Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris PLOGI failed state=Packet Transport error Post 302235589 by DukeNuke2 on Friday 12th of September 2008 09:01:20 AM
Old 09-12-2008
maybe one of the gbics has degraded power... and you have to change them. all in all it looks lieke a hardware error.

lets have a look at the output of some commands.

- fcinfo hba-port
- iostat -eE
- luxadm -e port

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Error: XDMCP timed out. State=4 (CollectBroadcastQuery)

Hello, I am a new member of this forum. I am trying to solve a following problem with CDE in HPUX 11. The error is Error: XDMCP timed out. State=4 (CollectBroadcastQuery). I have uncommented the following lines from the Xaccess file - * grant service to all remote displays * ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shad
0 Replies

2. Solaris

Unable to bring a disk from error to online state.

Hello experts. I am using Solaris 10(2005) on intel machine. I have installed Veritas Volume manager 5.0. I am unable to bring a disk error to online state. I would like to bring that disk to CDS format. Commands i used and output are.... #vxdisk list DEVICE TYPE ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: younus_syed
11 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Transport Error

Dear Friends, I am using Solaris 10 on Sun Sparc T5120 with 4 HDD(Raid).I am getting transport error in one of my mirrored HDD c1t2d0. Below is a screen shot. I have replaced the HDD with new one but still the same. Any one can help???? c1t2d0 Soft Errors: 0 Hard Errors: 0... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: solaris5.10
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Cygwin X Server error: xdmcp fatal error session failed session 23 failed for display

Hi, i got the following error when i tried to access the cygwin x server from a windows XP PC. "xdmcp fatal error session failed session 23 failed for display" Alternatively, when i tried to access the same Cygwin X Server from another windows XP PC which is on a different LAN... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: HarishKumarM
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sftp error:- Couldn't send packet: Broken pipe

Hi, I am trying to sftp a large file(appx. 2 GB size) from solaris 10 to a Linux server. While sftping(with no options), connection is terminated after some time with broken pipe error. sftp with option -R1 or -B1500 is successful. Linux server ssh Version: OpenSSH_3.9p1, OpenSSL 0.9.7a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: brij123
3 Replies

6. Solaris

RED State Exception error in V250

hi all i am getting following error while starting V250 server on console we are not able to go to OBP also. RED State Exception Error enable reg: 0000.0000.0000.0000 CPU 0000.0000.0000.0001 AFSR 0030.02ae.18c0.00b7 Multiple PRIV UCU CPU WDU EDU U E CE FRC FRU (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil kasar
2 Replies

7. AIX

Open firmware state to running state

Hi Admins, I am having a whole system lpar in open firmware state on HMC. How can I bring it to running state ? Let me know. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
2 Replies

8. AIX

Packet loss coming with big packet size ping

(5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishal_dba
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Solaris ping report failed packet script

Hello, on Solaris ping command does not report failed packet as in i.e. Windows (Connection timeout) Instead it reports the sequence of the sent packet: 64 bytes from 10.80.4.120: icmp_seq=11. time=36.0 ms 64 bytes from 10.80.4.120: icmp_seq=12. time=35.9 ms 64 bytes from 10.80.4.120:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: drbiloukos
6 Replies

10. AIX

Error received when I was trying to check state of boot record

Hello, This is a test/lab LPAR. Recently installed and updated the SP/TL. everything seems to be working fine. (ran all post install checks) I checked the state of boot record, received the following error/failed message. Can you please explain what does this mean ? />ipl_varyon -i ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dio34
1 Replies
scsi_hba_tran(9S)					    Data Structures for Drivers 					 scsi_hba_tran(9S)

