Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: hi friends..........
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting hi friends.......... Post 302234765 by broli on Wednesday 10th of September 2008 09:17:09 AM
Old 09-10-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by newson
plz tell me how will i use this code
type it in the shell and press enter.
i recomend you to read the manpage for find.
sopecificly the topcis about -type and -exec

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

hi friends

i have been in trouble please help me out i have developed a message queue.it is a simple message queue program after running it give error like NO SPACE LEFT ON DEVICE what is this error how could i solve this problem i am working on solaris9.2 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramneek
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

hi friends....

hi friend i am facing problem in taking input from a file to the variable .. read fname if then cd $fname pwd ls > new_temp1 cat new_temp1 fi terminal=`tty` exec < $new_temp1 while read line do echo $line done exec < $terminal (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newson
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

hello friends

:confused: i'am new to this unix environment.can any one give guidence in how to c programs for inter communication process (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shaffiullabaig
4 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Time to have FUN my Unix/Linux friends...(One liners)...MUST read.. !!

As a mind refresher, I was thinking to start a new thread for ONE LINERS....funny/weird or any technical one liners.... Let me start first...... ================================= #!/bin/ssh #The Unix Guru's View of Sex unzip ; strip ; touch ; grep ; finger ; mount ; fsck ; more ; yes ;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rahulpict
3 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

You Want to Spend Time with Friends and Family a UNIX.com Cartoon Explainer

Well, this was kinda fun and different: You Want to Spend Time with Friends and Family a UNIX.com Cartoon Explainer https://youtu.be/6jPDpuxI2OA You want to spend time with friends and family. But you are stuck on some problem... Your Linux or Unix code is buggy and you don't know... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Neo
1 Replies
ppmtopgm(1)                                                   General Commands Manual                                                  ppmtopgm(1)

NAME
ppmtopgm - convert a portable pixmap into a portable graymap SYNOPSIS
ppmtopgm [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces a portable graymap as output. The output is a "black and white" rendering of the original image, as in a black and white photograph. The quantization formula used is .299 r + .587 g + .114 b. Note that although there is a pgmtoppm program, it is not necessary for simple conversions from pgm to ppm , because any ppm program can read pgm (and pbm ) files automatically. pgmtoppm is for colorizing a pgm file. Also, see ppmtorgb3 for a different way of converting color to gray. And ppmdist generates a grayscale image from a color image, but in a way that makes it easy to differentiate the original colors, not necessarily a way that looks like a black and white photograph. QUOTE
Cold-hearted orb that rules the night Removes the colors from our sight Red is gray, and yellow white But we decide which is right And which is a quantization error. SEE ALSO
pgmtoppm(1),ppmtorgb3(1),rgb3toppm(1),ppmdist(1),ppm(5),pgm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1989 by Jef Poskanzer. 10 April 2000 ppmtopgm(1)