Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris PLOGI failed state=Packet Transport error Post 302235617 by pupp on Friday 12th of September 2008 09:32:34 AM
Old 09-12-2008
did you test the physical cable? basically get a loop back and hook it up. check the san switch (or san device) and see if you link up.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Error: XDMCP timed out. State=4 (CollectBroadcastQuery)

Hello, I am a new member of this forum. I am trying to solve a following problem with CDE in HPUX 11. The error is Error: XDMCP timed out. State=4 (CollectBroadcastQuery). I have uncommented the following lines from the Xaccess file - * grant service to all remote displays * ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shad
0 Replies

2. Solaris

Unable to bring a disk from error to online state.

Hello experts. I am using Solaris 10(2005) on intel machine. I have installed Veritas Volume manager 5.0. I am unable to bring a disk error to online state. I would like to bring that disk to CDS format. Commands i used and output are.... #vxdisk list DEVICE TYPE ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: younus_syed
11 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Transport Error

Dear Friends, I am using Solaris 10 on Sun Sparc T5120 with 4 HDD(Raid).I am getting transport error in one of my mirrored HDD c1t2d0. Below is a screen shot. I have replaced the HDD with new one but still the same. Any one can help???? c1t2d0 Soft Errors: 0 Hard Errors: 0... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: solaris5.10
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Cygwin X Server error: xdmcp fatal error session failed session 23 failed for display

Hi, i got the following error when i tried to access the cygwin x server from a windows XP PC. "xdmcp fatal error session failed session 23 failed for display" Alternatively, when i tried to access the same Cygwin X Server from another windows XP PC which is on a different LAN... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: HarishKumarM
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sftp error:- Couldn't send packet: Broken pipe

Hi, I am trying to sftp a large file(appx. 2 GB size) from solaris 10 to a Linux server. While sftping(with no options), connection is terminated after some time with broken pipe error. sftp with option -R1 or -B1500 is successful. Linux server ssh Version: OpenSSH_3.9p1, OpenSSL 0.9.7a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: brij123
3 Replies

6. Solaris

RED State Exception error in V250

hi all i am getting following error while starting V250 server on console we are not able to go to OBP also. RED State Exception Error enable reg: 0000.0000.0000.0000 CPU 0000.0000.0000.0001 AFSR 0030.02ae.18c0.00b7 Multiple PRIV UCU CPU WDU EDU U E CE FRC FRU (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil kasar
2 Replies

7. AIX

Open firmware state to running state

Hi Admins, I am having a whole system lpar in open firmware state on HMC. How can I bring it to running state ? Let me know. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
2 Replies

8. AIX

Packet loss coming with big packet size ping

(5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishal_dba
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Solaris ping report failed packet script

Hello, on Solaris ping command does not report failed packet as in i.e. Windows (Connection timeout) Instead it reports the sequence of the sent packet: 64 bytes from 10.80.4.120: icmp_seq=11. time=36.0 ms 64 bytes from 10.80.4.120: icmp_seq=12. time=35.9 ms 64 bytes from 10.80.4.120:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: drbiloukos
6 Replies

10. AIX

Error received when I was trying to check state of boot record

Hello, This is a test/lab LPAR. Recently installed and updated the SP/TL. everything seems to be working fine. (ran all post install checks) I checked the state of boot record, received the following error/failed message. Can you please explain what does this mean ? />ipl_varyon -i ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dio34
1 Replies
NG_DEVICE(4)                                               BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual                                               NG_DEVICE(4)

NAME
ng_device -- device netgraph node type SYNOPSIS
#include <netgraph/ng_device.h> DESCRIPTION
A device node is both a netgraph node and a system device interface. When a device node is created, a new device entry appears which is accessible via the regular file operators such as open(2), close(2), read(2), write(2), etc. The first node is created as /dev/ngd0, all subsequent nodes /dev/ngd1, /dev/ngd2, etc. HOOKS
A device node has a single hook with an arbitrary name. All data coming in over the hook will be presented to the device for read(2). All data coming in from the device entry by write(2) will be forwarded to the hook. CONTROL MESSAGES
The device node supports one non-generic control message: NGM_DEVICE_GET_DEVNAME Returns device name corresponding to a node. SHUTDOWN
This node shuts down upon receipt of a NGM_SHUTDOWN control message, or upon hook disconnection. The associated device entry is removed and becomes available for use by future device nodes. SEE ALSO
netgraph(4), ngctl(8) HISTORY
The device node type was first implemented in FreeBSD 5.0. AUTHORS
Mark Santcroos <marks@ripe.net> Gleb Smirnoff <glebius@FreeBSD.org> BSD October 19, 2004 BSD