Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Unable to scp/sftp between two servers Post 302235738 by jim mcnamara on Friday 12th of September 2008 03:11:39 PM
Old 09-12-2008
That error usually means emitting characters to a dumb terminal (sftp)

copy your .bashrc to .bashrc-local or something.
change .bashrc to:
Code:
if [ ${TERM} != "dumb" ]; then
  test -s ~/.bashrc-local && . ~/.bashrc-local
fi

which will stop your .bashrc from emitting chars to wrong term type

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

scp between 2 servers - invoked at 3rd server

I have a couple of servers that can't see each other and need to copy files from one to the other. I try to invoke scp from a 3rd server that can see both servers - get error msgs that are cryptic. from server C I can do scp user@serverA:~/file . scp file user@serverB:~ but if I try to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigjohn-nj
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sftp vs scp

My transmit rates are waaay faster using scp over sftp....anyone know why scp is faster than sftp? I am using solaris 8 for my unix systems. -S (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sowser
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scp between two servers

Is there a way to connect betwwen two servers A and B without using prompting for a password ..... I am writing a script which includes picking up files from and puts them to B. using mget .. To make the script fully automable I am looking for a passwordless authentication... Any... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ultimatix
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to SCP a file to multiple servers

Hi All, I am a total noob to the Unix world, and i hope to learn a lot from this wonderful community. Here's my first post and question , i am trying to SCP a file to multiple servers (multiple destinations) through this little script : #!/bin/ksh # copy files # File to be copied... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdlover
7 Replies

5. AIX

what to use sftp or scp

hi, i have a weird problem i have to copy the file with caret(^) in it. but when i tries to copy with scp. It(scp) says that it cant use ^file_name scp mohit^narang user@machine/mohit^narang the error comes in the second parameter.if i used user@machine/mohit_narang(under score) instead... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: narang.mohit
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP and SCP help

Hi All, I have to make an automated script that needs to do SFTP or SCP from my Unix server to another Unix server. I have gone through search of this website for sftp and scp. I really get confused when it talk about ssh key or rsh key and sftp -b thing I would really appreciate if... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
4 Replies

7. AIX

Able to scp/ssh to AIX 6.1 machine, unable to sftp to it

Hello, I am trying to figure out why I cannot sftp onto our aix6.1 machine. I can ssh/scp onto it, and sftp outbound seems to work properly, but I can't sftp onto it. # sftp aix61 Connecting to aix61... root@aix61's password: Connection closed # This machine appears to have the pware... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bstring
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP / SCP using password

Hi, I was provided with sftp servername, user and password and the requirement is to connect to sftp server using credentials provided and drop the file. Manually i am able to connect with commands like sftp user@servername and after clicking enter, i was asked for a password and entering... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: forums123456
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

scp without password between two servers

Hello Folks, I have two linux server accounts server1 and server2 From the terminal if I say this command, scp /source/folder/from/server1/unix.txt user@server2.com:/destination/folder/ Then it prompts for the password user@server2.com's password: I enter my password and then it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automate scp between servers

Hello, Could someone please help me with the below requirement? I need to automate scp files between two servers. I have a file having server names and paths to the folder like below server1 /path/to/folder/ server1 /path/to/folder/ server1 /path/to/folder/ server2 /path/to/folder/... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kochappa
4 Replies
GIT-PEEK-REMOTE(1)						    Git Manual							GIT-PEEK-REMOTE(1)

NAME
git-peek-remote - List the references in a remote repository SYNOPSIS
git peek-remote [--upload-pack=<git-upload-pack>] [<host>:]<directory> DESCRIPTION
This command is deprecated; use git ls-remote instead. OPTIONS
--upload-pack=<git-upload-pack> Use this to specify the path to git-upload-pack on the remote side, if it is not found on your $PATH. Some installations of sshd ignores the user's environment setup scripts for login shells (e.g. .bash_profile) and your privately installed git may not be found on the system default $PATH. Another workaround suggested is to set up your $PATH in ".bashrc", but this flag is for people who do not want to pay the overhead for non-interactive shells, but prefer having a lean .bashrc file (they set most of the things up in .bash_profile). <host> A remote host that houses the repository. When this part is specified, git-upload-pack is invoked via ssh. <directory> The repository to sync from. AUTHOR
Written by Junio C Hamano <gitster@pobox.com[1]> DOCUMENTATION
Documentation by Junio C Hamano. GIT
Part of the git(1) suite NOTES
1. gitster@pobox.com mailto:gitster@pobox.com Git 1.7.1 07/05/2010 GIT-PEEK-REMOTE(1)