Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris PLOGI failed state=Packet Transport error Post 302235617 by pupp on Friday 12th of September 2008 09:32:34 AM
Old 09-12-2008
did you test the physical cable? basically get a loop back and hook it up. check the san switch (or san device) and see if you link up.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Error: XDMCP timed out. State=4 (CollectBroadcastQuery)

Hello, I am a new member of this forum. I am trying to solve a following problem with CDE in HPUX 11. The error is Error: XDMCP timed out. State=4 (CollectBroadcastQuery). I have uncommented the following lines from the Xaccess file - * grant service to all remote displays * ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shad
0 Replies

2. Solaris

Unable to bring a disk from error to online state.

Hello experts. I am using Solaris 10(2005) on intel machine. I have installed Veritas Volume manager 5.0. I am unable to bring a disk error to online state. I would like to bring that disk to CDS format. Commands i used and output are.... #vxdisk list DEVICE TYPE ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: younus_syed
11 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Transport Error

Dear Friends, I am using Solaris 10 on Sun Sparc T5120 with 4 HDD(Raid).I am getting transport error in one of my mirrored HDD c1t2d0. Below is a screen shot. I have replaced the HDD with new one but still the same. Any one can help???? c1t2d0 Soft Errors: 0 Hard Errors: 0... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: solaris5.10
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Cygwin X Server error: xdmcp fatal error session failed session 23 failed for display

Hi, i got the following error when i tried to access the cygwin x server from a windows XP PC. "xdmcp fatal error session failed session 23 failed for display" Alternatively, when i tried to access the same Cygwin X Server from another windows XP PC which is on a different LAN... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: HarishKumarM
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sftp error:- Couldn't send packet: Broken pipe

Hi, I am trying to sftp a large file(appx. 2 GB size) from solaris 10 to a Linux server. While sftping(with no options), connection is terminated after some time with broken pipe error. sftp with option -R1 or -B1500 is successful. Linux server ssh Version: OpenSSH_3.9p1, OpenSSL 0.9.7a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: brij123
3 Replies

6. Solaris

RED State Exception error in V250

hi all i am getting following error while starting V250 server on console we are not able to go to OBP also. RED State Exception Error enable reg: 0000.0000.0000.0000 CPU 0000.0000.0000.0001 AFSR 0030.02ae.18c0.00b7 Multiple PRIV UCU CPU WDU EDU U E CE FRC FRU (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil kasar
2 Replies

7. AIX

Open firmware state to running state

Hi Admins, I am having a whole system lpar in open firmware state on HMC. How can I bring it to running state ? Let me know. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
2 Replies

8. AIX

Packet loss coming with big packet size ping

(5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishal_dba
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Solaris ping report failed packet script

Hello, on Solaris ping command does not report failed packet as in i.e. Windows (Connection timeout) Instead it reports the sequence of the sent packet: 64 bytes from 10.80.4.120: icmp_seq=11. time=36.0 ms 64 bytes from 10.80.4.120: icmp_seq=12. time=35.9 ms 64 bytes from 10.80.4.120:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: drbiloukos
6 Replies

10. AIX

Error received when I was trying to check state of boot record

Hello, This is a test/lab LPAR. Recently installed and updated the SP/TL. everything seems to be working fine. (ran all post install checks) I checked the state of boot record, received the following error/failed message. Can you please explain what does this mean ? />ipl_varyon -i ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dio34
1 Replies
rarpd(8c)																 rarpd(8c)

Name
       rarpd - reverse address resolution protocol (RARP) daemon

Syntax
       /usr/etc/rarpd [ interface ] [ -v ] [ -n ] [ -f filename ]

Description
       The daemon maps the Ethernet address of a machine to the machine's Internet Protocol (IP) address.

When  is  invoked,  it  reads  the  file  (by  default) and waits to process a RARP request.  The file is checked every ten minutes for any
       changes.  If the file has been modified, reads it again. You can disable this feature with the option. You can force a scan of the file	by
       sending the daemon a SIGHUP signal.  See for more information on SIGHUP.

The  format of the file is described in You can specify a file other than with the option.  The interface is the network interface on which
       the daemon should listen. The command shows the correct interface or interfaces for your system.  The daemon uses the  first  interface	it
       finds, if you do not specify an interface.  See the reference page for more information.

Because	the  daemon has been implemented with the Ethernet Packet Filter (see you must configure your kernel with the packet filter option
       in order for to function properly.  The packet filter detects RARP broadcast packets and passes them to for processing. The filter priority
       for rarpd is set to 28.

All messages from the daemon are directed to

Options
       interface      Specifies the system's network interface.

-v	      Causes  to  operate in verbose mode. This option logs details of RARP to The instance of a RARP request and its response are
		      also logged.

-n	      Disables checking of the file.  By default, checks the file once every ten minutes, and, if the file was	modified,  rereads
		      the file.  If you specify the option scans the file once at startup time.

-f filename    Reads an alternate Ethernet address file.

Restrictions
       The ignores all ARP requests sent encapsulated within a RARP packet. You should make all ARP request using the command.

The machine for which an IP address is being requested must be present in the server's file.

Diagnostics
       The following message is logged to if the Packet Filter is not configured in your kernel:
       Packet Filter is not configured in /vmunix
       The following messages are printed to your screen if the Packet Filter is not configured in your kernel:
       rarpd: cannot find symbol Pfilt_read in /vmunix
       option PACKETFILTER does not appear to be configured in
	      your kernel.

Files
       Database that maps Ethernet addresses to hostnames

See Also
       ethers(3n), packetfilter(4), ethers(5), hosts(5), arp(8c), ifconfig(8c), syslog(8c)
       The Packet Filter: An Efficient Mechanism for User-Level Network Code

rarpd(8c)