Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Tape Driver Install
Operating Systems Solaris Tape Driver Install Post 302235686 by incredible on Friday 12th of September 2008 12:10:58 PM
Old 09-12-2008
What DAT tape drive? On which system? From where are you intending to download from? PLS be specific so that we can help you out ANy outputs you get from "mt stat" ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tape driver slots confgure

Hi Does anyone know the command to configure HP tape slots. I have tried the following on Sun, but its notworking. This is the first time I have configured a tape drive with muiltple slots. root@ssdb0009 # cfgadm -l Ap_Id Type Receptacle Occupant Conditio... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dennisca
3 Replies

2. SCO

tape drive driver device file

i have a sco-unix box. I want to access tape driver (sdt-700) on scsi. but i dont know how? where is this device file for tape driver is located? how do i access this tape? pls help this fool. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mchitrakar
1 Replies

3. SCO

Need to create megasas driver floppy for new install

I have a new Dell PowerEdge 2900 with perc5/i and no os. I need to install SCO Openserver 6 and I need create a megasas BTLD floppy in order to install the os. http://ftp.sco.com/pub/unixware7/714/drivers/megasas_1.1/README.hba.megasas.1.1.txt According to the link, I need to download the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jpop2000
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HP Unix 10.20 DDS Tape Driver Corruption

Dear Experts and Advanced User, I encounter a rare problem as mentioned above. I am not able to read the tape cartridge using the following command: #dd if=/dev/rmt/0mnb ibs=16k | tar tvf - It will prompt me with the message saying DD I/O error, broken pipe; everytime the above command... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stufftiger
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Can I Install the Gani Network Driver Using the Application that Came on the CD?

When I boot up the Solaris 10 5/09 install CD and select 'Solaris' from the GRUB menu that comes up, a menu loads. Option 5 is 'Apply Driver Updates'. Can I install the Gani driver using that? I tried using the tar file (the way it came) that I wrote to a floppy but when I asked it to look at the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bradj47
8 Replies

6. Solaris

Tape Driver Command for search

I am new to using a tape drive in Solaris 10. Our tape drive is working fine but what I was wondering is this. If I back up 10 files a day for 10 days that is 100 files and I want to restore a file that I backed up on Tuesday of that week. How do I find that file on the tape drive with out... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: deaconf19
3 Replies

7. Hardware

How to install a driver of my USB-A to Serial Cable

Hi Gurus of Unix Recently I install a OpenSolaris in My HP 530 In this moment want to install a USB-A to Serial Cable. Any guru can send a Link where I can use how reference. I want to configure a Router and my PC don't have any serial Port. My LapTOP only has USB ports. In this case I buy a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: andresguillen
2 Replies

8. Ubuntu

Is Ubuntu OS good? Do you need to install any driver after installing it?

I'm planning to install the Ubuntu OS on my laptop(currently has windows Vista), but I don't know if Ubuntu is good. Do you need to install any drivers for Ubuntu? Can I send stuff to my printer in Ubuntu? Is it compatible with my printer driver? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anna Hussie
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Driver Install Script

Hi, I am faily new to linux and bash scripting. But essentially what I am trying to do is create a small bash script that will automatically install a driver I want. I can do it manually but I want to create a script so I won't forget, since it is an internet driver I won't be able to get help when... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dmacmillan
0 Replies

10. Debian

Debian Etch - install us-keyboard driver

Hi, i'm using a debian-4.0r1 on an old subnet machine. I have to extend it with an other keyboard . What i have is a DVD of etch 4.0r7. How can i install and load the keyboard-driver for the us-keyboard? Can anybody please give me a hint how to do that? Thanks in advance (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: IMPe
0 Replies
TAPEINFO(1)						      General Commands Manual						       TAPEINFO(1)

NAME
tapeinfo - report SCSI tape device info SYNOPSIS
tapeinfo -f <scsi-generic-device> DESCRIPTION
The tapeinfo command reads various information from SCSI tape drives that is not generally available via most vendors' tape drivers. It issues raw commands directly to the tape drive, using either the operating system's SCSI generic device ( e.g. /dev/sg0 on Linux, /dev/pass0 on FreeBSD) or the raw SCSI I/O ioctl on a tape device on some operating systems. One good time to use 'tapeinfo' is immediately after a tape i/o operation has failed. On tape drives that support HP's 'tapealert' API, 'tapeinfo' will report a more exact description of what went wrong. Do be aware that 'tapeinfo' is not a substitute for your operating system's own 'mt' or similar tape driver control program. It is intended to supplement, not replace, programs like 'mt' that access your operating system's tape driver in order to report or set information. OPTIONS
The first argument, given following -f , is the SCSI generic device corresponding to your tape drive. Consult your operating system's doc- umentation for more information (for example, under Linux these are generally start at /dev/sg0 under FreeBSD these start at /dev/pass0). Under FreeBSD, 'camcontrol devlist' will tell you what SCSI devices you have, along with which 'pass' device controls them. Under Linux, "cat /proc/scsi/scsi" will tell you what SCSI devices you have. BUGS AND LIMITATIONS
This program has only been tested on Linux with a limited number of tape drives (HP DDS4, Seagate AIT). AVAILABILITY
tapeinfo is currently being maintained by Robert Nelson <robertnelson@users.sourceforge.net> as part of the 'mtx' suite of programs. The 'mtx' home page is http://mtx.sourceforge.net and the actual code is currently available there and via SVN from http://source- forge.net/projects/mtx. SEE ALSO
mt(1),mtx(1),scsitape(1),scsieject(1),loaderinfo(1) TAPEINFO1.0 TAPEINFO(1)