Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Script to simulate hanging process Post 302235529 by Franklin52 on Friday 12th of September 2008 05:38:31 AM
Old 09-12-2008
Something like:

Code:
#!/bin/sh

while :
do
  sleep 1
done

Regards

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to tell if process is hanging

On Solaris 8.. 28166 user 3693M 2736M sleep 5 0 0:05.38 0.0% PROCESS/4 How can I tell if this process is doing anything or just hanging? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

can hanging perl process wipe out a directory?

Hi, This weekend i left a perl script running , I was running it in a remote machine. The machine seems to have been rebooted during the weekend. When i got back on monday the entire directory containing the script was wiped out. The process had been aborted. Nobody has access to the directory... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aboxilica
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script is hanging

Hello, I have the following shell script and when i execute, it keeps hanging and nothing happens Please let me know. Requirement is to read data from file and pass it to the sql and create files as shown. code /******** #!/bin/sh while read user.dat do echo "user = $1 email =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rakeshsr12
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

simulate session.getMaxInactiveInterval() in bash script

hi everyone, I have a question about the java object oriented function which to simulate in bash script... here is the function "session.getMaxInactiveInterval() / 60 " got any web can read this function? coz i need to simulate to bash script... Hope someone give me a suggestion... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ryanW
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Process Hanging

Hi! I have written a program three threads will be created to execute three different Sybase SQLs. so three thread will call a method runQuery. In run query again we create child process to execute the actuall SQL by connecting to the SQL. When I run the process first three threading working fine.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jramesh1
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

simulate linux shell using script

hi guys I was requested to create a script to simulate a linux shell so when the user opens linux he will get my linux menu with some options and one of those is a simulated linux shell this is my code #!/bin/ksh while do read whichcmd?"Enter Command: " $whichcmd ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kopper
5 Replies

7. Programming

Tool to simulate non-sequential disk I/O (simulate db file sequential read) in C POSIX

Writing a Tool to simulate non-sequential disk I/O (simulate db file sequential read) in C POSIX I have over the years come across the same issue a couple of times, and it normally is that the read speed on SAN is absolutely atrocious when doing non-sequential I/O to the disks. Problem being of... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vrghost
7 Replies

8. Solaris

How to simulate light weight process (LWP)?

Hello, We had a problem on a Solaris system (SunOS 5.10) that hit LWP limit and caused fork 11 error. Now we need to come up with a script to simulate and reproduce that scenario. What would be a simple and valid way to generate lots of Light Weight Processes? Thanks, Jay (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: seafan
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to simulate ''Esc'' keystroke in a bash shel script?

I am using Ubuntu 12.4 I am running the following script: ++++++++ #!/bin/bash while ; do xdotool mousemove 248 539 click 1 & sleep 3 done +++++++++ This moves the mouse on the specified position on the screen and clicks that pauses the script for 3 seconds and repeats the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alfarnume
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wget script to simulate real user visits

so i'm using the following script to attempt to simulate a user visiting a page but unfortunately, it doesn't look like this is working: wget -nv -r "http://www.mywebsite.com" does anyone have a better idea of how to do this? the goal here is to run a wget command from a linux host to a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
3 Replies
AIRPORT2-IPINSPECTOR(1) 				      General Commands Manual					   AIRPORT2-IPINSPECTOR(1)

NAME
airport2-ipinspector - WAN monitoring utility for the Apple AirPort Extreme Base Station ("Snow") SYNOPSIS
airport2-ipinspector DESCRIPTION
airport2-ipinspector monitors the WAN interface of the base station and sends an email notification whenever the external (WAN) IP address of the base station changes. OPTIONS
airport2-ipinspector accepts no command-line options. airport2-ipinspector is a wrapper script around the IPInspector.jar jar file located in /usr/share/java/airport-utils. You can set the JAVACMD environment variable to use a specific JVM instead of the one chosen by the wrapper script. Set the DEBUG environ- ment variable to 1 to get the debug output from the wrapper script. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
DEBUG Set this variable to 1 to get the debug output from the wrapper script. JAVACMD The full path to the Java Virtual Machine to use. By default, the wrapper uses JAVACMD; if it is not set, it looks for JAVA_BINDIR/java, then for JAVA_HOME/bin/java before looking for a java executable in the PATH. In the latter case, the JVM used can be configured using the Debian alternatives system (see update-alternatives(8)). JAVA_HOME The full path where your JDK/JRE is installed. JAVA_BINDIR The full path to the directory where the java executable is located. JAVA_ARGS Extra command-line arguments to be passed to the Java Virtual Machine. AUTHOR
airport2-ipinspector was written by Jon Sevy <jsevy@cs.drexel.edu>. This manual page was written by Julien BLACHE <jblache@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). May 20, 2006 AIRPORT2-IPINSPECTOR(1)