Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Solaris on AMD 770 chipset
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris on AMD 770 chipset Post 302236515 by seg on Monday 15th of September 2008 06:40:07 PM
Old 09-15-2008
SATA is not that big of a deal, most (if not all) of the AMD based servers Sun sells use SATA drives.

I did run into one issue that I never researched or solved. One of the patch clusters from Sun killed the SVM RAID I had set up. Because of the situation I was in at the time I just reinstalled and didn't apply that cluster. The moral of that is the same as most, test patches before pushing them out to production systems.

Pardon my previous error, I meant an ASUS board with Intel chip Smilie

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

C-Media 8738 chipset for FBSD 4.4

HI i'm compiling my kernel with the support of this chipset. In FreeBSD 4.2 and 4.3 I got no problem with the kernel, but with 4.4 I just can't get the kernel compiled with the soundcard support. i added this to my kernel device pcm device snd something wrong... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stormpie
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Clustering solution for RH Linux AS and Solaris x86/AMD 64

Dear All Experts, Would like to know the maturity/ stability of Redhat Linux AS 3.0 and Solaris. My organization need to setup cluster solution. We are well-versed with Veritas Cluster on Solaris. We are thinking of waiting for certification support of the various ISV like Oracle, Veritas... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: izy100
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 9.0 (x86 on AMD Opteron) reboots after i FTP through Telnet

Hi All, I have installed Solaris 9 on on an AMD Opteron based server. The server is rebooting after i perform the following: - Logon to Solaris 9 AMD box through telnet or putty - ftp to any other box suppose box A where the FTP server is running - After logging in to the box A through... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jsvarma
1 Replies

4. Solaris

realteak HD Audio Chipset

I am wondering if there is a way to get opensolaris to accept my realteck hd audio chip set. dmesg Thu Oct 23 22:47:38 EDT 2008 Oct 23 22:34:49 opensolaris Use is subject to license terms. Oct 23 22:34:49 opensolaris unix: features:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: FloridaBSD
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help with ICH10R chipset and Unix installation

Yesterday we bought 2 PC's to replace really old PC's that are used for server and backup server. New PC's have ICH10R based mobos from ASUS (P5Q Deluxe), and I cannot install SCO 5.0.7, because installation breaks with msg: "error 19 mounting rootdev." Do you know where I could find ICH10R Unix... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: PNemesis
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris commands to retrieve chipset information

I need to know what are the commands in Solaris to retrieve the below information about the hardware platform. 1. Chipset information (information about various hardware controller cards on the mother boards, system BIOS versions, PCI firmware version etc..) 2. Serial number of the work... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajujayanthy
2 Replies
AAC(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    AAC(4)

