Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Security or Necessary patches Post 302235003 by flekzout on Thursday 11th of September 2008 01:58:36 AM
Old 09-11-2008
@^: hi thanks for shed some light on.. hehehe.. btw for RH is it up2date will show the list of the previous patches that have been installed in the machine? or ?

because before I install the patches.. I need to check what is the current patch that I had on my machine.

Thanks..

Last edited by flekzout; 09-11-2008 at 03:33 AM..

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Linux security patches

Hi all, :) I'm quite new with installation of security patches in Linux Redhat Enterprise, here's my question. I have 2 machine of this RHEL(never patch before) since it never connects directly to the internet(block by firewall) and I want to update the patches now because my boss asked me to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: flekzout
1 Replies

2. Red Hat

RHEL Security Patches

Hi all, :) I'm quite new with installation of security patches in Linux Redhat Enterprise, here's my question. I have 2 machine of this RHEL(never patch before) since it never connects directly to the internet(block by firewall) and I want to update the patches now because my boss asked me to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: flekzout
2 Replies

3. Solaris

OS patches

Hi all, I am working on SUN-fire server solaris-10 How to find out what & how much " OS patches " installed on it?? plz help me out .:( (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabh84g
3 Replies

4. Solaris

OS Patches

Hi, Please let me know how to check all the opearating system patches that were applied on an Sun Solaris machine. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jjoy
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

Regarding application of security patches RHEL 5.5

Hi Is there a direct way to apply a particular security advisory on the system. Presently we have certain security advisories to be applied which require installation of multiple rpms and their dependencies. These rpms as listed in the security advisory also mention that they have been... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sapanvas
0 Replies

6. AIX

List of Installed patches for AIX from given set of patches

I need to find out list of installed patches from given list of patches. I have tried using instfix -f <File containing list of patches> -i -c But I was not able to understand the output of this command. It was like below. bos.perf.tools: :0.0.0.0:?: bos.rte.libc: :0.0.0.0:?: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Saurabh Agrawal
4 Replies

7. Red Hat

How do I install security patches with no internet access?

Hi, I'm pretty new to Linux and I want to download security patches and install them on RHEL 5.4. I've searched the red hat web site but cant seem to find where the download link is. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jardoo
5 Replies

8. AIX

Need command to find missing operating system security patches

Hi, Need a command to find out Missing operating system patches for AIX 7.1 or a command to list down all installed patches. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mona Khandelwal
1 Replies
STG-PUSH(1)							   StGit Manual 						       STG-PUSH(1)

NAME
stg-push - Push one or more patches onto the stack SYNOPSIS
stg push [options] [<patch1>] [<patch2>] [<patch3>..<patch4>] DESCRIPTION
Push one or more patches (defaulting to the first unapplied one) onto the stack. The push operation allows patch reordering by commuting them with the three-way merge algorithm. If there are conflicts while pushing a patch, those conflicts are written to the work tree, and the command halts. Conflicts raised during the push operation have to be fixed and the git add --update command run (alternatively, you may undo the conflicting push with stg undo). The command also notifies when the patch becomes empty (fully merged upstream) or is modified (three-way merged) by the push operation. OPTIONS
-a, --all Push all the unapplied patches. -n NUMBER, --number NUMBER Push the specified number of patches. --reverse Push the patches in reverse order. --set-tree Push the patches, but don't perform a merge. Instead, the resulting tree will be identical to the tree that the patch previously created. This can be useful when splitting a patch by first popping the patch and creating a new patch with some of the changes. Pushing the original patch with --set-tree will avoid conflicts and only the remaining changes will be in the patch. -k, --keep Keep the local changes. -m, --merged Check for patches merged upstream. STGIT
Part of the StGit suite - see linkman:stg[1] StGit 03/13/2012 STG-PUSH(1)