Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: open source antivirus
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers open source antivirus Post 302236190 by mohammadmahdi on Monday 15th of September 2008 03:33:47 AM
Old 09-15-2008
IN THE NAME OF GOD
I want to run a mail server so i need to use an antiVirus for scanning the mails .
Our mail server is will be based on redhat.
Thanks alot

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

open source for the forum

This is a slick looking forum. Any chance on making the code for the forum open source? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ecupirate1998
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

what is the best open source antispam?

Hello what is the best open source antispam? Thanks http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/images/smilies/icon_smile.gif (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohammadmahdi
1 Replies

3. Cybersecurity

is open source more secure ?

Hi Guys, I'd like to know your opinion. A friend of mine claims, an open source OS like linux is more secure than a closed one like AIX because 'if he is hacked, he can do countermeasures'. I believe the opposite is the case - it's more secure if not everybody knows the kernel and is able to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: zxmaus
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Open Source

Hi Friends I'm new to this UNIX - I'm working on the porting project from Solaris To Linux i just want to map some commands from solaris to Linux so can any one please tell me how to get the source code of the commands like "ls", "cu", "du" Regards sabee (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sabee.prakash
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Open source project

Hi Guys, This might not be the right place to ask but I want to contribute to some open source project. Can anyone please help me to how to start and where to start? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tapan singh
3 Replies

6. Fedora

Is UNIX an open source OS ?

Hi everyone, I know the following questions are noobish questions but I am asking them because I am confused about the basics of history behind UNIX and LINUX. Ok onto business, my questions are-: Was/Is UNIX ever an open source operating system ? If UNIX was... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreyan32
21 Replies
HOBBIT-MAILACK(8)					      System Manager's Manual						 HOBBIT-MAILACK(8)

NAME
hobbit-mailack - permit acknowledging alerts via e-mail SYNOPSIS
hobbit-mailack --env=FILENAME [--debug] DESCRIPTION
hobbit-mailack normally runs as an input mail-filter for the hobbit user, e.g. by being called from the xymon users' procmailrc(5) file. hobbit-mailack recognizes e-mails that are replies to hobbitd_alert(8) mail alerts, and converts the reply mail into an acknowledge message that is sent to the Xymon system. This permits an administrator to acknowledge an alert via e-mail. ADDING INFORMATION TO THE REPLY MAIL
By default, an acknowledgment is valid for 1 hour. If you know in advance that solving the problem is going to take longer, you can change this by adding delay=DURATION to the subject of your mail reply or on a line in the reply message. Duration is in minutes, unless you add a trailing 'h' (for 'hours'), 'd' (for 'days') or 'w' (for 'weeks'). You can also include a message that will show up on the status-page together with the acknowledgment, e.g. to provide an explanation for the issue or some other information to the users. You can either put it at the end of the subject line as msg=Some random text, or you can just enter it in the e-mail as the first non-blank line of text in the mail (a "delay=N" line is ignored when looking for the message text). USE WITH PROCMAIL
To setup hobbit-mailack, create a .procmailrc file in the xymon-users home-directory with the following contents: DEFAULT=$HOME/Mailbox LOGFILE=$HOME/procmail.log :0 | $HOME/server/bin/hobbit-mailack --env=$HOME/server/etc/hobbitserver.cfg USE WITH QMAIL
If you are using Qmail to deliver mail locally, you can run hobbit-mailack directly from a .qmail file. Setup the xymon-users .qmail file like this: | $HOME/server/bin/hobbit-mailack --env=$HOME/server/etc/hobbitserver.cfg OPTIONS
--env=FILENAME Load environment from FILENAME, usually hobbitserver.cfg. --debug Dont send a message to hobbitd, but dump the message to stdout. SEE ALSO
hobbitd_alert(8), hobbitd(8), xymon(7) Xymon Version 4.2.3: 4 Feb 2009 HOBBIT-MAILACK(8)