Sponsored Content
Special Forums Cybersecurity How to know when you've been hacked Post 302235121 by jedidiah on Thursday 11th of September 2008 08:00:06 AM
Old 09-11-2008
Wow, this is one good reading.

Thanks,
Vaibhav

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

pc hacked

Hi, i think someone has hacked my server, the following rules used to come which i haven't put. Please help me i couldnt find out how this rules are apply, i think someone has put an script which generates enables the rules. But after restarting the iptables everything seems to be working... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: naik_mit
0 Replies

2. Cybersecurity

Server hacked on known port

Hi, There is a recent case whereby it was reported that one of the production servers was hacked on port 1521. However, I am not sure how this was possible, as I checked that the OS firewall (iptables) is on : # /etc/init.d/iptables status Table: nat Chain PREROUTING (policy ACCEPT) num ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: anaigini45
7 Replies

3. Cybersecurity

Our system was hacked

Someone made a mistake, and left our router wide open, pointing all ports to a SCO 6.0.0 system. Within 24 hours, the following happened. The contents of all the files (except tar files) in three directories, one directory on each of three different file systems, were replaced with nulls. None... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgt
3 Replies
fstopgm(1)						      General Commands Manual							fstopgm(1)

NAME
fstopgm - convert a Usenix FaceSaver(tm) file into a portable graymap SYNOPSIS
fstopgm [fsfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a Usenix FaceSaver(tm) file as input. Produces a portable graymap as output. FaceSaver(tm) files sometimes have rectangular pixels. While fstopgm won't re-scale them into square pixels for you, it will give you the precise pnmscale command that will do the job. Because of this, reading a FaceSaver(tm) image is a two-step process. First you do: fstopgm > /dev/null This will tell you whether you need to use pnmscale. Then use one of the following pipelines: fstopgm | pgmnorm fstopgm | pnmscale -whatever | pgmnorm To go to PBM, you want something more like one of these: fstopgm | pnmenlarge 3 | pgmnorm | pgmtopbm fstopgm | pnmenlarge 3 | pnmscale <whatever> | pgmnorm | pgmtopbm You want to enlarge when going to a bitmap because otherwise you lose information; but enlarging by more than 3 does not look good. FaceSaver is a registered trademark of Metron Computerware Ltd. of Oakland, CA. SEE ALSO
pgmtofs(1), pgm(5), pgmnorm(1), pnmenlarge(1), pnmscale(1), pgmtopbm(1) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1989 by Jef Poskanzer. 06 April 89 fstopgm(1)