Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Send password : In Background Post 302236907 by ashwin.patil on Tuesday 16th of September 2008 02:06:01 PM
Old 09-16-2008
Send password : In Background

Hi All,

How to pass the password in background.....?

" /usr/bin/hdiutil attach -mountroot -stdinpass /path/to/mount/
/path/of/image/TEST.sparseimage "

The above command asks the password to mount a sparse image and when
supplied it gets mount. But my requirement is to use this command within
a shell script to mount the sparse image, and I don't want to store the
password in key chain file. How I would pass the password to this command
to mount the sparse image......?

Please suggest me...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

how can i send via SFTP information with my password encrypted?

I have a Solaris 5.9 server and need send information via SFTP automaticaly, and set my username and password encrypted. How can I do this? Best regards (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: irasela
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

send a new value to a variable in a running background process

Hi guys, I have a issue with a background process, I need to update the value of a variable in that process which is running at this time and it will be running for at least 2 days. Any idea? I will apreciate your help. regards. Razziel. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: razziel
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send Foreground job to background redirecting output

I have many CPU intensive processes running and sometimes I run them in the foreground so that I can see what the output is. I want to send that foreground process to the background, but also have it direct the output to a logfile. I know to send something to the bg I do Ctrl-z on the FG... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhullbuzz
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Send job to Background after input redirection

Hi, I am having issues with syntax when I am trying to send a job to the background after a input redirection. I have this script which sends some files to different servers after zipping them. Once I execute it, it will ask for user input as of which server the files need to go to. (The... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: grep_me
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I send output of a background process to a file other than nohup.out?

I have a question. I will be running a background process using nohup and & command at end. I want to send output to a file say myprocess.out. So will this command work? nohup myprocess.ksh > myprocess.out & Thanks in advance guys !!! :) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vx04
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to send Two different password in Single script, having same username..?

Hi Team, i want to input two password for single node like pass1/pass2 one of the pass1 is working some node and pass2 is working for some nodes . For nodes having pass1 i have to run different script and for nodes having pass2 i have to run different script Sooo how can put two pass... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ganesh Mankar
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to send an email for password expiry

Newbie in scripting Please assist with a script to send an email to all users seven days before their passwords expires.Aging set for 90 days. # chage -l user1 Last password change : Jul 08, 2015 Password expires :... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tshepang
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send sleep to background

Hello all, I've a small script where it checks for the existence of a particular file and sleeps for 5 seconds if it doesn't exist. I would like to send the sleep output to background so that I don't see so many sleep messages in the build output. #!/bin/sh -x until do sleep 3 done echo... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: builderj
17 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Send current script to background

Hi scripters, I'm quite used to run commands in the background using & like in: $ myscript &But this is NOT what I'm trying to do today. What I'm trying to achieve is to run a script the normal way (without &), have my script do a little checkup and then jump to background. Something like:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chebarbudo
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Password expiry send to individual user

Hi Folks, I am having a script which will send out the password expiry email notification with just the username to a common group id, but I am looking for a change in like: the password expiry email notification should send to an individual user account with their email id including the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gsiva
1 Replies
MOUNT_FTP(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					      MOUNT_FTP(8)

NAME
mount_ftp -- mount a FTP filesystem SYNOPSIS
mount_ftp [-i] [-o options] ftp://host[:port][/path] node DESCRIPTION
The mount_ftp command mounts a FTP-enabled server directory at ftp://host[:port][/path] at the mount point indicated by node. If the -i option is not used, all the required information to establish a login to the remote server must be available in the ftp URL, including username & password if needed. The user ID for all files and folders is set to the user's real user ID. The group ID for all files and directories is set to unknown, and the permissions default to read and execute for user, group and other. The options are: -i Interactive mode, you are prompted for the username and password if you did not supply one in the url. -o Options passed to mount(2) are specified with the -o option followed by a comma separated string of options. See the mount(8) man page for possible options and their meanings. The rdonly option will be set even if it was not specified because mount_ftp does not allow files to be opened with write access on servers. ftp://host[:port][/path] The FTP-enabled server directory to mount as a volume. If port is not specified, then port 21 is used. If path is not specified, then the path "/" is used. node Path to mount point. EXAMPLES
The following example illustrates how to mount the FTP-enabled server directory ftp.apple.com/ at the mount point /Volumes/mntpnt/ mount_ftp ftp://ftp.apple.com/ /Volumes/mntpnt/ SEE ALSO
mount(2), unmount(2), mount(8) HISTORY
The mount_ftp command first appeared Mac OS X Version 10.2. RETURN VALUES
0 mount_ftp successfully mounted the server directory. [ENOENT] The server directory could not be mounted by mount_ftp because the node path is invalid. [ENODEV] The server directory could not be mounted by mount_ftp because it is not FTP-enabled or because it does not exist, or because node does not have proper access. [ECANCELED] The server directory could not be mounted by mount_ftp because the user did not provide proper authentication credentials. BUGS
mount_ftp only supports mounting read-only. Mac OS X June 6, 2003 Mac OS X