Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: AIX, VIOS and DS4800 SAN
Operating Systems AIX AIX, VIOS and DS4800 SAN Post 302236728 by gfca on Tuesday 16th of September 2008 08:05:07 AM
Old 09-16-2008
AIX, VIOS and DS4800 SAN

Hello

I have a system with four AIX 5L V5.3 partitions and a Virtual I/O server, connected to a a DS4800 storage array.

Now the company bought another DS4800... i made raid on it... and now i wanna give LUN's to the VIOS, so i can use in one of AIX partitions...

Someone can help me?

Sorry if i miss something but im new in this! Smilie

Thanks a lot

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Problems AIX and SAN.

Sorry for my english. We have a IBM BLADES JS21. AIX 5.3 update to 6. Our JS21 has 2 FC (fcs0 and fcs1). We have one DS4072, one Disk system with 2 controllers and 2 FC by controllers. This means, all AIX FC see all Disk systems controllers by 2 FC switchs. (one fc two roads) FC AIX... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fjgonzalez
4 Replies

2. AIX

AIX disk less with SAN

Hi All, I have mirrored SAN volume on my B80 rootvg. Can I just remove the mirror and "Remove a P V from a V G" and it will be a diskless AIX? Is that going to boot on SAN rootvg volume? Thanks in advance, itik (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
3 Replies

3. AIX

how to increase FS size on SAN DS4800 ?

Hello, I am using DS4800 SAN with AIX 5.3, and would like to increase the size of the DS4800 Luns, so that my FS increase also. How to do this please ? Modifying Lun risk to make all data of the FS being lost ! NO ? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: astjen
8 Replies

4. AIX

AIX & DS4800 error

Hi people... i have a problem with a DS4800 san... it keeps me showing this message (on picture) and i dont know how to solve it! someone knows? thanks a lot (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gfca
2 Replies

5. AIX

Increase LUN size in AIX with VIOS and HACMP

Hello! I have this infraestructure: - 1 POWER7 with single VIOS on Site A. - 1 POWER6 with single VIOS on Site B. - 1 LPAR called NodeA as primary node for PowerHA 6.1 on Site A. - 1 LPAR called NodeB as secondary (cold) node for PowerHA 6.1 on SiteB. - 1 Storage DS4700 on Site A. - 1... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: enzote
8 Replies

6. AIX

VIOS IP address - separate vlan for vios servers ?

Hello, Lets say for simplicity that I do not use any vlan config inside my server - one lpar group use hea physical port1, another group hea physical port2. Physical port1 configured as vlan1 on external switch, physical port2 as vlan2. What is the common practice - should I isolate my vios... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilius
0 Replies

7. AIX

AIX VIOS IVM Ethernet problem

Hi All, I have a p520 box running 3 LPARs, 1 x VIOS, 1 x AIX 6.1 and 1 x AIX 7.1 and no HMC, all configuration is performed via VIOS/IVM Until recently the box did not have the AIX7.1 LPAR and everything was fine with the box. We needed to use AIX 7.1 for a new project, so I created a... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: KevB
11 Replies

8. AIX

Revisiting IBM PowerVM VIOS AIX

coming from this thread: https://www.unix.com/aix/211107-ibm-power-pseries-open-firmware-boot-vios-powervm-vet-code.html PowerVM, formerly known as Advanced Power Virtualization (APV), is a chargeable feature of IBM POWER5, POWER6, POWER7, POWER8, and POWER9 servers and is required for support... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unable to install client AIX LPAR to vscsi hdisk provided from VIOS

Hi everybody, I have Power5 server with 4 internal hdisks each of 70Gb. VIOS server was installed via Virtual I/O Server Image Repository on the HMC. HMC release - 7.7.0 VIOS rootvg installed on 2 disk(these disks merged to one storage pool during VIOS install process),and 2 others hdisks... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravil Khalilov
2 Replies

10. AIX

IBM VIOS AIX HMC Error

hello P6 was managed by HMC, tried to install on it VIOS 2.2.6 and got this error message Hosting requires a hosting partition -- boot not permitted vios-4 - imgbb.com then after creating an lpar in HMC got this message B2001230 vios-3 - imgbb.com anyone know how to solve this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
3 Replies
TGT-ADMIN(8)						      TGT Configuration Tool						      TGT-ADMIN(8)

NAME
tgt-admin - Linux SCSI Target Configuration Tool. SYNOPSIS
tgt-admin -[OPTION]... DESCRIPTION
tgt-admin is a utility which allows a persistent configuration of targets and luns. It uses tgtadm commands to create, delete and show targets. OPTIONS
-e, --execute read /etc/tgt/targets.conf and execute tgtadm commands. if target already exists it will be deleted and a new instance will be created with the new parameters instead. -d, --delete delete all the targets -s, --show show all the targets -f, --force don't exit on tgtadm errors -p, --pretend only print tgtadm options -v, --verbose increase verbosity (no effect in "pretend" mode) -c, --conf <conf_file> specify an alternative configuration file instead of /etc/tgt/target.conf, which is the default. -h, --help display a list of available options and exits CONFIGURATION FILE SYNTAX
The defualt configuration file is: /etc/tgt/target.conf. It defines all the targets and their properties. The configuration file is in XML format and uses tags. Configuration file contains several target blocks, where each block contains tar- get's proerties such as storage devices, initator ACL and authorization information. You can include other config files using: include /etc/tgt/xen/*.conf. There are 2 types of storage devices: backing-store - defines a virtual device on the target. direct-store - defines a direct mapped device with the same properties as the physical device (such as VENDOR_ID , SERIAL_NUM, etc.) initiator-address - allows connections only from the specify IP address. defaults to ALL if no "initiator-address" is specified incominguser - define iscsi incoming authentication setting. if no "incominguser" is specified, it is not used. outgoinguser - define iscsi outgoing authentication setting. if no "outgoinguser" is specified, it is not used. example for a configuration file: <target iqn.2007-04.com.example:san.monitoring> backing-store /dev/san/monitoring # if no "incominguser" is specified, it is not used incominguser backup secretpass12 # defaults to ALL if no "initiator-address" is specified initiator-address 192.168.1.2 </target> <target iqn.2007-02.com.example:san.xen1> backing-store /dev/san/xen1-disk1 # LUN1 direct-store /dev/san/xen1-disk2 # LUN2 initiator-address 192.168.1.2 # Allowed IP initiator-address 192.168.5.6 # Allowed IP incominguser user1 secretpass12 incominguser user2 secretpass23 outgoinguser userA secretpassA </target> <target iqn.2007-02.com.example:san.xen2> backing-store /dev/san/xen2 </target> <target iqn.2007-06.com.example:san.vmware1> backing-store /dev/san/vmware1 </target> FILES
/etc/tgt/target.conf Configuration file for tgt-admin. SEE ALSO
tgtadm(8) REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <stgt-devel@lists.berlios.de> TGT Configuration Tool 2008-07-21 TGT-ADMIN(8)