Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need assistance with appending strings using sed and variables Post 302235245 by vidyadhar85 on Thursday 11th of September 2008 12:22:56 PM
Old 09-11-2008
whats the problem??

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

appending strings in the files

I have some files created by a process in UNIX. I wanted to do some file processing: 1. I want to append a string "EOF" as the first word on the last line of all the files except the last file. 2.Similarly, I want to append "BOF" string as the first word to all the files except the first... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaylak
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

appending strings to variable

is it possible? as i keep reading a file, i want one particular variable to keep storing the line that i've read so far (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: finalight
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

appending strings

Hi , while trying to append two strings, it is not properly coming. my code will be like this str1=_TrackingEAR srt2=1.0.0-20080523.155438-12 i am trying to build str3=$str1$str2.tgz but it is appending the last value ot the begingin of the string , but i expect to the end of the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scorpio
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Appending variables

Hi, I'm having a problem with something I can't really figure out by myself. I've tried to do it with a for loop, but I'm pretty sure it won't work, if I'm not mistaken. Basically, what I'm trying to do is test some variables and if any of them is not empty, add the values of these variables... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mutex1
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

appending two strings

Hi, I have a small doubt. Here is the code snippet for which the output that I'm getting are a bit surprising. testing.sh #!/bin/sh arg_1=$1 echo "arg passed by user is:${arg_1}" mapping=`grep ${arg_1}= testing.conf | awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` echo "mapping is $mapping"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: badrimohanty
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace two character strings by two variables with sed command

Hello, I want to writte a script that replace two character strings by two variables with the command sed butmy solution doesn't work. I'm written this: sed "s/TTFactivevent/$TTFav/g && s/switchSLL/$SLL/g" templatefile. I want to replace TTFactivevent by the variable $TTFav, that is a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: POPO10
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need assistance with sed

Hi All, I need your assistance, I would like to replace all lines beginning with the word "begin" with the below text: Device | IPMB0-A | IPMB0-B Board Address |Sent SentErr %Errr |Sent SentErr ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dendany83
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need assistance with sed

Hi All, I need your assistance, I would like to replace all lines beginning with the word "begin" with the below text: Device | IPMB0-A | IPMB0-B Board Address |Sent SentErr %Errr |Sent SentErr ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dendany83
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed assistance

Hello everyone. I am trying to replace sprintf(buffer, "{\"id\":1,\"method\":\"mining.update_block\",\"params\":}\n", coinid, blockhash); with sprintf(buffer, "{\"id\":1,\"method\":\"mining.update_block\",\"params\":}\n", coinid, blockhash); this is the code I was trying but is... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: crombiecrunch
9 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Assistance to connect to servers via ssh once and collect various commands into separate variables

Hello, We use as bash script to connect to servers listed in an .csv file to issue commands against these servers and retrieve data to be saved in a .csv file. The data we want to collect is saved in variables. We issue an ssh command for each variable we want to capture. I'm thinking this is... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: greavette
9 Replies
REPORTER-RHTSUPPORT(1)						 LIBREPORT MANUAL					    REPORTER-RHTSUPPORT(1)

NAME
reporter-rhtsupport - Reports problem to RHTSupport. SYNOPSIS
reporter-rhtsupport [-v] [-c CONFFILE] -d DIR Or: reporter-rhtsupport [-v] [-c CONFFILE] [-d DIR] -t[ID] FILE... DESCRIPTION
The tool reads problem directory DIR. Then it logs in to RHTSupport and creates a new case. The URL to new case is printed to stdout and recorded in reported_to element in DIR. If not specified, CONFFILE defaults to /etc/libreport/plugins/rhtsupport.conf. Option -t uploads FILEs to the already created case on RHTSupport site. The case ID is retrieved from directory specified by -d DIR. If problem data in DIR was never reported to RHTSupport, upload will fail. Option -tCASE uploads FILEs to the case CASE on RHTSupport site. -d DIR is ignored. Configuration file Configuration file lines should have PARAM = VALUE format. The parameters are: Login Login to RHTSupport account. Password Password to RHTSupport account. URL HTTP(S) address. (default: https://api.access.redhat.com/rs) SSLVerify Use yes/true/on/1 to verify server's SSL certificate. (default: yes) Parameters can be overridden via $RHTSupport_PARAM environment variables. Integration with ABRT events reporter-rhtsupport can be used as an ABRT reporter. Example fragment for /etc/libreport/report_event.conf: # Report Python crashes EVENT=report_RHTSupport analyzer=Python reporter-rhtsupport -d . -c /etc/libreport/plugins/rhtsupport.conf OPTIONS
-d DIR Path to problem directory. -c CONFFILE Path to configuration file. -t[ID] Upload FILEs to the already created case on RHTSupport site. SEE ALSO
abrt_event.conf LIBREPORT 2.1.11 06/18/2014 REPORTER-RHTSUPPORT(1)