Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Number of used inodes..?
Operating Systems Solaris Number of used inodes..? Post 302234654 by younus_syed on Wednesday 10th of September 2008 04:12:14 AM
Old 09-10-2008
Number of used inodes..?

Hello Experts

How can i know Number of used and free inodes in a file system?

thanx in advance..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

INodes...

Could someone please explain to me the concept of INodes? Colour me a DOS/MacOS junkie, but I don't quite understand. Is there any relation to clusters, or physical distro.? ty. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: boris888
3 Replies

2. Solaris

inodes???

Does anyone know what command I can run to check how many inodes are in use on a specific filesystem. On Data General servers I used to run the df -k command to check the status of the inodes for all file system.s (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: soliberus
1 Replies

3. Solaris

inodes

hi i need to find all the files that r linked to the current file as i need to delete the file as well as few of its links :confused: thnx in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: livemyway
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

inodes

how is the location of inodes in the physical disk. are they sequential like: bootblock|superblock|inode1|inode2| ....| datablock1|datablock2|datablock3 or are they distributed among data blocks like: bootblock|superblock|inode1|datablock1|inode2|datablock2|datablock3|inode3 |datablock4 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gfhgfnhhn
3 Replies

5. Linux

Inodes

Any good sites, tutorials that explain Inodes clearly and completely ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitin09
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Increasing inodes

Hi , Can someone help me to increase "inode" in solaris 9? Thanks in advance, Gowtham (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: gowthamakanthan
8 Replies

7. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

inodes

Hi, sorry to have written in other language i think i could do that. I would to know A file system use inodes indexed allocation as a method of allocating space. In the inode blocks are 10 references to direct, 1 indirect reference to a single block, 1 block indirect reference to a reference to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maryprin
1 Replies

8. Solaris

/var: out of inodes

Dear Forum, Please help me i have SUNW,Sun-Fire-V240 with sun solaris 8,if i check inode in /var like below: # df -F ufs -o i Filesystem iused ifree %iused Mounted on /dev/md/dsk/d0 62354 310638 17% / /dev/md/dsk/d3 372992 0 100% /var... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fredginting
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help with Inodes please

How can i trace Inode structure and modify it in UNIX kernel? We want to change the inode structure in the sense that we want to add a new field to the inode data structure. So we want to know how and where to trace inode (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Group_Inode
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Maximum inodes

Hi, Is there a restriction in the number of inodes a particular directory can have in Solaris. If so how can we determine that. Regards (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: @bhi
3 Replies
USTAT(2)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							  USTAT(2)

NAME
ustat - get filesystem statistics SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/types.h> #include <unistd.h> /* libc[45] */ #include <ustat.h> /* glibc2 */ int ustat(dev_t dev, struct ustat *ubuf); DESCRIPTION
ustat() returns information about a mounted filesystem. dev is a device number identifying a device containing a mounted filesystem. ubuf is a pointer to a ustat structure that contains the following members: daddr_t f_tfree; /* Total free blocks */ ino_t f_tinode; /* Number of free inodes */ char f_fname[6]; /* Filsys name */ char f_fpack[6]; /* Filsys pack name */ The last two fields, f_fname and f_fpack, are not implemented and will always be filled with null bytes (''). RETURN VALUE
On success, zero is returned and the ustat structure pointed to by ubuf will be filled in. On error, -1 is returned, and errno is set appropriately. ERRORS
EFAULT ubuf points outside of your accessible address space. EINVAL dev does not refer to a device containing a mounted filesystem. ENOSYS The mounted filesystem referenced by dev does not support this operation, or any version of Linux before 1.3.16. CONFORMING TO
SVr4. NOTES
ustat() is deprecated and has been provided only for compatibility. All new programs should use statfs(2) instead. HP-UX notes The HP-UX version of the ustat structure has an additional field, f_blksize, that is unknown elsewhere. HP-UX warns: For some filesystems, the number of free inodes does not change. Such filesystems will return -1 in the field f_tinode. For some filesystems, inodes are dynam- ically allocated. Such filesystems will return the current number of free inodes. SEE ALSO
stat(2), statfs(2) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 4.15 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, information about reporting bugs, and the latest version of this page, can be found at https://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. Linux 2017-09-15 USTAT(2)