NAME
scsi_hba_tran - SCSI Host Bus Adapter (HBA) driver transport vector structure SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/scsi/scsi.h> INTERFACE LEVEL
Solaris architecture specific (Solaris DDI). DESCRIPTION
A scsi_hba_tran_t structure defines vectors that an HBA driver exports to SCSA interfaces so that HBA specific functions can be executed. STRUCTURE MEMBERS
dev_info_t *tran_hba_dip; /* HBAs dev_info pointer */ void *tran_hba_private; /* HBA softstate */ void *tran_tgt_private; /* HBA target private pointer */ struct scsi_device *tran_sd; /* scsi_device */ int (*tran_tgt_init)(); /* Transport target */ /* Initialization */ int (*tran_tgt_probe)(); /* Transport target probe */ void (*tran_tgt_free)(); /* Transport target free */ int (*tran_start)(); /* Transport start */ int (*tran_reset)(); /* Transport reset */ int (*tran_abort)(); /* Transport abort */ int (*tran_getcap)(); /* Capability retrieval */ int (*tran_setcap)(); /* Capability establishment */ struct scsi_pkt *(*tran_init_pkt)(); /* Packet and DMA allocation */ void (*tran_destroy_pkt)(); /* Packet and DMA */ /* deallocation */ void (*tran_dmafree)(); /* DMA deallocation */ void (*tran_sync_pkt)(); /* Sync DMA */ void (*tran_reset_notify)(); /* Bus reset notification */ int (*tran_bus_reset)(); /* Reset bus only */ int (*tran_quiesce)(); /* Quiesce a bus */ int (*tran_unquiesce)(); /* Unquiesce a bus */ tran_hba_dip dev_info pointer to the HBA supplying the scsi_hba_tran structure. tran_hba_private Private pointer that the HBA driver can use to refer to the device's soft state structure. tran_tgt_private Private pointer that the HBA can use to refer to per-target specific data. This field can only be used when the SCSI_HBA_TRAN_CLONE flag is specified in scsi_hba_attach(9F). In this case, the HBA driver must initialize this field in its tran_tgt_init(9E) entry point. tran_sd Pointer to scsi_device(9S) structure if cloning; otherwise NULL. tran_tgt_init The function entry allowing per-target HBA initialization, if necessary. tran_tgt_probe The function entry allowing per-target scsi_probe(9F) customization, if necessary. tran_tgt_free The function entry allowing per-target HBA deallocation, if necessary. tran_start The function entry that starts a SCSI command execution on the HBA hardware. tran_reset The function entry that resets a SCSI bus or target device. tran_abort The function entry that aborts one SCSI command, or all pending SCSI commands. tran_getcap The function entry that retrieves a SCSI capability. tran_setcap The function entry that sets a SCSI capability. tran_init_pkt The function entry that allocates a scsi_pkt structure. tran_destroy_pkt The function entry that frees a scsi_pkt structure allocated by tran_init_pkt. tran_dmafree The function entry that frees DMA resources that were previously allocated by tran_init_pkt. tran_sync_pkt Synchronize data in pkt after a data transfer has been completed. tran_reset_notify The function entry allowing a target to register a bus reset notification request with the HBA driver. tran_bus_reset The function entry that resets the SCSI bus without resetting targets. tran_quiesce The function entry that waits for all outstanding commands to complete and blocks (or queues) any I/O requests issued. tran_unquiesce The function entry that allows I/O activities to resume on the SCSI bus. SEE ALSO
tran_abort(9E), tran_bus_reset(9E), tran_destroy_pkt(9E), tran_dmafree(9E), tran_getcap(9E), tran_init_pkt(9E), tran_quiesce(9E), tran_reset(9E), tran_reset_notify(9E), tran_setcap(9E), tran_start(9E), tran_sync_pkt(9E), tran_tgt_free(9E), tran_tgt_init(9E), tran_tgt_probe(9E), tran_unquiesce(9E), ddi_dma_sync(9F), scsi_hba_attach(9F), scsi_hba_pkt_alloc(9F), scsi_hba_pkt_free(9F), scsi_probe(9F), scsi_device(9S), scsi_pkt(9S) Writing Device Drivers SunOS 5.10 20 Sep 1994 scsi_hba_tran(9S)