Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers " ls -lrt " not working ! --- Need a insight from a expert . Post 302236855 by jim mcnamara on Tuesday 16th of September 2008 11:45:58 AM
Old 09-16-2008
Code:
cd /RootDIR/NFS/mydir
quota -v

Disk quota can be enforced on a single filesystem or on a user's directory(ies)
There are two components - total bytes used, total number of files used.
Some systems may have other enforceable disk quotas.

Also, define doesn't work. What you are probably seeing is a long "hang" after you enter the command. If your NFS connection is slow/far away and there are lots of files then ls -lrt will take a long time to return. ls has to read all of the file entries on the remote system before it can display the first line.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

2. AIX

Who is using "AIX Security Expert"?

Who is using "AIX Security Expert"? Is it good tool or not? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
1 Replies

3. Red Hat

"if" and "then" statement is not working in RedHat

Dear experts, I'm trying to write a script to calculate the usage of Log Archive in a directory, so if it gets to a point where the directory size is 60%, then send out an FYI.. email. So if then it reaches to 80%, move the logs from that directory. I have written the script as follow but... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Afi_Linux
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

"find . -printf" without prepended "." path? Getting path to current working directory?

If I enter (simplified): find . -printf "%p\n" then all files in the output are prepended by a "." like ./local/share/test23.log How can achieve that a.) the leading "./" is omitted and/or b.) the full path to the current directory is inserted (enclosed by brackets and a blank)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pstein
1 Replies

6. Solaris

The slices "usr", "opt", "tmp" disappeared!!! Help please.

The system don't boot. on the screen appears following: press enter to maintenance (or type CTRL-D to continue)...I checked with format command. ... the slices "0-root","1-swap","2-backup" exist. ...the slises "3-var","6-usr" -unassigned. :( (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfgang
16 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

9. AIX

Apache 2.4 directory cannot display "Last modified" "Size" "Description"

Hi 2 all, i have had AIX 7.2 :/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -v Server version: Apache/2.4.12 (Unix) Server built: May 25 2015 04:58:27 :/#:/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -M Loaded Modules: core_module (static) so_module (static) http_module (static) mpm_worker_module (static) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: penchev
3 Replies
REPQUOTA(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					       REPQUOTA(8)

NAME
repquota -- summarize quotas for a file system SYNOPSIS
repquota [-g] [-u] [-v] filesystem ... repquota [-g] [-u] [-v] -a DESCRIPTION
Repquota prints a summary of the disk usage and quotas for the specified file systems. Available options: -a Print the quotas of all the filesystems configured with a quota mount option file at its root. -g Print only group quotas (the default is to print both group and user quotas if they exist). -u Print only user quotas (the default is to print both group and user quotas if they exist). -v Print a header line before printing each filesystem quotas. For each user or group, the current number of files and amount of space (in kilobytes) is printed, along with any quotas created with edquota(8). Only members of the operator group or the super-user may use this command. FILES
Each of the following quota files is located at the root of the mounted filesystem. The mount option files are empty files whose existence indicates that quotas are to be enabled for that filesystem. .quota.user data file containing user quotas .quota.group data file containing group quotas .quota.ops.user mount option file used to enable user quotas .quota.ops.group mount option file used to enable group quotas SEE ALSO
quota(1), quotactl(2), edquota(8), quotacheck(8), quotaon(8) DIAGNOSTICS
Various messages about inaccessible files; self-explanatory. HISTORY
The repquota command appeared in 4.2BSD. 4.2 Berkeley Distribution March 28, 2002 4.2 Berkeley Distribution