Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Replace Entire line if any part matches regexp Post 302236071 by Franklin52 on Sunday 14th of September 2008 03:00:03 PM
Old 09-14-2008
IMHO it's not possible to have several lines in one cell in excel or have I missed something?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Search and replace entire line

I have a perl function in my script that needs to replace an entire line in a file sub changestate { my $base = (); my @base = (); open(BASE, $file) || die("Could not open file!"); @base=<BASE>; close (BASE); foreach $base(@base) { if($base =~... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: insania
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sort entire line based on part of the string

hey gurus, my-build1-abc my-build10-abc my-build2-abc my-build22-abc my-build3-abc basically i want to numerically sort the entire lines based on the build number. I dont zero pad the numbers because thats "how it is" ;-) sort -n won't work because it starts from the beginning. ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: gurpal2000
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Does Sed Search/Replace Work For Multiple Matches On The Same Line?

Hello, I would like to delete all the footnotes in all my htm files. Hence, I have to delete the whole font tag pairs, i.e. deleting everything between the begin/end font tags. I create a testfile, of which data parts of all four lines are the same except for the number of font tag pairs,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cibalo
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

command to replace the entire line from the key point

Hi everyone I am new to Unix. I got stuck up by small issue. I have text file something like this abc 'xyz' '5' lmn 'pqr' '7' i want to replace the abc 'xyz' '5' to abc 'xyz' '6' but i have a key as 'xyz' based on this key i want to do that. I am not aware of how to use sed... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vijayaragavan
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace entire line

I want to replace one line from my configuration file with the new settings. The file Name: /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf The following line should be replaced with the line mentioned below. LogFormat "%h %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %b \"%{Referer}i\" \"%{User-Agent}i\"" combined LogFormat "\"%h\"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shantanuo
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to find a string, check the next line, and if it matches certain criteria, replace it with a s

Hey Fellas. I am new to scripting. I have searched through the forums and found a lot of good info, but I can't seem to get any of it to work together. I am trying to find a particular sting in a file, and if the next string matches certain criteria, replace it with a string from a csv... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: midniteslice
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with sed to replace entire line

Hi, I need to replace an entire mailx line as follows using sed: sed -e 's/<line1>/<newline>/g' <filename> But I am getting comman garbled error since the new line has many special characters. I enclosed allspecial chars in \ but still no use. Can any one help me? Please use code... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinodhin4
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print entire line only if certain fixed character matches the string

Hi All, I have a file testarun.txt contains the below lines and i want to print the lines if the character positions 7-8 matches 01. 201401011111 201401022222 201402013333 201402024444 201403015555 201403026666 201404017777 201404028888 201405019999 201405020000 I am trying the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arunprasad
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove entire line from a file if 1st column matches a pattern

I have one requirement to delete all lines from a file if it matches below scenario. File contains three column. Employee Number, Employee Name and Employee ID Scenario is: delete all line if Employee Number (1st column) contains below 1. Non-numeric Employee Number 2. Employee Number that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anshu ranjan
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Replace matches string in each line with the arrayvalue in shell

I have a list of value , and need to replace that in my file. Eg: File1 tcname:fail tcname: Pass tcname:skipped File2: 01,02,03 Output: File 1 01:fail 02: Pass 03:Skipped (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: DevAakash
8 Replies
GRCAT(1)						      General Commands Manual							  GRCAT(1)

NAME
grcat - read from standard input, colourise it and write to standard output SYNOPSIS
grcat configuration DESCRIPTION
configuration is a name of a configuration file. Directories ~/.grc/, /usr/local/share/grc/, /usr/share/grc/ are searched for the file (in this order). If the file is not found, it is assumed to be an absolute path of a configuration file located elsewhere. Configuration file consists of entries, one per regexp, entries are separated with lines with first character non-alphanumeric (except #). Lines beginning with # or empty lines are ignored. Each entry consists of several lines. Each line has form: keyword=value where keyword is one of: regexp, colours, command, skip, count. Only regexp is mandatory, but it does not have much sense by itself unless you specify at least a colour or command keyword as well. regexp is the regular expression to match colours is the list of colours, separated by commas (you can specify only one colour), each colour per one regexp group specified in reg- exp. command is command to be executed when regexp matches. Its output will be mixed with normal stdout, use redirectors ( >/dev/null) if you want to supress it. skip can be either yes, or no, if yes, the matched line will be skipped and not displayed in output. Default is no. count is one of words: once, more, or stop. once means that if the regexp is matched, its first occurrence is coloured and the program will continue with other regexp's. more means that if there are multiple matches of the regexp in one line, all of them will be coloured. stop means that the regexp will be coloured and program will move to the next line (i.e. ignoring other regexp's) Regular expressions are evaluated from top to bottom, this allows nested and overlapped expressions. (e.g. you colour everything inside parentheses with one colour, and if a following expression matches the text inside parentheses, it will be also coloured) OPTIONS
None so far. SEE ALSO
grc(1) AUTHOR
Written by Radovan Garabik <garabik @ kassiopeia.juls.savba.sk> GRCAT(1)