Sponsored Content
Special Forums News, Links, Events and Announcements Software Releases - RSS News Linux LiveCD Router 2.0.32 (Default Router branch) Post 302234755 by Linux Bot on Wednesday 10th of September 2008 09:00:02 AM
Old 09-10-2008
Linux LiveCD Router 2.0.32 (Default Router branch)

Image Linux LiveCD Router turns any old PC into a router, firewall, QoS traffic control, and VPN appliance and lets you speed up your Internet connection. It does not require installation and supports inexpensive hardware such as USB and PCMCIA WiFi and Ethernet cards. License: GNU General Public License (GPL) Changes:
This release updates iptables to version 1.4.0, and shorewall firewall to version 3.4.8. It updates support for multi-ISP, packet shaping, and traffic control in shorewall. The old wondershaper script can still be used as an option. Image

More...

We Also Found This Discussion For You

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remote Unix printing to my WinXP works with no router. How can I make it work through my router?

I set up remote printing on a clients Unix server to my Windows XP USB printer. My USB printer is connected directly to my PC (no print server and no network input on printer). With my Win XP PC connected to my cable modem (without the router), i can do lp -dhp842c /etc/hosts and it prints. I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmhohne
7 Replies
SHOREWALL-VARDIR(5)						  [FIXME: manual]					       SHOREWALL-VARDIR(5)

NAME
vardir - Shorewall file SYNOPSIS
/etc/shorewall/vardir DESCRIPTION
This file does not exist by default. You may create the file if you want to change the directory used by Shorewall to store state information, including compiled firewall scripts. By default, the directory used is /var/lib/shorewall/. The file contains a single variable assignment: VARDIR=directory where directory is the name of a directory. If you add this file, you should copy the files from /var/lib/shorewall to the new directory before performing a shorewall restart. EXAMPLE
VARDIR=/root/shorewall FILES
/etc/shorewall/vardir SEE ALSO
shorewall(8), shorewall-accounting(5), shorewall-actions(5), shorewall-blacklist(5), shorewall-hosts(5), shorewall_interfaces(5), shorewall-ipsets(5), shorewall-maclist(5), shorewall-masq(5), shorewall-nat(5), shorewall-netmap(5), shorewall-params(5), shorewall-policy(5), shorewall-providers(5), shorewall-proxyarp(5), shorewall-rtrules(5), shorewall-routestopped(5), shorewall-rules(5), shorewall.conf(5), shorewall-secmarks(5), shorewall-tcclasses(5), shorewall-tcdevices(5), shorewall-tcrules(5), shorewall-tos(5), shorewall-tunnels(5), shorewall-zones(5) [FIXME: source] 06/28/2012 SHOREWALL-VARDIR(5)