NAME
aac -- Adaptec AdvancedRAID Controller driver SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following lines in your kernel configuration file: device pci device aac device aacp To compile in debugging code: options AAC_DEBUG=N Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): aac_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The aac driver provides support for the Adaptec AAC family of SCSI Ultra2, Ultra160, and Ultra320, SATA and SAS RAID controllers. Access to RAID containers is available via the /dev/aacd? device nodes. The aacp device enables the SCSI pass-thru interface and allows devices connected to the card such as CD-ROMs to be available via the CAM scsi(4) subsystem. Note that not all cards allow this interface to be enabled. The /dev/aac? device nodes provide access to the management interface of the controller. One node exists per installed card. The aliases /dev/afa? and /dev/hpn? exist for compatibility with the Dell and HP versions of management tools, respectively. If the kernel is compiled with the COMPAT_LINUX option, or the aac_linux.ko and linux.ko modules are loaded, the Linux-compatible ioctl(2) interface for the management device will be enabled and will allow Linux-based management applications to control the card. HARDWARE
Controllers supported by the aac driver include: o Adaptec AAC-364 o Adaptec RAID 2045 o Adaptec RAID 2405 o Adaptec RAID 2445 o Adaptec RAID 2805 o Adaptec RAID 3085 o Adaptec RAID 31205 o Adaptec RAID 31605 o Adaptec RAID 5085 o Adaptec RAID 51205 o Adaptec RAID 51245 o Adaptec RAID 51605 o Adaptec RAID 51645 o Adaptec RAID 52445 o Adaptec RAID 5405 o Adaptec RAID 5445 o Adaptec RAID 5805 o Adaptec SAS RAID 3405 o Adaptec SAS RAID 3805 o Adaptec SAS RAID 4000SAS o Adaptec SAS RAID 4005SAS o Adaptec SAS RAID 4800SAS o Adaptec SAS RAID 4805SAS o Adaptec SATA RAID 2020SA ZCR o Adaptec SATA RAID 2025SA ZCR o Adaptec SATA RAID 2026ZCR o Adaptec SATA RAID 2410SA o Adaptec SATA RAID 2420SA o Adaptec SATA RAID 2610SA o Adaptec SATA RAID 2620SA o Adaptec SATA RAID 2810SA o Adaptec SATA RAID 2820SA o Adaptec SATA RAID 21610SA o Adaptec SCSI RAID 2020ZCR o Adaptec SCSI RAID 2025ZCR o Adaptec SCSI RAID 2120S o Adaptec SCSI RAID 2130S o Adaptec SCSI RAID 2130SLP o Adaptec SCSI RAID 2230SLP o Adaptec SCSI RAID 2200S o Adaptec SCSI RAID 2240S o Adaptec SCSI RAID 3230S o Adaptec SCSI RAID 3240S o Adaptec SCSI RAID 5400S o Dell CERC SATA RAID 2 o Dell PERC 2/Si o Dell PERC 2/QC o Dell PERC 3/Si o Dell PERC 3/Di o Dell PERC 320/DC o HP ML110 G2 (Adaptec SATA RAID 2610SA) o HP NetRAID 4M o IBM ServeRAID 8i o IBM ServeRAID 8k o IBM ServeRAID 8s o ICP RAID ICP5045BL o ICP RAID ICP5085BL o ICP RAID ICP5085SL o ICP RAID ICP5125BR o ICP RAID ICP5125SL o ICP RAID ICP5165BR o ICP RAID ICP5165SL o ICP RAID ICP5445SL o ICP RAID ICP5805BL o ICP RAID ICP5805SL o ICP ICP5085BR SAS RAID o ICP ICP9085LI SAS RAID o ICP ICP9047MA SATA RAID o ICP ICP9067MA SATA RAID o ICP ICP9087MA SATA RAID o ICP ICP9014RO SCSI RAID o ICP ICP9024RO SCSI RAID o Legend S220 o Legend S230 o Sun STK RAID REM o Sun STK RAID EM o SG-XPCIESAS-R-IN o SG-XPCIESAS-R-EX o AOC-USAS-S4i o AOC-USAS-S8i o AOC-USAS-S4iR o AOC-USAS-S8iR o AOC-USAS-S8i-LP o AOC-USAS-S8iR-LP FILES
/dev/aac? aac management interface /dev/aacd? disk/container interface DIAGNOSTICS
Compiling with AAC_DEBUG set to a number between 0 and 3 will enable increasingly verbose debug messages. The adapter can send status and alert messages asynchronously to the driver. These messages are printed on the system console, and are also queued for retrieval by a management application. SEE ALSO
kld(4), linux(4), scsi(4), kldload(8) HISTORY
The aac driver first appeared in FreeBSD 4.3. AUTHORS
Mike Smith <msmith@FreeBSD.org> Scott Long <scottl@FreeBSD.org> BUGS
This driver is not compatible with Dell controllers that have version 1.x firmware. The firmware version is the same as the kernel version printed in the BIOS POST and driver attach messages. The controller is not actually paused on suspend/resume. BSD
July 10, 2009 BSD