Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: startup scripts (rc3.d)
Operating Systems Linux startup scripts (rc3.d) Post 302236140 by Annihilannic on Sunday 14th of September 2008 09:54:07 PM
Old 09-14-2008
That's not a problem, the numbers aren't exclusive. It just means that those services will be started at the same time... if you need that service to be started before tomcat, you'll need to change it to 98 or earlier.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh in rc3.d startup script

Hi there , Can someone tell me whether ksh is available in rc3.d,ie will it work if i add an korn shell script in rc3.d when the system starts up ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JayNick
1 Replies

2. AIX

Startup/Shutdown scripts

I understand that by putting in entries into the /etc/inittab file. We can actually call the our scripts during startup. mkitab "start_server:2:once:sh /scripts/startserver.sh" Would the system wait for startserver.sh finish executing before it goes to another entry? and how long would it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vincente
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

startup scripts, how do they work in UNIX?

I need to make a script to start the postfix service on a server when the machine starts up. I have a script written below, which I think will work, but I am confused on how the rc2.d & rc3.d etc directories actually work. If I enter the script below, and stick it in the rc3.d directory,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to solve screwing startup scripts

Hello! unix os is OSF1 CP1 V4.0 878 alpha.It startup os normally.But when i use a command to run application, it restart within 10 sec.I have no spare harddisk& application to reinstall.When i asked this problem at this forum, it replys that start up scripts are screwed and to mount each... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: akzin
12 Replies

5. Solaris

how to recreate scripts under /etc/rc3.d folder

Hi All, We have the JMS Queue startup script S52imq and some other scripts in our solaris server 5.8 version. now unknowingly something happend to those scripts and its lost. How can I recreate those scripts again to start the JMQ queue again? We have Solaris 5.10 version which is having... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nsurendiran
3 Replies

6. HP-UX

Startup scripts

Hi all We have HP UX 11.23 installed on 4 RISC servers (2 oracle databases, 2 Oracle App Servers) , we are in a construction period , so the power failure may happen more than once a day. I need to learn how to create an automatic startup services as in Windows, if we know that the services... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kafaween
5 Replies

7. AIX

Startup rc scripts log

Hi, I am trying to start services on system reboot on AIX. Have put the S* links under rd2.d & K* links under other rc*.d At the moment, all scripts are getting called. However, the services aren't coming up. Where can i find the logs for these to check what failed. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhor_agarwali
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Startup/Kill Scripts

Hello, I have to perform an audit of a system at work and I am looking at its /etc/rc3.d: K01tog-pegasus K74nscd S08iptables S50openemm K01yum K74ntpd S09isdn S55cups K02NetworkManager K85mdmpd S09pcmcia S55sshd K03rhnsd ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

xsession startup scripts

Can someone please tell me how to run xsession startup scripts whenever I start or after I restart my X session? I'm not trying to do anything fancy I just want this to run. This makes life a lot easier when I use a dual monitor. xrandr --output VGA1 --mode 1024x768 --rate 60 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
7 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris 10 startup scripts

Hi all, I have a server in maintenance mode and need to boot it up. Its due to a broken service "RepX". I need to stop the service from trying to start at boot up but i can't find where it is booting up from... it is not in any of the rcX.d directories and the two locations i have found it... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tommyk
6 Replies
started(7)						 Miscellaneous Information Manual						started(7)

NAME
started - event signalling that a job is running SYNOPSIS
started JOB=JOB INSTANCE=INSTANCE [ENV]... DESCRIPTION
The started event is generated by the Upstart init(8) daemon when an instance of a job has finished starting and is now running. The JOB environment variable contains the job name, and the INSTANCE environment variable contains the instance name which will be empty for sin- gle-instance jobs. init(8) emits this event as an informational signal, services and tasks started or stopped by this event will do so in parallel with other activity. It is typically combined with the stopping(7) event by services declaring a dependency. Job configuration files may use the export stanza to export environment variables from their own environment into the started event. See init(5) for more details. EXAMPLE
A service that wishes to depend on another service might use: start on started apache stop on stopping apache A task that must be run after another task or service has been started might use: start on started postgresql SEE ALSO
starting(7) stopping(7) stopped(7) init(5) Upstart 2009-07-09 started(7)