Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Urgent: find some strings in all the tables Post 302235539 by unknown123 on Friday 12th of September 2008 06:08:36 AM
Old 09-12-2008
Data Urgent: find some strings in all the tables

Hi ,,

I want to write a shell script to search following strings values in columns of all the tables in the database:

BO_OPSWAP,BOOPSWAP
FO_OPSWAP,FOOPSWAP, OPSWP
not swapwire

please help on this.. it's quite urgent.......

i 'm working on UNIX AIX servers....and using sqlplus tool to connect to database.......

i have some condition also:
1) columns type should be varchar
2) column value should not be less than 3 characters...
3)etc..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

help on find with chmod.. urgent help needed

Hello to all Unix gurus.. I am writing a generic script which takes the options of unix command as input and concatenate all the pieces and forms a complete executable command. I am getting an error with the following command as I am resetting my own permission on the root directory. When the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdlayeeq
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find command - Urgent Plz.

Hi, In my current directory, i have the following files: x1.dat x2.dat.gz x3.dat I want to use the find command and display only files which has *.dat and NOT *.gz extension files. Please help me out. Thanks, Kris Kart. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kris_Kart_101
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

urgent: problem with find command

find / * -print > /var/tmp/updatedfilelist.txt 2>&1 i need to run the above file in cron. problem is, this process takes a long long long time to finish up. and even worse, it fills up the directory the output file is located in. i dont want the /var directory to ge filled up because of... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Terrible
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting tables of row data into columns of tables

I am trying to transpose tables listed in the format into format. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Input: test_data_1 1 2 90% 4 3 91% 5 4 90% 6 5 90% 9 6 90% test_data_2 3 5 92% 5 4 92% 7 3 93% 9 2 92% 1 1 92% ... Output:... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: justthisguy
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

To find the count of records from tables present inside a file.

hi gurus, I am having a file containing a list of tables.i want to find the count of records inside thes tables. for this i have to connect into database and i have to put the count for all the tables inside another file i used the following loop once all the tablenames are inside the file. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: navojit dutta
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Urgent:Comparing two Strings using If Loop

Hi All, Please help me out in this... I am new to scripting How to compare two strings by using the same string in single loop, I am using ksh for ex:see the code snippet below I am writing in java, Can u guys tell me that in scripting if ("string1"=="string2" ||... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anji
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find Strings in Files

experts, i am using solaris 9. there are serveral *.log files in a directory "/var/alllogs/". Among the files one or several files contain the string "0198634873". I want do- cat *.log | grep "0198634873"; And want to see which Files(file_name) contain that string. Plus output will go to a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thepurple
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

find and replace! Urgent

I am trying to find and replace the following line in log4j.xml: <param name="ConversionPattern" value=" %m%n"/> to <param name="ConversionPattern" value=" %m%n"/> The problem here is that when I find the first string above using sed or grep, it returns more than one line that matches... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: tadi18
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tables to query to find users for database from shell script

I am coding shell script. I need to connect to different databases like DB2, Oracle and Sybase. I would then need to query tables where it has all the groups, users for that database. I would also need who has what kind of permissions. EG: I know for DB2 some TABAUTH table needs to be... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with Find command urgent help!!

hi I used find command to find some file names as per input from user. I used it for current directory. It was working fine. Now I tried with giving some other directory path. Its giving issues. Here what I tried. Script will take input from user say 1_abc.txt, find the file and print list. if... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sukhdip
1 Replies
mysqmail-dovecot-logger(8)				      System Manager's Manual					mysqmail-dovecot-logger(8)

NAME
mysqmail-dovecot-logger - logs dovecot-imapd and dovecot-pop3d traffic to a mysql database SYNOPSIS
mysqmail-dovecot-logger subprogram [ args ... ] DESCRIPTION
mysqmail-dovecot-logger reads the syslog using tail -F, and for each dovecot lines of POP3 and IMAP corresponding to a disconnection, mysq- mail-dovecot-logger writes the total used bandwidth corresponding to the username. Configuration is read from /etc/mysqmail.conf. mysqmail-dovecot-logger uses a table corresponding to this one: CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS pop_access ( id varchar(32) NOT NULL default '', uid int(11) NOT NULL default '65534', gid int(11) NOT NULL default '65534', home varchar(255) NOT NULL default '', shell varchar(255) NOT NULL default '', mbox_host varchar(120) NOT NULL default '', crypt varchar(50) NOT NULL default '', passwd varchar(50) NOT NULL default '', active int(11) NOT NULL default '1', start_date date NOT NULL default '0000-00-00', expire_date date NOT NULL default '0000-00-00', quota_size int(11) NOT NULL default '0', type varchar(20) NOT NULL default 'default', memo text,du bigint(20) NOT NULL default '0', another_perso varchar(5) NOT NULL default 'no', redirect1 varchar(255) default NULL, redirect2 varchar(255) default NULL, localdeliver varchar(10) NOT NULL default 'yes', pop3_login_count int(9) NOT NULL default '0', pop3_transfered_bytes int(14) NOT NULL default '0', imap_login_count int(9) NOT NULL default '0', imap_transfered_bytes int(14) NOT NULL default '0', last_login int(14) NOT NULL default '0', PRIMARY KEY (id,mbox_host) ) TYPE=MyISAM VERSION
This documentation describes mysqmail-dovecot-logger version 0.4.4 or superior. See http://gplhost.com/softwares-mysqmail.html for updates. SEE ALSO
qmail-send(3), syslog(3), logger(8) mysqmail-dovecot-logger(8)