Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Changing HostID---Urgent
Operating Systems Solaris Changing HostID---Urgent Post 302236430 by seg on Monday 15th of September 2008 01:26:55 PM
Old 09-15-2008
For older systems the Host ID is stored on a little plastic module attached to the system board. If you need to use the ID of a different system (of the same type) grab that part and move it to the new one.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

urgent help required on changing process priority using nice

Hi folks, Hope you can help me. I have a process that is currently running at nice 20 and need it to run faster (-10?). How do I change the process using nice? I have the process number and thought it would be along the lines of; nice -10 process_id but it doesn't seem to like that. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gshuttleworth
1 Replies

2. Solaris

How to change the HostID?--SunFire880

Hi, Guys I have to change the HostID for my SUNFire880 in lab. Can some body help me? and give the detail procedure? I don't think the command "mkp" can be used in SUNFire880 system. So please help!:cool: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: surainbow
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

如何更改hostid

Atmel offers a broad range of microcontrollers based on the 8051 architecture. The product line includes MCS-51® industry standard socket drop-in devices, In-System Programming capability, and small footprint 20-pin derivatives in ROMless, ROM, OTP & Flash flavors (see on-line selection table).... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 12345678
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing the Bash Scripts to Bourne Scripts:URGENT

Hi, I have to write a program to compute the checksums of files ./script.sh I wrote the program using bash and it took me forever since I am a beginner but it works very well. I'm getting so close to the deadline and I realised today that actually I have to use normal Bourne shell... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pgarg1989
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 10 - HOSTID changed ???

Hello everybody, please , I need an urgent help. I reinstalled our server Sun X4150. What was changed: our two disks were changed to raid1 and I installed a never version of Solaris 10 (previously the version from 12/2009 was used, now a version from 03/2010). what I'm surprised, the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: freeangel
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Change Solaris hostid

Hi, I've searched the UNIX forum looking for a simple procedure how to change\control my Solaris server hostid. I did found few threads but all of them either have broken links to all kinds of scripts or not described simply for some UNIX beginers user like me. Can anyone assist me? I... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: avisht
21 Replies

7. Solaris

How to find HostID?

Dear All, I am facing a simple problem . I have a x6270 server attached to a M6000 chasis. The server is fresh i:e O/S is not installed in it. Now the customer is asking for the HostID of that server. I have tried every possible way but i am not able to find the HostID .I went through the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhansu
4 Replies

8. Solaris

How to change hostid saved in rpool?

Hi, We have a Sun M5000. I am now trying to boot the second system domain by using the boot disk (a mirrored boot disk actually) of the first domain (if succeed then no OS installation is needed for the second domain). I got the following errors: SPARC Enterprise M5000 Server, using Domain... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
21 Replies

9. Red Hat

How can I change hostid?

There is no /etc/hostid file. I know that there is no relationship between with MAC address and hostid. There are a lot of scripts on the net but how can I exactly do in my case. :rolleyes: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: getrue
4 Replies

10. Red Hat

Change hostid to particullar string

Hello guys, currently I'm working on migration services from physical to virtual server (RHEL 6). One form applications is binded to hostid of old server. I put value of hostid from old server to the /etc/hostid on new server, but output of hostid command is giving nonsenses then. #... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: brusell
0 Replies
REVERSI(6)							   Games Manual 							REVERSI(6)

NAME
reversi - a game of dramatic reversals SYNOPSIS
/usr/games/reversi [ [ -r ] file ] DESCRIPTION
Reversi (also known as `friends', `Chinese friends' and `Othello') is played on an 8x8 board using two-sided tokens. Each player takes his turn by placing a token with his side up in an empty square. During the first four turns, players may only place tokens in the four cen- tral squares of the board. Subsequently, with each turn, a player must capture one or more of his opponent's tokens. He does this by placing one of his tokens such that it and another of his tokens embrace a solid line of his opponent's horizontally, vertically or diago- nally. Captured tokens are flipped over and thus can be re-captured. If a player cannot outflank his opponent he forfeits his turn. The play continues until the board is filled or until no more outflanking is possible. In this game, your tokens are asterisks and the machine's are at-signs. You move by typing in the row and column at which you want to place your token as two digits (1-8), optionally separated by blanks or tabs. You can also type c to continue the game after hitting break (this is only necessary if you interrupt the machine while it is deliberating). g n to start reversi playing against itself for the next n moves (or until the break key is hit). n to stop printing the board after each move. o to start it up again. p to print the board regardless. q to quit (without dishonor). s to print the score. Reversi also recognizes several commands which are valid only at the start of the game, before any moves have been made. They are f to let the machine go first. h n to ask for a handicap of from one to four corner squares. If you're good, you can give the machine a handicap by typing a negative number. l n to set the amount of lookahead used by the machine in searching for moves. Zero means none at all. Four is the default. Greater than six means you may fall asleep waiting for the machine to move. t n to tell reversi that you will only need n seconds to consider each move. If you fail to respond in the alloted time, you forfeit your turn. If reversi is given a file name as an argument, it will checkpoint the game, move by move, by dumping the board onto file. The -r option will cause reversi to restart the game from file and continue logging. REVERSI(6)