Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: mod_perl with apache
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications mod_perl with apache Post 302234885 by csgonan on Wednesday 10th of September 2008 04:31:48 PM
Old 09-10-2008
mod_perl with apache

I think this is more of a application question than a scripting question.

On a solaris 8 server with Apache 2.6 and perl 5.8.8, we have an html/javascript file that uses HTTP Post to a perl script. The perl script sends data back via HTTP get to a redirected HTML file. The HTML file strips off data from the command line of the URL (suff after the "?") and then posts more data to the perl script until all of the data it needs is retreived. This works fine in perl without mod-perl enabled, but loops in modperl, as if the initial connection for the first request is still open and the same data is being endlessly sent back. This happens on later versions of Solaris as well.

We did find that after what seems like many interations of the looping, the data finally get processed and the subsequent screen appears, but that is after a minute at least. When not using mod_perl, this doesn't happen. The developer wanted to put in a "wait" type command to see if that worked, but it did not make a difference.

Has anyone seen this type of behavior?

Thank you very much

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Apache

I want to have multiple domains to be configured in apache web server on redhat linux Please help me Vijay (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vijayanand
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

apache mod_perl

how do i get a mod_perl for apache on a win98 box ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: perleo
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mod_perl & Apache::AuthenNTLM

has anyone used these? i am useing Apache 2 and mod_perl 1.99_12. (the latest for both) <Location /test> PerlAuthenHandler Apache::AuthenNTLM AuthType ntlm require valid-user PerlAddVar ntdomain "CONWAY QGATS006 CNFQS022" PerlSetVar defaultdomain CONWAY PerlSetVar ntlmdegub 2... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Optimus_P
1 Replies

4. BSD

Installation of mod_perl

Hello I need somebody help me! for mod_perl installation i cant even get configuration over yet till now error message is "aborted line 36 in Makefile.PL" my OS is freebsd4.6 and apache2.2,perl5.8.8 is installed i use mod_perl-2.0.2 and move directory then type below $ perl Makefile.PL... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: antoniozacca
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mod_perl install help on solaris 9

Hello, I'm trying to install mod_perl on solaris 9, but I get an error. It seems to complain about my c compiler, but I may be wrong. If it is, I already defined the path to my c complier, which is gcc. Please advise. #cd /usr/src/mod_perl-1.29 #perl Makefile.PL... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xnightcrawl
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Mod_Perl and Apache22

I am running FreeBsd 6.1 and I installed mod_perl2 using ports but it still isn't loading into apache. What do I have to do to get mod_perl to load in apache??????????? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rbizzell
1 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

Error While installing Mod_perl

Hi All, I am installing mod_perl in my machine but getting some error below is the procedures which I followed for installing the mod_perl Step1 : perl Makefile.PL MP_APR_CONFIG=/usr/local/apache2/bin/ asked for apache path given : /usr/local/apache2 Step2: make Step 3: make test In... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacknicolson
2 Replies

8. Web Development

[SOLVED] mod_perl prints error 500 right on web page

only happens with mod_perl (AddHandler perl-script) with AddHandler cgi-script all is fine for some reason it adds this html-code on my error page: it's just like php-error report it happens when user does a mistake in form he gets error page when i use cgi-method there's just error... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tip78
0 Replies

9. Web Development

Apache module development on apache 2.2

Hi, I'm new to developing modules for Apache. I understand the basics now and can develop something simple which allows a 'GET' request to happen, but what I want to do is actually 'POST' information to my site. I know the basic POST Request works and I can see that it is post by looking at... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fishman2001
2 Replies

10. Red Hat

Process not running: /opt/java15/jdk/bin/java -classpath /opt/apache/apache-ant-1.7.0-mod/lib/ant-la

Have no idea on what the below error message is: Process not running: /opt/java15/jdk/bin/java -classpath /opt/apache/apache-ant-1.7.0-mod/lib/ant-launcher.jar org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher -buildfile build.xml dist. Any help? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gull05
3 Replies
HTTP::Proxy::BodyFilter::htmltext(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		    HTTP::Proxy::BodyFilter::htmltext(3pm)

NAME
HTTP::Proxy::BodyFilter::htmltext - A filter to transmogrify HTML text SYNOPSIS
use HTTP::Proxy::BodyFilter::tags; use HTTP::Proxy::BodyFilter::htmltext; # could it be any simpler? $proxy->push_filter( mime => 'text/html', response => HTTP::Proxy::BodyFilter::tags->new, response => HTTP::Proxy::BodyFilter::htmltext->new( sub { tr/a-zA-z/n-za-mN-ZA-M/ } ) ); DESCRIPTION
The HTTP::Proxy::BodyFilter::htmltext is a filter spawner that calls the callback of your choice on any HTML text (outside "<script>" and "<style>" tags, and entities). The subroutine should modify the content of $_ as it sees fit. Simple, and terribly efficient. METHODS
The filter defines the following methods, called automatically: init() Ensures that the filter is initialised with a CODE reference. begin() Per page parser initialisation. filter() A simple HTML parser that runs the given callback on the text contained in the HTML data. Please look at HTTP::Proxy::BodyFilter::htmlparser if you need something more elaborate. SEE ALSO
HTTP::Proxy, HTTP::Proxy::BodyFilter, HTTP::Proxy::BodyFilter::htmlparser. AUTHOR
Philippe "BooK" Bruhat, <book@cpan.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2003-2005, Philippe Bruhat. LICENSE
This module is free software; you can redistribute it or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.12.4 2011-07-03 HTTP::Proxy::BodyFilter::htmltext(3pm)