Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers how to use vi to replace specific line of text only Post 302235590 by pranav.pandya on Friday 12th of September 2008 09:03:11 AM
Old 09-12-2008
thx for ur reply!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace specific text line out of multiple occurance

Hi I would like to replace specific line eg ExitAction = NONE to ExitAction = FALSE under only TASK sipsiproc and other ExitAction = NONE will remain as usual in the file(shell script) The file contains: TASK rgcdproc { CommandLine = $SSHOME/bin/rgcd.exe NewConsole... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhusmita
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

search and replace a specific text in text file?

I have a text file with following content (3 lines) filename : output.txt first line:12/12/2008 second line:12/12/2008 third line:Y I would like to know how we can replace 'Y' with 'N' in the 3rd line keeping 1st and 2nd lines same as what it was before. I tried using cat output.txt... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: santosham
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding specific text and spaces to each line in a text file

Hi, I wanted to add specific text to each row in a text file containing three rows. Example: 0 8 7 6 5 5 7 8 9 0 7 9 7 8 9 0 1 2 And I want to add a 21 at the beginning of the first row, and blank spaces at the beginning of the second two rows. To get this: 21 0 8 7 6 5 5 7 8... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hertingm
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

using sed to replace a specific string on a specific line number using variables

using sed to replace a specific string on a specific line number using variables this is where i am at grep -v WARNING output | grep -v spawn | grep -v Passphrase | grep -v Authentication | grep -v '/sbin/tfadmin netguard -C'| grep -v 'NETWORK>' >> output.clean grep -n Destination... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: todd.cutting
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace text in SPECIFIC multiple files

I have a list of files with different file names and ext that i need replace(saved as file_list.txt.) i just want to replace from a specific file list. i obtain an error saying lint not found. Plz help. Thx perl -e "s/$NAME/$T_NAME/gi;" -pi $(find . -type f | xargs -0 lint -e < file_list.txt) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: yvmy
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace/Remove not specific text in perl

Hello, Consider that i have many files that have the below format: file1 900 7777 1000 5 6 23 nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn 1100 kkkkkkk file2 900 1989 1000 5 3 10 kkkdfdfdffd 1100 kkkkkkk What i would like to do is on every file to search the line that starts with... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chriss_58
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace specific field on specific line sed or awk

I'm trying to update a text file via sed/awk, after a lot of searching I still can't find a code snippet that I can get to work. Brief overview: I have user input a line to a variable, I then find a specific value in this line 10th field in this case. After asking for new input and doing some... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: crownedzero
14 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Use sed to replace but only in a specific column of the text file

Hi, I would like to use sed to replace NA to x ('s/NA/x/g'), but only in the 5th column of the space delimited text file, nowhere else. How do I go about doing that? Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

find from file and replace with specific text

Dear All, I do not have any knowledge of scripting. I want to replace specific lines of a text file with a specific text. Like I have one file which is "original file" and one file "changes file" which has list of lines which I want to replace in original file with a specific string. I want the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: libras
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command to replace a line at a specific line number with some other line

my requirement is, consider a file output cat output blah sdjfhjkd jsdfhjksdh sdfs 23423 sdfsdf sdf"sdfsdf"sdfsdf"""""dsf hellow there this doesnt look good et cetc etc etcetera i want to replace a line of line number 4 ("this doesnt look good") with some other line ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
3 Replies
xcb_randr_get_screen_resources(3)				   XCB Requests 				 xcb_randr_get_screen_resources(3)

NAME
xcb_randr_get_screen_resources - SYNOPSIS
#include <xcb/randr.h> Request function xcb_randr_get_screen_resources_cookie_t xcb_randr_get_screen_resources(xcb_connection_t *conn, xcb_window_t window); Reply datastructure typedef struct xcb_randr_get_screen_resources_reply_t { uint8_t response_type; uint8_t pad0; uint16_t sequence; uint32_t length; xcb_timestamp_t timestamp; xcb_timestamp_t config_timestamp; uint16_t num_crtcs; uint16_t num_outputs; uint16_t num_modes; uint16_t names_len; uint8_t pad1[8]; } xcb_randr_get_screen_resources_reply_t; Reply function xcb_randr_get_screen_resources_reply_t *xcb_randr_get_screen_resources_reply(xcb_connection_t *conn, xcb_randr_get_screen_resources_cookie_t cookie, xcb_generic_error_t **e); Reply accessors xcb_randr_crtc_t *xcb_randr_get_screen_resources_crtcs(const xcb_randr_get_screen_resources_request_t *reply); int xcb_randr_get_screen_resources_crtcs_length(const xcb_randr_get_screen_resources_reply_t *reply); xcb_generic_iterator_t xcb_randr_get_screen_resources_crtcs_end(const xcb_randr_get_screen_resources_reply_t *reply); xcb_randr_output_t *xcb_randr_get_screen_resources_outputs(const xcb_randr_get_screen_resources_request_t *reply); int xcb_randr_get_screen_resources_outputs_length(const xcb_randr_get_screen_resources_reply_t *reply); xcb_generic_iterator_t xcb_randr_get_screen_resources_outputs_end(const xcb_randr_get_screen_resources_reply_t *reply); xcb_randr_mode_info_t *xcb_randr_get_screen_resources_modes(const xcb_randr_get_screen_resources_request_t *reply); int xcb_randr_get_screen_resources_modes_length(const xcb_randr_get_screen_resources_reply_t *reply); xcb_randr_mode_info_iterator_t xcb_randr_get_screen_resources_modes_iterator(const xcb_randr_get_screen_resources_reply_t *reply); uint8_t *xcb_randr_get_screen_resources_names(const xcb_randr_get_screen_resources_request_t *reply); int xcb_randr_get_screen_resources_names_length(const xcb_randr_get_screen_resources_reply_t *reply); xcb_generic_iterator_t xcb_randr_get_screen_resources_names_end(const xcb_randr_get_screen_resources_reply_t *reply); REQUEST ARGUMENTS
conn The XCB connection to X11. window TODO: NOT YET DOCUMENTED. REPLY FIELDS
response_type The type of this reply, in this case XCB_RANDR_GET_SCREEN_RESOURCES. This field is also present in the xcb_generic_reply_t and can be used to tell replies apart from each other. sequence The sequence number of the last request processed by the X11 server. length The length of the reply, in words (a word is 4 bytes). timestamp TODO: NOT YET DOCUMENTED. config_timestamp TODO: NOT YET DOCUMENTED. num_crtcs TODO: NOT YET DOCUMENTED. num_outputs TODO: NOT YET DOCUMENTED. num_modes TODO: NOT YET DOCUMENTED. names_len TODO: NOT YET DOCUMENTED. DESCRIPTION
RETURN VALUE
Returns an xcb_randr_get_screen_resources_cookie_t. Errors have to be handled when calling the reply function xcb_randr_get_screen_re- sources_reply. If you want to handle errors in the event loop instead, use xcb_randr_get_screen_resources_unchecked. See xcb-requests(3) for details. ERRORS
This request does never generate any errors. SEE ALSO
AUTHOR
Generated from randr.xml. Contact xcb@lists.freedesktop.org for corrections and improvements. XCB
2014-06-10 xcb_randr_get_screen_resources(3)