Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: open source antivirus
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers open source antivirus Post 302236039 by jim mcnamara on Sunday 14th of September 2008 09:55:25 AM
Old 09-14-2008
There is NOT always a best <fill in the blank> - There is usually one that best fits your particular needs, not necessarily mine.

clamav is used by a large number of systems, it fits their needs, you may want to look at it too-
Clam AntiVirus

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

open source for the forum

This is a slick looking forum. Any chance on making the code for the forum open source? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ecupirate1998
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

what is the best open source antispam?

Hello what is the best open source antispam? Thanks http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/images/smilies/icon_smile.gif (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohammadmahdi
1 Replies

3. Cybersecurity

is open source more secure ?

Hi Guys, I'd like to know your opinion. A friend of mine claims, an open source OS like linux is more secure than a closed one like AIX because 'if he is hacked, he can do countermeasures'. I believe the opposite is the case - it's more secure if not everybody knows the kernel and is able to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: zxmaus
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Open Source

Hi Friends I'm new to this UNIX - I'm working on the porting project from Solaris To Linux i just want to map some commands from solaris to Linux so can any one please tell me how to get the source code of the commands like "ls", "cu", "du" Regards sabee (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sabee.prakash
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Open source project

Hi Guys, This might not be the right place to ask but I want to contribute to some open source project. Can anyone please help me to how to start and where to start? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tapan singh
3 Replies

6. Fedora

Is UNIX an open source OS ?

Hi everyone, I know the following questions are noobish questions but I am asking them because I am confused about the basics of history behind UNIX and LINUX. Ok onto business, my questions are-: Was/Is UNIX ever an open source operating system ? If UNIX was... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreyan32
21 Replies
Clamd client(1) 						  Clam AntiVirus						   Clamd client(1)

NAME
clamdscan - scan files and directories for viruses using Clam AntiVirus Daemon SYNOPSIS
clamdscan [options] [file/directory] DESCRIPTION
clamdscan is a clamd client which may be used as a clamscan replacement. It accepts all the options implemented in clamscan but most of them will be ignored because its scanning abilities only depend on clamd. OPTIONS
-h, --help Display help information and exit. -V, --version Print version number and exit. -v, --verbose Be verbose. --quiet Be quiet - only output error messages. --stdout Write all messages (except for libclamav output) to the standard output (stdout). --config-file=FILE Read clamd settings from FILE. -l FILE, --log=FILE Save the scan report to FILE. -f FILE, --file-list=FILE Scan files listed line by line in FILE. -m, --multiscan In the multiscan mode clamd will attempt to scan the directory contents in parallel using available threads. This option is espe- cially useful on multiprocessor and multi-core systems. If you pass more than one file or directory in the command line, they are put in a queue and sent to clamd individually. This means, that single files are always scanned by a single thread. Similarly, clamdscan will wait for clamd to finish a directory scan (performed in multiscan mode) before sending request to scan another direc- tory. This option can be combined with --fdpass (see below). -z, --allmatch After a match, continue scanning within the file for additional matches. --remove Remove infected files. Be careful. --move=DIRECTORY Move infected files into DIRECTORY. --no-summary Do not display summary at the end of scanning. --reload Request clamd to reload virus database. --fdpass Pass the file descriptor permissions to clamd. This is useful if clamd is running as a different user as it is faster than streaming the file to clamd. Only available if connected to clamd via local(unix) socket. --stream Forces file streaming to clamd. This is generally not needed as clamdscan detects automatically if streaming is required. This option only exists for debugging and testing purposes, in all other cases --fdpass is preferred. EXAMPLES
(0) To scan a one file: clamdscan file (1) To scan a current working directory: clamdscan (2) To scan all files in /home: clamdscan /home (3) To scan a file when clamd is running as a different user: clamdscan --fdpass ~/downloads (4) To scan from standard input: clamdscan - < file_to_scan cat file_to_scan | clamdscan - RETURN CODES
0 : No virus found. 1 : Virus(es) found. 2 : An error occured. CREDITS
Please check the full documentation for credits. AUTHOR
Tomasz Kojm <tkojm@clamav.net> SEE ALSO
clamd(8), clamd.conf(5), clamscan(1) ClamAV 0.98.4 February 12, 2009 Clamd client(1)