Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Keeping old Private Messages
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators Keeping old Private Messages Post 302236158 by Neo on Monday 15th of September 2008 01:47:28 AM
Old 09-15-2008
Yes, we can increase the limit.

However, most people routinely clear out their PMs, so the limit has never been an issue.

Any reason to store so much old PMs?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Keeping the format ...

Hi all, Am trying to execute a loop but having some troubles... Files that will be query'd use the Julian date (eg: cpu032, cpu365) in their naming convention. I'm a little lost how to maintain the three character format of the numeric portion of the file name while cycling backwards(or... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cameron
13 Replies

2. IP Networking

private network to private network gateway

i have one private network with one ip address, and i have a seperate network on a seperate ip address. now, each network is behind a firewall/router. now what i want to do is be able to access one server on the second network from a computer on the first., but with the private ip address, (this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: norsk hedensk
2 Replies

3. Solaris

keeping a process alive ?

Hello guys, I have one script running that I need to keep it running 24x7 so I'd like to know how can I implement a sort of monitoring process I mean if for some reason this process dies somehow it gets automatically started again. Thanks. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cerioni
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Keeping last part

Hello, Sorry for the poor tilte but I still don't know how to this. Here is my problem. I have to huge log file. In this log file I can know where is stored all my files. As I have to get a reporting of of files I only need to keep the file name but I don't know how to do it. I hope you... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aswex
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace date value with another value keeping all as is

Hi forum. How do I change the following date value with another value (while keeping the rest of the line) using sed? The date values can change so I need a general sed command to change the date value within the first quotation marks only. Date values will be coming from 2 different files.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchang
2 Replies

6. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Private messages

Hi, As i am recieving private messages, i am unable to reply to them. Could you please enable my private messages. Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amulya
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replace some strings keeping others

I want to replace strings in test2 according to test1 table. In doing so, I`m losing records that I dont need to replace, please suggest modifications. what i have $ cat > test1 a b c d   $ cat > test2 a a a d d   what i tried $ awk ' BEGIN {FS=OFS=" "} FNR==NR{a=$2;next}... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: senhia83
2 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Private Messages.

Well I have just noticed over the years that I have PMs that I have not seen or even known about. Apologies if any of you have not had any replies to your PMs. It is too late now as some go back to my early days on here. The notification that comes up currently has notified me of a couple... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
10 Replies
ulimit(2)							System Calls Manual							 ulimit(2)

NAME
ulimit() - get and set user limits SYNOPSIS
Remarks The ANSI C "" construct denotes a variable length argument list whose optional [or required] members are given in the associated comment DESCRIPTION
provides for control over process limits. Available values for cmd are: Get the file size limit of the process. The limit is in units of 512-byte blocks and is inherited by child processes. Files of any size can be read. The optional second argument is not used. Set the file size limit of the process to the value of the optional second argument which is taken as a long. Any process can decrease this limit, but only a process with the privilege can increase the limit. Note that the limit must be specified in units of 512-byte blocks. Get the maximum possible break value (see brk(2)). Depending on system resources such as swap space, this maximum might not be attainable at a given time. The optional second argument is not used. Security Restrictions Some or all of the actions associated with this system call require the privilege. Processes owned by the superuser have this privilege. Processes owned by other users may have this privilege, depending on system configuration. See privileges(5) for more information about privileged access on systems that support fine-grained privileges. RETURN VALUE
Upon successful completion, a non-negative value is returned. Errors return a -1, with set to indicate the error. ERRORS
fails if one or more of the following conditions is true. cmd is not in the correct range. fails and the limit is unchanged if a process without the privilege attempts to increase its file size limit. SEE ALSO
brk(2), write(2), privileges(5). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
ulimit(2)