Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: open source antivirus
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers open source antivirus Post 302236039 by jim mcnamara on Sunday 14th of September 2008 09:55:25 AM
Old 09-14-2008
There is NOT always a best <fill in the blank> - There is usually one that best fits your particular needs, not necessarily mine.

clamav is used by a large number of systems, it fits their needs, you may want to look at it too-
Clam AntiVirus

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

open source for the forum

This is a slick looking forum. Any chance on making the code for the forum open source? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ecupirate1998
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

what is the best open source antispam?

Hello what is the best open source antispam? Thanks http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/images/smilies/icon_smile.gif (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohammadmahdi
1 Replies

3. Cybersecurity

is open source more secure ?

Hi Guys, I'd like to know your opinion. A friend of mine claims, an open source OS like linux is more secure than a closed one like AIX because 'if he is hacked, he can do countermeasures'. I believe the opposite is the case - it's more secure if not everybody knows the kernel and is able to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: zxmaus
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Open Source

Hi Friends I'm new to this UNIX - I'm working on the porting project from Solaris To Linux i just want to map some commands from solaris to Linux so can any one please tell me how to get the source code of the commands like "ls", "cu", "du" Regards sabee (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sabee.prakash
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Open source project

Hi Guys, This might not be the right place to ask but I want to contribute to some open source project. Can anyone please help me to how to start and where to start? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tapan singh
3 Replies

6. Fedora

Is UNIX an open source OS ?

Hi everyone, I know the following questions are noobish questions but I am asking them because I am confused about the basics of history behind UNIX and LINUX. Ok onto business, my questions are-: Was/Is UNIX ever an open source operating system ? If UNIX was... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreyan32
21 Replies
CGI::FormBuilder::Source(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			     CGI::FormBuilder::Source(3pm)

NAME
CGI::FormBuilder::Source - Source adapters for FormBuilder SYNOPSIS
# Define a source adapter package CGI::FormBuilder::Source::Whatever; sub new { my $self = shift; my $class = ref($self) || $self; my %opt = @_; return bless \%opt, $class; } sub parse { my $self = shift; my $file = shift || $self->{source}; # open the file and parse it, or whatever my %formopt; open(F, "<$file") || die "Can't read $file: $!"; while (<F>) { # ... do stuff to the line ... $formopt{$fb_option} = $fb_value; } # return hash of $form options return wantarray ? %formopt : \%formopt; } DESCRIPTION
This documentation describes the usage of FormBuilder sources, as well as how to write your own source adapter. An external source is invoked by using the "source" option to the top-level "new()" method: my $form = CGI::FormBuilder->new( source => 'source_file.conf' ); This example points to a filename that contains a file following the "CGI::FormBuilder::Source::File" layout. Like with the "template" option, you can also specify "source" as a reference to a hash, allowing you to use other source adapters: my $form = CGI::FormBuilder->new( fields => @fields, source => { type => 'File', source => '/path/to/source.conf', } ); The "type" option specifies the name of the source adapter. Currently accepted types are: File - CGI::FormBuilder::Source::File In addition to one of these types, you can also specify a complete package name, in which case that module will be autoloaded and its "new()" and "parse()" routines used. For example: my $form = CGI::FormBuilder->new( fields => @fields, source => { type => 'My::Source::Module', somefile => '/path/to/source.conf', } ); All other options besides "type" are passed to the constructor for that source module verbatim, so it's up to you and/or the source module on how these additional options should be handled. SEE ALSO
CGI::FormBuilder, CGI::FormBuilder::Source::File, REVISION
$Id: Source.pm 100 2007-03-02 18:13:13Z nwiger $ AUTHOR
Copyright (c) Nate Wiger <http://nateware.com>. All Rights Reserved. This module is free software; you may copy this under the terms of the GNU General Public License, or the Artistic License, copies of which should have accompanied your Perl kit. perl v5.14.2 2011-09-16 CGI::FormBuilder::Source(3pm)