Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Introducing a new project for AI lovers Post 302236262 by aidin_36 on Monday 15th of September 2008 07:05:50 AM
Old 09-15-2008
Introducing a new project for AI lovers

Hi guys,

I'm the maintainer of Imperfect world of Robots, and I'm here to introduce this project to any AI lover. This is a free (as in freedom) software and release under the terms of GNU General Public License.

Although it belongs to the programming game category, it's not only about game. It simulate a world which these little, sweetie robots can live in it.

There's a difference between IWOR and other common programming games: In must of the programming games designed so far, its not that much important that how intelligence robots are. Winning or losing a game is depended on what strategy a certain robot uses. If condition changes, it will fail to win. In this imperfect world, must intelligence robot will live longer than the others, born more children and make a bigger generation.

As it mentioned on the site, the greatest feature of this project is its ability to let the robots cloning. But current release have not this ability, it's still incomplete. You can obtain latest release from download page of the website. We release monthly, so check it regularly!

If you have any question, suggestion, or find any bug, feel free to mail me: aidin.vf at gmail dot com.

Thanks for your kind attention.

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Introducing Delay less then a second.

Hi, I have a doubt in introducing a delay in the programs. We know that we do have a sleep() function/api using which we can bring a delay in terms of seconds. A minimum delay can be atleast 1 second. Now I'm bothered about how to introduce a delay that is just less than a second. Like... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: S.Vishwanath
3 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Introducing myself... :D

Hey guys, I am Shelby! :-) I am 13 years old and i love Unix. When i was about 6 i was introduced to computers, because almost all of my family is comprised of artists, i used macs at a very early age. I generally sat on the computer until the time i was about 10 when i walked into a laptop store... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mesaynaysayer
2 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Introducing Myself.

Hello! I didn't see an Introduce Yourself/Meet and Greet board, so I think this might be the right place. I'm a student and a new coder. I run Ubuntu 11.10 currently, and I program in Python, and I'm learning a few languages alongside. Random pages: Twitter - @NihilusV, other links can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NihilusV
1 Replies
LWP::RobotUA(3) 					User Contributed Perl Documentation					   LWP::RobotUA(3)

NAME
LWP::RobotUA - A class for Web Robots SYNOPSIS
require LWP::RobotUA; $ua = new LWP::RobotUA 'my-robot/0.1', 'me@foo.com'; $ua->delay(10); # be very nice, go slowly ... # just use it just like a normal LWP::UserAgent $res = $ua->request($req); DESCRIPTION
This class implements a user agent that is suitable for robot applications. Robots should be nice to the servers they visit. They should consult the /robots.txt file to ensure that they are welcomed and they should not make requests too frequently. But, before you consider writing a robot take a look at <URL:http://info.webcrawler.com/mak/projects/robots/robots.html>. When you use a LWP::RobotUA as your user agent, then you do not really have to think about these things yourself. Just send requests as you do when you are using a normal LWP::UserAgent and this special agent will make sure you are nice. METHODS
The LWP::RobotUA is a sub-class of LWP::UserAgent and implements the same methods. In addition the following methods are provided: $ua = LWP::RobotUA->new($agent_name, $from, [$rules]) Your robot's name and the mail address of the human responsible for the robot (i.e. you) are required by the constructor. Optionally it allows you to specify the WWW::RobotRules object to use. $ua->delay([$minutes]) Set the minimum delay between requests to the same server. The default is 1 minute. $ua->use_sleep([$boolean]) Get/set a value indicating whether the UA should sleep() if requests arrive too fast (before $ua->delay minutes has passed). The default is TRUE. If this value is FALSE then an internal SERVICE_UNAVAILABLE response will be generated. It will have an Retry-After header that indicates when it is OK to send another request to this server. $ua->rules([$rules]) Set/get which WWW::RobotRules object to use. $ua->no_visits($netloc) Returns the number of documents fetched from this server host. Yes I know, this method should probably have been named num_visits() or something like that. :-( $ua->host_wait($netloc) Returns the number of seconds (from now) you must wait before you can make a new request to this host. $ua->as_string Returns a string that describes the state of the UA. Mainly useful for debugging. SEE ALSO
LWP::UserAgent, WWW::RobotRules COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1996-2000 Gisle Aas. This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. libwww-perl-5.65 2001-04-27 LWP::RobotUA(3)