Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Passing arrays between functions Post 302235059 by yoavbe on Thursday 11th of September 2008 05:06:39 AM
Old 09-11-2008
Hi Franklin,
Its worked !
Thanks again .

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing arrays to oracle from unix

Hi all Iam trying to send an array to oracle procedure from unix. Iam writing a program in K Shell to pass this array to oracle. Is it possible. Please advice thanks Krishna (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishnasai
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing command line parameters to functions - sh

All, I have a sh script of the following tune: function a () { #functionality.. } function b () { #functionnlity.. } function check () { # this function checks for env and if all fine call build } function usage () { #sh usage details } function build () { #calls either a or b or... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vino
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing arrays to oracle from unix

Hi all... Im looking to pass the contents of a simple file to Oracle so that it can be stored in a database table. The best way i can think of to avoid overhead is to loop through the contents of the file and store the data in a bash array. then the array can be passed to SQL Plus where... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: satnamx
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl functions and arrays

Hi, First I will tell my objective of this function (function one). I have a table for ex: id passwd name -- ------ ----- 1 fdhgfs werwer 2 fsdfs sdfsdf 3 sdfs sdfsdf 4 fdsfs dssdf . . . . . . The id, passwd and name are the arguments for another function say two. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mercuryshipzz
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl - passing hash references to functions

hi there I have the following script in which i have created a PrintHash() function. I want to pass to this function the reference to a hash (in the final code i will be passing different hashes to this print function hence the need for a function). I am getting an error Type of arg 1 to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing array to functions in ksh script

Let me know if there is a way to pass array to a funtion in ksh script. function isPresent { typeset member member=$1 dbList=$2 echo '$1:' $1 echo '$2' $dbList The array will be at the second position....something like this isPresent 12 <array> if then echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasperl
3 Replies

7. Programming

Passing an instance of struct to functions in other src files

I am trying to work out the best syntax for a relatively simple operation. The goal is to declare an instance of a struct and pass it around to be populated and have the data manipulated. There is an extra wrinkle in that the functions are in different src files. The main is simple, #include... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Arrays and functions

Hi Guys! I need to solve this. I want an array to be created by a certain calculation for which I created a function. Now this array is not getting created. See script below I want array b to be the factorial value of array element a. Help is needed. Thanks! #!/bin/bash echo "Number of... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: ambijat
17 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Python passing multiple parameters to functions

Hi, I am a beginner in python programming. In my python script have a main function which calls several other functions. The main function gets its input by reading lines from a input text file. I call the main function for every line in input text file through a loop. def main(line): var1... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ctrld
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh While Loop - passing variables to functions

I'm reading a text file using a while loop but when I call a function from within this loop it exits that same iteration … even though there are many more lines in the file to be read. I thought it was something to do with the IFS setting but it appears that a function call (when run... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: user052009
3 Replies
GPLIB(1)							Linux user's manual							  GPLIB(1)

NAME
gplib - GNU PIC librarian SYNOPSIS
gplib [options] library [member] WARNING
The information in this man page is an extract from the full documentation of gputils and is limited to the meaning of the options. For complete and current documentation, refer to "gputils.ps" located in the gputils docs directory. DESCRIPTION
gplib creates, modifies, and extracts from COFF archives for Microchip (TM) PIC (TM) micro-controllers. gplib is part of gputils. Check the gputils(1) manpage for details on other GNU PIC utilities. OPTIONS
-c, --create Create a new library. -d, --delete Delete member from library. -h, --help Show the usage message. -n, --no-index Don't add symbol index. -q, --quiet Quiet mode. -r, --replace Add or replace member from library. -s, --symbols List global symbols in library. -t, --list List members in library. -v, --version Show the version. -x, --extract Extract member from library. SEE ALSO
gputils(1) AUTHOR
Craig Franklin <craigfranklin@users.sourceforge.net> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005 Craig Franklin This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MER- CHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 675 Mass Ave, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA. gputils-0.13.7 2007-10-27 GPLIB(1)