Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: shell scripting
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting shell scripting Post 302236188 by subhendu81 on Monday 15th of September 2008 03:25:09 AM
Old 09-15-2008
it is not working for sample1.gz as it contains more than one record in that file.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

difference between AIX shell scripting and Unix shell scripting.

please give the difference between AIX shell scripting and Unix shell scripting. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: haroonec
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call Shell scripting from Perl Scripting.

Hi How to call a shell scripting through a Perl scripting? Actually I need some value from Shell scripting and passes in the Perl scripting. So how can i do this? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anupdas
2 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Shell scripting vs Perl scripting

Hi all, I would like to start developping some good scripting skills. Do you think it would be best to start with shell scripting or Perl? I already got a fundation, really basics, in perl. but I am wondering what would be best to be good at first. Can you please help me determine which one to... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
14 Replies

4. Android

Android Scripting Environment: Shell Scripting and Android

I just upgraded to Android 2.2 from 2.1. The GPS issue that was troublesome in 2.1 seems to have been fixed. Some of web browsing seems faster, but it could just be my connection is better today ;) Flash works in some browsers but not very good and it is too slow for Flash apps designed for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Shell Scripting vs Perl scripting

Gents, I have been working in a Solaris/Unix environment for about 9 months. I took some linux classses online before getting the job. But, I am not very good at scripting. I want to learn how to script. Do you think that I should start with Shell scripting or Perl? I wanted to continue with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
2 Replies

6. Web Development

Perl scripting or shell scripting?

i am going to study any one of the scripting languages mentioned above(shell 0r perl scripting) . Which is having more scope for a fresher? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anna Hussie
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell Scripting

Hey I have a data in the file named as outputFile.txt. The data is in the format 123456,12345678912345,400,09/09/09,INACTIVE. I want this output without commas ie 12345612345678912345400090909INACTIVE. Please tell me what to do and clear explain all the terms, as I am new to it. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sampandey31
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scripting

Hi, if in a network there are lots of PCs connected with either windows or linux as operating system.Then what will be the shell script for the same and also if the PC has linux in it then we have to find if it is occupied or unoccupied. If the PC has windows in it then we have to find if it is... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: akansha singh
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

help me in Shell Scripting

Hi there please have a look at the code..i want to create Using a named pipe. Run a find in the background starting in the working directory While this is happening wait for input from the user to ask him which file to find. If the user does not enter any data in 10 seconds ask the user again.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kattak1511
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script to read lines in a text file and filter user data Shell Programming and Scripting

sxsaaas (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: VikrantD
3 Replies
CAP_COPY_EXT(3) 					     Linux Programmer's Manual						   CAP_COPY_EXT(3)

NAME
cap_copy_ext, cap_size, cap_copy_int - capability state external representation translation SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/capability.h> ssize_t cap_size(cap_t cap_p); ssize_t cap_copy_ext(void *ext_p, cap_t cap_p, ssize_t size); cap_t cap_copy_int(const void *ext_p); USAGE
cc ... -lcap DESCRIPTION
These functions translate a capability state from an internal representation into an external one. The external representation is an exportable, contiguous, persistent representation of a capability state in user-managed space. The internal representation is managed by the capability functions in working storage. cap_size returns the total length (in bytes) that the capability state in working storage identified by cap_p would require when converted by cap_copy_ext. This function is used primarily to determine the amount of buffer space that must be provided to the cap_copy_ext func- tion in order to hold the capability data record created from cap_p. cap_copy_ext copies a capability state in working storage, identified by cap_p, from system managed space to user-managed space (pointed to by ext_p) and returns the length of the resulting data record. The size parameter represents the maximum size, in bytes, of the resulting data record. The cap_copy_ext function will do any conversions necessary to convert the capability state from the undefined internal for- mat to an exportable, contiguous, persistent data record. It is the responsibility of the user to allocate a buffer large enough to hold the copied data. The buffer length required to hold the copied data may be obtained by a call to the cap_size function. cap_copy_int copies a capability state from a capability data record in user-managed space to a new capability state in working storage, allocating any memory necessary, and returning a pointer to the newly created capability state. The function initializes the capability state and then copies the capability state from the record painted to by ext_p into the capability state, converting, if necessary, the data from a contiguous, persistent format to an undefined, internal format. Once copied into internal format, the object can be manipu- lated by the capability state manipulation functions. Note that the record pointed to by ext_p must have been obtained from a previous, successful call to cap_copy_ext for this function to work successfully. The caller should free any releasable memory, when the capability state in working storage is no longer required, by calling cap_free with the cap_t as an argument. RETURN VALUE
cap_size returns the length required to hold a capability data record on success, and -1 on failure. cap_copy_ext returns the number of bytes placed in the user managed space pointed to by ext_p on success, and -1 on failure. cap_copy_int returns a pointer to the newly created capability state in working storage on success, and NULL on failure. On failure, errno(3) is set to EINVAL, ENOMEM, or ERANGE. CONFORMING TO
These functions are specified by POSIX.1e. SEE ALSO
cap_clear(3), cap_from_text(3), cap_get_file(3), cap_get_proc(3), cap_init(3) 26th May 1997 CAP_COPY_EXT(3)