Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Server Setup
Operating Systems Linux Gentoo Server Setup Post 302234667 by sad_angle on Wednesday 10th of September 2008 04:58:18 AM
Old 09-10-2008
look into Beowulf

Looks like a hardware resources question, not software.

Try Linux cluster "Beowulf", the core engine of Google.

Beowulf is a multi-computer architecture which can be used for parallel computations. It is a system which usually consists of one server node, and one or more client nodes connected together via Ethernet or some other network

The site beowulf dot org lists many web pages about Beowulf systems built by individuals and organizations.

my 2 cents

Good luck

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to setup an FTP server?

i want setup an ftp server on my homelab now i downloaded resource management book from sun there it shows you how to make the entry in the inet.d.conf file also how to control ftp access but how do u actually set it up? say like i want certain file to be obtain through ftp how do i do that? oh... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rmuhammad
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

setup a DNS server for my redhat server

Using Redhat Linux Enterprise AS 4 can someone teach me how to setup a dns server for my webserver? i've registered a domainname at mydomain.com but when i type in the domain i register i cannot enter to my webserver. someone told me that it is related with the DNS setting on my server. i've... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaixiang88
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

How To Setup Ftp Server

Hi, I'm planning to setup ftp server but I dont have yet what platform i'll be using. I think what ever flavor it is it will go in the same approach right, anyway I just would like to ask how to setup ftp in unix I know too many of here alraedy done with it. Thanks in advance. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: eykyn17
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ntp server setup

Not connected to the internet so I would like to set up 1 unix machine to be the ntp server and have it sync time to about 30 other machines that are all on an private 10net network?:confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: parrisjr
3 Replies

5. AIX

NIM server setup on etherchannel setup environment

I know that IBM's official stance is that NIM does not work on etherchannel environment, but has anyone able to get around it? I'm working on a p5-590 LPAR system, and the NIM master and clients are all on the same frame. Any help is appreciated. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pdtak
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ftp server setup help

Hello all, Am in the process of setting up ftp server in my RHEL3 box. Here is where I downloaded the vsftp server ftp://scary.beasts.org/users/cevans/vsftpd-2.1.1pre1.tar.gz ftp server daemon is running fine, accepting connections from client but the issue is that 'user' I specifically... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: matrixmadhan
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Running setup on a new server

I have a newly built Solaris 10 server that I want to install Sun One web server. After building the server I use FTP to copy over the web server installation files into a directory I created (/usr/local/software/JES/6.1sp8). I run ./setup and get this. bash: ./setup: Permission denied I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsander
7 Replies

8. Solaris

DNS Server setup

I am trying to setup DNS server in Solaris 10. I have two blade 1500 system and want to setup two name server I would like to start setting up DNS. appreciate your help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mnathan
1 Replies

9. IP Networking

[ASK] How to setup portfw to server behind another server

Hi Experts, I was trying to find some documentations about this but seems I'm not good enough to find that one, so I'm seeking a help from the expert here. I have 3 Solaris Server and the diagram as follow: My PC => ---------------------- I was able to setup port forwarding to Server... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: AdziE
0 Replies

10. IP Networking

Server setup for multiple IP routing?

Hey there, I am a network administrator of a student dorm. Me and my team (we do this in our spare time) have the task to upgrade and rebuild our dorm intern network. But unfortunately we don't have that much experience with server setup and ip-routing and stuff. So here is the topic I want to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrgruen
8 Replies
ccr(8)							      System Manager's Manual							    ccr(8)

Name
       ccr - remote console carrier requester

Syntax
       ccr [ options ] node

Description
       The  command  establishes  a logical connection between your ULTRIX system and the console carrier server on a remote system.  enables your
       terminal to act as the console for a remote unattended system.  For example, your terminal can act as the console for  a  Digital  Ethernet
       Communications Server (DECSA) and its resident software.  The node is the name or address of the target node.  A node name consists of from
       one to six alphanumeric characters.  A node address consist of two decimal integers (n.n), where the first  indicates  the  network  number
       (1-63), and the second indicates the node address (1-1023).

You  can  use  to  force  a  crash if a server node becomes unresponsive.  To determine how to force a crash, see the documentation for the
       respective server product.

The requirements for using are as follows:

o   The host node (that is, your local ULTRIX node) and the remote node must be on the same Ethernet.

o   If your server product is a DECSA, the console carrier server image (plutocc.sys) and its loader file (plutowl.sys) must be located	in
	   on  your  ULTRIX node. The pluocc.sys and plutowl.sys files are not need, nor is any loading done for other servers.  For more details,
	   see the installation guide for the particular server product.

<CTRL/D> exits from console carrier mode and terminates

Options
       -c   Uses the specified circuit to connect to the target node.

-h   Uses the specified address (next argument) as the Ethernet address of the target node.

-n   Uses the next argument as the target node ID.

-p   Uses the specified service password (next arguments) in accessing the target node.

Examples
       # /etc/ccr -c qna-0 -n dallas <RET>
       ccr: Remote console reserved
       <CTRL/D>
       ccr: Remote console released
       #

Restrictions
       You must have superuser privileges to run

Diagnostics
       The command can return the following diagnostic messages:

ccr: Remote console reserved
       The command has successfully connected to the remote console server and your terminal is now capable of acting as a console for the  remote
       node.

ccr: Remote console released
       Your connection with the remote console server has been terminated and you are no longer in console carrier mode.

ccr: Remote console already in use
       The remote console server that you are attempting to connect to is already reserved by another user.

ccr: Permission denied
       You do not have the necessary privileges to run (You must be a superuser.)

ccr: Hardware address required
       The  command  is unable to locate the hardware address of the remote node to which you are attempting to connect.  A remote node's hardware
       address must be defined either in the command line, or in its nodes database entry.  (Nodes database entries are defined with the command.)

ccr: No node entry in database
       The command does not recognize the remote node to which you are attempting to connect, since the node-id that you specified is not  defined
       in the nodes database.  (Nodes database entries are defined with the command.)

Files
       Console carrier server image

Console carrier server loader

See Also
       addnode(8), getnode(8), load(8), remnode(8), trigger(8)
       Guide to Local Transport Servers

ccr(8)