Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Solaris on AMD 770 chipset
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris on AMD 770 chipset Post 302236515 by seg on Monday 15th of September 2008 06:40:07 PM
Old 09-15-2008
SATA is not that big of a deal, most (if not all) of the AMD based servers Sun sells use SATA drives.

I did run into one issue that I never researched or solved. One of the patch clusters from Sun killed the SVM RAID I had set up. Because of the situation I was in at the time I just reinstalled and didn't apply that cluster. The moral of that is the same as most, test patches before pushing them out to production systems.

Pardon my previous error, I meant an ASUS board with Intel chip Smilie

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

C-Media 8738 chipset for FBSD 4.4

HI i'm compiling my kernel with the support of this chipset. In FreeBSD 4.2 and 4.3 I got no problem with the kernel, but with 4.4 I just can't get the kernel compiled with the soundcard support. i added this to my kernel device pcm device snd something wrong... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stormpie
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Clustering solution for RH Linux AS and Solaris x86/AMD 64

Dear All Experts, Would like to know the maturity/ stability of Redhat Linux AS 3.0 and Solaris. My organization need to setup cluster solution. We are well-versed with Veritas Cluster on Solaris. We are thinking of waiting for certification support of the various ISV like Oracle, Veritas... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: izy100
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 9.0 (x86 on AMD Opteron) reboots after i FTP through Telnet

Hi All, I have installed Solaris 9 on on an AMD Opteron based server. The server is rebooting after i perform the following: - Logon to Solaris 9 AMD box through telnet or putty - ftp to any other box suppose box A where the FTP server is running - After logging in to the box A through... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jsvarma
1 Replies

4. Solaris

realteak HD Audio Chipset

I am wondering if there is a way to get opensolaris to accept my realteck hd audio chip set. dmesg Thu Oct 23 22:47:38 EDT 2008 Oct 23 22:34:49 opensolaris Use is subject to license terms. Oct 23 22:34:49 opensolaris unix: features:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: FloridaBSD
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help with ICH10R chipset and Unix installation

Yesterday we bought 2 PC's to replace really old PC's that are used for server and backup server. New PC's have ICH10R based mobos from ASUS (P5Q Deluxe), and I cannot install SCO 5.0.7, because installation breaks with msg: "error 19 mounting rootdev." Do you know where I could find ICH10R Unix... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: PNemesis
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris commands to retrieve chipset information

I need to know what are the commands in Solaris to retrieve the below information about the hardware platform. 1. Chipset information (information about various hardware controller cards on the mother boards, system BIOS versions, PCI firmware version etc..) 2. Serial number of the work... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajujayanthy
2 Replies
TWS(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    TWS(4)

NAME
tws -- 3ware 9750 SATA+SAS 6Gb/s RAID controller card driver SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following lines in your kernel configuration file: device scbus device tws Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): tws_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The tws driver provides support for LSI's 3ware 9750 SATA+SAS 6Gb/s RAID controller cards. These controllers feature the LSISAS2108 6Gb/s SAS RAID-on-Chip (ROC) and are available in 4- and 8-port configurations, supports RAID levels 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, 50 and single disk, with 96 SATA and/or SAS hard drives and SSDs. For further hardware information, see http://www.lsi.com/. HARDWARE
The tws driver supports the following SATA/SAS RAID controller: o LSI's 3ware SAS 9750 series LOADER TUNABLES
Tunables can be set at the loader(8) prompt before booting the kernel or stored in loader.conf(5). hw.tws.cam_depth The maximum queued CAM SIM requests for one controller. The default value is 256. hw.tws.enable_msi This tunable enables MSI support on the controller if set to a non-zero value. The default value is 0. hw.tws.queue_depth The maximum queued requests for one controller. hw.tws.use_32bit_sgls Limit the driver to use only 32-bit SG elements regardless whether the operating system is running in 64-bit mode. The default value is 0. FILES
/dev/da? array/logical disk interface /dev/tws? management interface DIAGNOSTICS
Whenever the driver encounters a command failure, it prints out an error code in the format: "ERROR: (<error source>: <error code>):", fol- lowed by a text description of the error. There are other error messages and warnings that the driver prints out, depending on the kinds of errors that it encounters. If the driver is compiled with TWS_DEBUG defined, it prints out a whole bunch of debug messages. SEE ALSO
da(4), scsi(4) AUTHORS
The tws driver was written by Manjunath Ranganathaiah for LSI and this manual page was written by Xin LI <delphij@FreeBSD.org> for iXsystems, Inc. BSD
October 4, 2011 BSD