Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: unable to xterm
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers unable to xterm Post 302234703 by vbe on Wednesday 10th of September 2008 06:52:58 AM
Old 09-10-2008
putty only is an terminal emulator and does not do X, although if it finds a one knows how to send to it...
So I should understand you are using putty and have exceed on your pc then?

Other products:
e.g. RealVNC - RealVNC remote control software

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Xterm

Guys: Anyone have ideas on where can I get information or references if I want to learn on how to program with UNIX GUIs? If you do have ideas please let me know. Its a big help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jfsuminist
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

xterm

Would someone tell me how to save changes in xterm once I've made them using the program options? For example, I type: xterm -bg red and my console window changes color. But how can I now make this attribute save, so that it becomes the default when I relaunch xterm? Any help you can offer... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: af6
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

xterm?

Hello all, This is a lame question because I have been working with unix for some years now, but anyway here it is; What is an xterm? ivo (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ivo
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Redirect Xterm

I am using a program that opens up an Xterm window, where the simulation running sends a lot of messages to. I would like to keep these messages, but I guess the buffer size is not large enough to show all of them, they get truncated. So my questions are: 1. How can I redirect the messages... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: barisgultekin
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

xterm help?

I want to add a title to this xterm window but cannot figure out how. Can anybody assist with this? xterm +sb -geom 80x25 -ls -tn xterms -tm "intr ^q" -name unikix -e $UNIKIX/bin/unikixl (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: douknownam
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

xterm

hi I'm trying to launch admintool via an export DISPLAY. that is i am doing a rlogin to serverB from serverA. i did the command export DISPLAY=serverA:0 but it prompted me the error DISPLAY=serverA:0: is not an identifier i have searched the forum but there is not much things on this error... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: legato
3 Replies

7. Solaris

right scrollbar on xterm

I'm using exceed on a Windows PC to open a xterm to my SunOs 5.8 system. Everything works fine except for one thing, I can't have my scrollbar on the right side of the xterm windows. Here's a copy of my .Xdefaults file: # xterm xterm*loginShell: True xterm*background: black... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ce9888
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

xterm console

Is it possible to connect an xterm session to the console .. ie. `tty` returns /dev/console from a script (Ksh)? (Execute script within an xterm) If so, how? (I take it that C-shell is not possible) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreyes27
2 Replies

9. Slackware

xterm problem?

My understanding is that /usr/share/terminfo/x/ is populated from a standard set of files and not by compiling, i.e. tic, termcaps. I am getting from both regular user and root when issuing: man tic ------> WARNING: terminal is not fully functional tset -q --------> xterm: unknown terminal type... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: slak0
2 Replies

10. Red Hat

Unable to get a Xterm or X app to appear under a Linux Gnome Desktop

I want to have a xterm or xapplication from a Solaris client to appear on my RHEL Server running GNOME desktop. It may sound easy at first but, I have done the basics and I be stuck. Have Tried: Linux - logged in as root, open a Terminal and did a echo $DISPLAY and it reports back :0.0 I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrmurdock
7 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences compared to the "URI" class interface exist: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclasses of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path; same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc; same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery; same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components; same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters). o $url->params and $url->eparams methods. o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag; same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords; same as $uri->query_keywords; o $url->localpath with friends map to $uri->file o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr; same as $uri->to for mailto URI. o $url->groupart method for news URI. o $url->article; same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.8.0 2002-05-09 URI::URL(3)