Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Script Idea's / Help
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script Idea's / Help Post 302235774 by syadnom on Friday 12th of September 2008 08:55:23 PM
Old 09-12-2008
solved?

Did you ever solve this?

if not, what kind of files are in the directory? are they all the same type and format? do the fields you want have a common formating or labeling?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Limitations of awk? Good idea? Bad idea?

Keeping in mind that I'm relatively comfortable with programming in general but very new to unix and korn/bourne shell scripts.. I'm using awk on a CSV file, and then performing calculations and operations on specific fields within specific records. The CSV file I'm working with has about 600... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yongho
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

idea for script - cheking passwords

Hi All, I am looking for scripts where i need check normal user password and root password for more 100 servers from single server...! let me explin it what exacltly i need...! i need to do password audit for more than 600 boxes... :o for one normal user and root password also...... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bullz26
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

An curious idea, how to make it by the powerful script?

I use a simple script to do some quantum calculations with gaussian package. the script as follows #!/bin/sh #put a gaussian input file into a new folder in the same name #and submit this new job for i in *.gjf do FN=$( echo $i | sed 's/.gjf//') mkdir $FN mv... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: liuzhencc
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script idea using cUrl -- possible?

I have an alias already in my .bash_profile to download files using cUrl's -o (output to file, user provides the file name) option. I find I'm using it quite a bit, so I wanted to write a script to run "curl -o", taking the necessary inputs - file name and URL from which to download - and then... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SilversleevesX
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with the idea of a script to modify time

Hello friends, I need an idea or a ready solution for a problem i have the following lines in text file: 1 20100920140122 object4 MOVE IN 2 20100920150012 object4 MOVE OUT -- cut -- the second column is the date and time: 20100920140122 = 2010 09 20 14:01.22 what I need to do is to add 40... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: peetteerr
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

need a new idea for a script

Hi all, I now have project in UNIX Solaris and I want to have some new ideas to execute it, so I hope you help me finding new ideas in scripting or some infrastructure .bye (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hard_revenge
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Idea needed regarding process related script

I want to write a script which will take two time as input parameters and display the details of running processes between the two times, any ideas about the script ? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandip250382
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compact script with array - Good idea?

Hi, I have a shell script where a lot of the code is repeated. I wanted to make the code much more compact so I spoke to a guy and he suggested using arrays, like follows: #!/bin/bash readonly -a nginx=('nginx' '--prefix=/opt' '-j 4' 'http://nginx.org/download/nginx-1.2.2.tar.gz' )... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Spadez
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

I have no idea what is wrong with my simple script.

I am doing a simple "recycle bin" script. It is to check and see if the directory .TRASH exists within the home directory. If not then it makes the directory then appends a date and time to file and then finally moves the file in. However, when I run this script, it is not making the directory as... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: iamdeman
5 Replies
Locale::Script(3pm)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				       Locale::Script(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Script - standard codes for script identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Script; $script = code2script('phnx'); # 'Phoenician' $code = script2code('Phoenician'); # 'Phnx' $code = script2code('Phoenician', LOCALE_CODE_NUMERIC); # 115 @codes = all_script_codes(); @scripts = all_script_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Script" module provides access to standards codes used for identifying scripts, such as those defined in ISO 15924. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 15924 four-letter codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying scripts. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $script = code2script('phnx','alpha'); $script = code2script('phnx',LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha, LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA This is a set of four-letter (capitalized) codes from ISO 15924 such as 'Phnx' for Phoenician. It also includes additions to this set included in the IANA language registry. The Zxxx, Zyyy, and Zzzz codes are not used. This is the default code set. num, LOCALE_SCRIPT_NUMERIC This is a set of three-digit numeric codes from ISO 15924 such as 115 for Phoenician. ROUTINES
code2script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) script2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) script_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_script_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_script_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Script::rename_script ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::delete_script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Script::delete_script_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Script::rename_script_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::delete_script_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.unicode.org/iso15924/ Home page for ISO 15924. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2001 Canon Research Centre Europe (CRE). Copyright (c) 2001-2010 Neil Bowers Copyright (c) 2010-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Script(3pm)