dont think any of the variables are actually used or I just dont get it Smilie

Here is the shell script written in php:

#! /usr/bin/php -q
<?php
?>
I typed in the PATH=/root/bin in the top of this document and the error returned was
PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/typo3/mydomain/typo3conf/ext/aux_newsmailer/mailer/mailer.sh:3) in /var/www/typo3/mydomain/typo3_src-4.2.1/t3lib/class.t3lib_userauth.php on line 278

That's a PHP script, not a shell script.

You cannot use shell syntax in PHP.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script not running thru Cronjob

Hi I have a shell script, it run ok if executed from the path it is located at but doesnot run when the same is tried through cron-job. can someone help me please. regards gaurav shrinivas Email address removed (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: gauravshrinivas
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cronjob to run perl script

Hi all Recently i had finished a perl script. When i run manually, the script work fine. But when i wanted to put the script in cron, it didn't get the same output as it run manually. I felt that it only execute the script until certain line then it stop as i see most of the related files didn't... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: AirWalker83
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

write the script to get the file size and sends an email

hi all Anybody have an idea to write the script to get the file size and sends an email when file size increse more than 10mb. thanks (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: s_linux
10 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

BASH script that sends text message or email

Hi, I have a BASH shell script that batch processes data. I often start this script before I leave to go home for the day, and leave it processing over night. It has come to my attention that it would be very useful for me to add the capability of making the script notify me about certain things... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: msb65
2 Replies

5. AIX

My script didn't run every run every minute at cronjob

In my cronjob, I would like to schedule my script.sh to run every minutes. I crontab -e and have in line below but it didn't seems to run at all. * * * * * script.sh When I run it manually, I can run it. Is that anything wrong with the above line? If I change it to something like below,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ngaisteve1
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to Alert a file and sends an email

Hello All, I need a script which alerts me when a files arrive in a directory. I don't need every file. but i need some specific pattern file. And i need to get automatic email gettin as an alert For Example: /a/b/c/ : directory format of file should take regualr expression or manually... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krux_rap
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script not running through Cronjob

Hi, I have a .ksh script which updates the database. The script is running fine manually but it is not running through cron.All the file permissions are fine. The script contents are as below: #!/usr/bin/ksh ddate=`date +%Y%m%d` echo $ddate nohup sqlplus crm/crm @db_state_sync.sql >>... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shivangi
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script does not run from a user specific cronjob.

Hello, I have two crontabs, one for the root and one for another user. There is a script in my configurations that has to send a email. The script works and sends the emails when I run it by hand with either the root or the user, and when I program it in the root's crontab. But! It does not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tralaraloro
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Email body not formatted with html and sendmail

Hi All, I am trying to send the contents of a file as email body. I am using html email and sendmail option of unix. I am using the below piece of code for the same : #!/usr/bin/ksh export MAILTO="email@domain.com" export SUBJECT="Report" export BODY="file_directory_path/test_file.txt"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rockygsd
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script fails to run properly when run from CRONTAB

Hello all, I'm trying to write a script to gather and send data and it works just fine at the bash command line, but when executing from CRON, it does not run properly. My scripting skills are pretty limited and there's probably a better way, but as I said it works at the command line, but... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: rusman
12 Replies
service(8)						      System Manager's Manual							service(8)

NAME
service - run a System V init script SYNOPSIS
service SCRIPT COMMAND [OPTIONS] service --status-all service --help | -h | --version DESCRIPTION
service runs a System V init script in as predictable an environment as possible, removing most environment variables and with the current working directory set to /. The SCRIPT parameter specifies a System V init script, located in /etc/init.d/SCRIPT. The supported values of COMMAND depend on the invoked script. service passes COMMAND and OPTIONS to the init script unmodified. All scripts should support at least the start and stop commands. As a special case, if COMMAND is --full-restart, the script is run twice, first with the stop command, then with the start com- mand. service --status-all runs all init scripts, in alphabetical order, with the status command. EXIT CODES
service calls the init script and returns the status returned by it. FILES
/etc/init.d The directory containing System V init scripts. ENVIRONMENT
LANG, TERM The only environment variables passed to the init scripts. SEE ALSO
/etc/init.d/skeleton, update-rc.d(8), init(8), invoke-rc.d(8). Jan 2006 service(8)