Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers List certain file in a folder and make list Post 302236419 by andrisetia on Monday 15th of September 2008 01:01:21 PM
Old 09-15-2008
List certain file in a folder and make list

Hi,

im having problem that frustate me today.

there are list of file in a folder that i want to grab

the folder /subject/items/

in this folder there are this file

CREATE_SUBxxxx.xml
UPDATE_SUBxxxx.xml
DELETE_SUBxxxx.xml
loginresponsexxxxx.xml
core

how can i grab all the file and export it to list.txt
which contain all file like
CREATE_SUBxxxx.xml
UPDATE_SUBxxxx.xml
DELETE_SUBxxxx.xml

because i dont want the core and loginresponse file.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

trying to list everything in a folder except . and ..

I want to list everything in a directory, including dotfiles (example .file1) except for the . and .. that are in every folder. I'm guessing it's some sort of regular expression I need. So far, I have come up with ls -a | grep That lists the .file1 file only (though I don't see why it should,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dkieran
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fastest way to list a file in a folder containing 800,000 files using wildcard

Hi, I have a directory with possibly around 800,000 files in it. What is the fastest way to list file(s) in this directory with a wildcard. for example would ls -1 *.abcdefg.Z or find . -name "*.abcdefg.Z" be the fastest way to find all of the files that end with .abcdefg.Z... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerardfjay
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Make a list in bash out of arguments

Hello, I have a very stupid/simple problem, but for some reason I cannot figure out...and I need your help! I am writting a bash scrip that should be executed using "my_script X Y Z T" where X Y Z and T can be any string, but there can be any number of arguments. I want my script to do... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jolecanard
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting a list @list by space delimiter so i can access it by using $list[0 ..1..2]

EDIT : This is for perl @data2 = grep(/$data/, @list_now); This gives me @data2 as Printing data2 11 testzone1 running /zones/testzone1 ***-*****-****-*****-***** native shared But I really cant access data2 by its individual elements. $data2 is the entire list, while $data,2,3...... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shriyer
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert perl qw list to text file list?

Does anyone have a good example? I am having trouble looping.. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrlayance
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Take a list if strings from a file and search them in a list of files and report them

I have a file 1.txt with the below contents. -----cat 1.txt----- 1234 5678 1256 1234 1247 ------------------- I have 3 more files in a folder -----ls -lrt------- A1.txt A2.txt A3.txt ------------------- The contents of those three files are similar format with different data values... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: realspirituals
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to copy all the contents of a list of files present in a folder to a particular file?

Hi All, I want to copy all the contents of a list of files in a folder to a particular file. i am using following command: cat dir/* >> newFile.txtIt's not working. Could you please help? Thanks, Pranav (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pranav Bhasker
3 Replies

8. HP-UX

List year for a Folder

Hi, I am trying to list the year for this folder but it does not show. See output: ==> ls -ltrde default drwxr-xr-x 2 bea /tmp 8192 Jul 10 22:56 default Any reasons ? Instead of showing year it shows 22:56. Why ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to list folder contents

I'm unable to list the contents of a directory once I move into it. I have full permissions on this directory (called "Scripts" in the below example). The scenario is shown below in detail: Command 'ls' works fine to begin with: 1: pmn@linuxhost /home/pmn > cd /opt/smt/proiv 2:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pmn
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to list todays file in perticular folder?

How to list todays file in perticular folder Moved thread to appropriate forum (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: pspriyanka
9 Replies
rmf(1)							      General Commands Manual							    rmf(1)

NAME
rmf - remove folder (only available within the message handling system, mh) SYNOPSIS
rmf [+folder] [-help] [-[no]interactive] OPTIONS
Prints a list of the valid options to this command. Asks for confirmation before deleting a folder. By default, rmf deletes a folder and its messages without asking for confirmation. If you specify the -interactive option, rmf asks if you are sure before deleting the folder. You are advised to use this option, since when rmf deletes a folder its contents are lost irretrievably. DESCRIPTION
The rmf command removes all of the messages within the current folder, and then removes the folder itself. If there are any files within the folder which are not part of MH, they are not removed, and an error message is displayed. You can specify a folder other than the current folder by using the +folder argument. If you do not specify a folder, and rmf cannot find the current folder,rmf asks you whether you want to delete +inbox instead. If the current folder is removed, it makes +inbox current. Note that the rmf command irreversibly deletes messages that do not have other links, so use it with caution. If the folder being removed is a sub-folder, the parent folder becomes the new current folder, and rmf tells you that this has happened. This provides an easy mechanism for selecting a set of messages, operating on the list, then removing the list and returning to the current folder from which the list was extracted. Using rmf to delete a read-only folder deletes the private sequence and current message information from the file, without affecting the folder itself. If you have sub-folders within a folder, you must delete all the sub-folders before you can delete the folder itself. PROFILE COMPONENTS
Path: To determine the user's Mail directory EXAMPLES
This example shows how rmf asks for confirmation when the -interactive option is used: % rmf -interactive +test Remove folder "test"? y FILES
The user profile. SEE ALSO
rmm(1) rmf(1)