Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting ls -e to find out File modification time in secs Post 302235654 by rahulkav on Friday 12th of September 2008 11:04:33 AM
Old 09-12-2008
Thanks a lot for ur help. stat function is working perfectly fine

use File::stat;
$sb = stat($filename);
printf "File is %s, size is %s, perm %04o, mtime %s\n",
$filename, $sb->size, $sb->mode & 07777,
scalar localtime $sb->mtime; use File::stat;
$sb = stat($filename);
printf "File is %s, size is %s, perm %04o, mtime %s\n",
$filename, $sb->size, $sb->mode & 07777,
scalar localtime $sb->mtime;

Have not tried the version from dennis. will try.

But can't be get those parameters from Unix shell.
I mean even if not in seconds just the ctime, mtime and atime

Regards,

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File modification time

Does anyone know how to display the time with seconds of when a file was last modified. I can get hour & minutes but would also like seconds. --Running AIX (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: edog
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to find difference of 2 timestamps in secs?

I have a requirement to find the time difference in second between 2 given time stamps. An example scenario is shown below: 30 Oct 11:42:29:992 DEBUG org.apache.commons.digester.Digester - New match='form-validation/global/validator' (IID=, TID=) 30 Oct 11:42:29:993 DEBUG... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alecs
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

File modification time comparison

Hi All, I have two files (given below) each exists under different paths. I want to compare the modification time stamp of file1.txt is lessthan the modification time of file2.txt. month1=`ls -l file1.txt | awk '{ print $6}'` date1=`ls -file1.txt | awk '{ print $7}'` time1=`ls... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Arunprasad
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and symbolic link modification time

Hi, I have a directory made up of many symbolic links to folders multiple file systems. I want to return folders modified within the last 50 days, but find is using the link time rather than the target time. find . -type d -mtime -50 Is there a way to either: a) Make a symbolic link... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: earls
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need Modification Time of a file

Hi all, I need the modification time of a file on a particular day say 3 days before. I just don't want the last modification time. I need all the modification times on a particualar day. Is there anyway to do it? Kindly help. Could anyone tell me where the modification time is stored?... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vidhyab
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to list the files based on the modification time using the find command?

Hi All, I need to list the files based modification time of the files from a directory, I cannot use "ls -t" as there are lot of files, which "ls" command cannot handle. New files will land there daily. So iam looking for an alternative through "find"command. All suggestions are welcomed. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kesavan
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to change modification time of file?

Explain it with proper e.g (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sidpatil
4 Replies

8. Programming

File date/time modification and permissions

First, oh great Unix gurus, forgive if this is a stupid question. Unix/Linux is not my main thing but I have been programming in C/C++ for many years. I will do my best to be specific. I have a program in C/C++ that needs to modify the time of a given file. Currently I do this using utime()... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pug
5 Replies

9. AIX

Getting files through find command and listing file modification time upto seconds

I have to list the files of particular directory using file filter like find -name abc* something and if multiple file exist I also want time of each file up to seconds. Currently we are getting time up to minutes in AIX is there any way I can get file last modification time up to seconds. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nitesh sahu
4 Replies

10. UNIX and Linux Applications

Sendmail delay: 3 mins 11 secs... Every time.

Hi all, I would like some help with a sendmail problem: We have a new system comprising of 4 T7-1 servers, each hosting 5 LDOMs, all domains running Solaris 11.3 All emails sent from every one of these domains (including the control domains) sit in the queue for 3 mins 11 secs (sometime 3m 12s,... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mysturji
11 Replies
FSVS - URL format(5)						       fsvs						      FSVS - URL format(5)

NAME
Format of URLs - FSVS can use more than one URL; the given URLs are overlaid according to their priority. FSVS can use more than one URL; the given URLs are overlaid according to their priority. For easier managing they get a name, and can optionally take a target revision. Such an extended URL has the form ['name:'{name},]['target:'{t-rev},]['prio:'{prio},]URL where URL is a standard URL known by subversion -- something like http://...., svn://... or svn+ssh://.... The arguments before the URL are optional and can be in any order; the URL must be last. Example: name:perl,prio:5,svn://... or, using abbreviations, N:perl,P:5,T:324,svn://... Please mind that the full syntax is in lower case, whereas the abbreviations are capitalized! Internally the : is looked for, and if the part before this character is a known keyword, it is used. As soon as we find an unknown keyword we treat it as an URL, ie. stop processing. The priority is in reverse numeric order - the lower the number, the higher the priority. (See url__current_has_precedence() ) Why a priority? When we have to overlay several URLs, we have to know which URL takes precedence - in case the same entry is in more than one. (Which is not recommended!) Why a name? We need a name, so that the user can say 'commit all outstanding changes to the repository at URL x', without having to remember the full URL. After all, this URL should already be known, as there's a list of URLs to update from. You should only use alphanumeric characters and the underscore here; or, in other words, w or [a-zA-Z0-9_]. (Whitespace, comma and semicolon get used as separators.) What can I do with the target revision? Using the target revision you can tell fsvs that it should use the given revision number as destination revision - so update would go there, but not further. Please note that the given revision number overrides the -r parameter; this sets the destination for all URLs. The default target is HEAD. Note: In subversion you can enter URL@revision - this syntax may be implemented in fsvs too. (But it has the problem, that as soon as you have a @ in the URL, you must give the target revision every time!) There's an additional internal number - why that? This internal number is not for use by the user. It is just used to have an unique identifier for an URL, without using the full string. On my system the package names are on average 12.3 characters long (1024 packages with 12629 bytes, including newline): COLUMNS=200 dpkg-query -l | cut -c5- | cut -f1 -d' ' | wc So if we store an id of the url instead of the name, we have approx. 4 bytes per entry (length of strings of numbers from 1 to 1024). Whereas using the needs name 12.3 characters, that's a difference of 8.3 per entry. Multiplied with 150 000 entries we get about 1MB difference in filesize of the dir-file. Not really small ... And using the whole URL would inflate that much more. Currently we use about 92 bytes per entry. So we'd (unnecessarily) increase the size by about 10%. That's why there's an url_t::internal_number. Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for fsvs from the source code. Version trunk:2424 11 Mar 2010 FSVS - URL format(5)