Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Replace Entire line if any part matches regexp Post 302236072 by Cocoabean on Sunday 14th of September 2008 03:02:48 PM
Old 09-14-2008
You could be right, I was not able to hit enter in a cell to create a newline character. I am not yet sure if excel will take the address broken up by City State Zip etc. Thanks for your help though Franklin. I'll follow up on this when I find a solution... err maybe another feasible problem.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Search and replace entire line

I have a perl function in my script that needs to replace an entire line in a file sub changestate { my $base = (); my @base = (); open(BASE, $file) || die("Could not open file!"); @base=<BASE>; close (BASE); foreach $base(@base) { if($base =~... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: insania
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sort entire line based on part of the string

hey gurus, my-build1-abc my-build10-abc my-build2-abc my-build22-abc my-build3-abc basically i want to numerically sort the entire lines based on the build number. I dont zero pad the numbers because thats "how it is" ;-) sort -n won't work because it starts from the beginning. ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: gurpal2000
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Does Sed Search/Replace Work For Multiple Matches On The Same Line?

Hello, I would like to delete all the footnotes in all my htm files. Hence, I have to delete the whole font tag pairs, i.e. deleting everything between the begin/end font tags. I create a testfile, of which data parts of all four lines are the same except for the number of font tag pairs,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cibalo
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

command to replace the entire line from the key point

Hi everyone I am new to Unix. I got stuck up by small issue. I have text file something like this abc 'xyz' '5' lmn 'pqr' '7' i want to replace the abc 'xyz' '5' to abc 'xyz' '6' but i have a key as 'xyz' based on this key i want to do that. I am not aware of how to use sed... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vijayaragavan
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace entire line

I want to replace one line from my configuration file with the new settings. The file Name: /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf The following line should be replaced with the line mentioned below. LogFormat "%h %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %b \"%{Referer}i\" \"%{User-Agent}i\"" combined LogFormat "\"%h\"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shantanuo
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to find a string, check the next line, and if it matches certain criteria, replace it with a s

Hey Fellas. I am new to scripting. I have searched through the forums and found a lot of good info, but I can't seem to get any of it to work together. I am trying to find a particular sting in a file, and if the next string matches certain criteria, replace it with a string from a csv... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: midniteslice
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with sed to replace entire line

Hi, I need to replace an entire mailx line as follows using sed: sed -e 's/<line1>/<newline>/g' <filename> But I am getting comman garbled error since the new line has many special characters. I enclosed allspecial chars in \ but still no use. Can any one help me? Please use code... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinodhin4
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print entire line only if certain fixed character matches the string

Hi All, I have a file testarun.txt contains the below lines and i want to print the lines if the character positions 7-8 matches 01. 201401011111 201401022222 201402013333 201402024444 201403015555 201403026666 201404017777 201404028888 201405019999 201405020000 I am trying the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arunprasad
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove entire line from a file if 1st column matches a pattern

I have one requirement to delete all lines from a file if it matches below scenario. File contains three column. Employee Number, Employee Name and Employee ID Scenario is: delete all line if Employee Number (1st column) contains below 1. Non-numeric Employee Number 2. Employee Number that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anshu ranjan
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Replace matches string in each line with the arrayvalue in shell

I have a list of value , and need to replace that in my file. Eg: File1 tcname:fail tcname: Pass tcname:skipped File2: 01,02,03 Output: File 1 01:fail 02: Pass 03:Skipped (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: DevAakash
8 Replies
MAXDB_STMT_DATA_SEEK(3) 						 1						   MAXDB_STMT_DATA_SEEK(3)

maxdb_stmt_data_seek - Seeks to an arbitray row in statement result set

Procedural style

SYNOPSIS
bool maxdb_stmt_data_seek (resource $statement, int $offset) DESCRIPTION
Object oriented style bool maxdb_stmt::data_seek (int $offset) The maxdb_stmt_data_seek(3) function seeks to an arbitrary result pointer specified by the $offset in the statement result set represented by $statement. The $offset parameter must be between zero and the total number of rows minus one (0..maxdb_stmt_num_rows(3) - 1). RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Object oriented style <?php /* Open a connection */ $maxdb = new maxdb("localhost", "MONA", "RED", "DEMODB"); /* check connection */ if (maxdb_connect_errno()) { printf("Connect failed: %s ", maxdb_connect_error()); exit(); } $query = "SELECT name, zip FROM hotel.city ORDER BY name"; if ($stmt = $maxdb->prepare($query)) { /* execute query */ $stmt->execute(); /* bind result variables */ $stmt->bind_result($name, $code); /* store result */ $stmt->store_result(); /* seek to row no. 5 */ $stmt->data_seek(5); /* fetch values */ $stmt->fetch(); printf ("City: %s Zip: %s ", $name, $code); /* close statement */ $stmt->close(); } /* close connection */ $maxdb->close(); ?> Example #2 Procedural style <?php /* Open a connection */ $link = maxdb_connect("localhost", "MONA", "RED", "DEMODB"); /* check connection */ if (maxdb_connect_errno()) { printf("Connect failed: %s ", maxdb_connect_error()); exit(); } $query = "SELECT name, zip FROM hotel.city ORDER BY name"; if ($stmt = maxdb_prepare($link, $query)) { /* execute query */ maxdb_stmt_execute($stmt); /* bind result variables */ maxdb_stmt_bind_result($stmt, $name, $code); /* store result */ maxdb_stmt_store_result($stmt); /* seek to row no. 5 */ maxdb_stmt_data_seek($stmt, 5); /* fetch values */ maxdb_stmt_fetch($stmt); printf ("City: %s Zip: %s ", $name, $code); /* close statement */ maxdb_stmt_close($stmt); } /* close connection */ maxdb_close($link); ?> The above example will output something similar to: City: Dallas Zip: 75243 SEE ALSO
maxdb_prepare(3). PHP Documentation Group MAXDB_STMT_DATA_SEEK(3)