Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How can i see kernel patch version? Post 302234653 by younus_syed on Wednesday 10th of September 2008 04:05:53 AM
Old 09-10-2008
Thanx experts giving me good information.

Imagine I haven't applied any patch yet. What type of error messages will i get ? Is there any performance degradation ? How would i know whether apply or not?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

How to disply the patch version ?!

Hi , I need to collect all information about the patches in my server , I want to know what is the required patch and how to apply it. Regards (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ArabOracle.com
2 Replies

2. Linux

kernel patch update how to

Hi All, I need to update my redhatas4 kernel with kernel-2.6.9-67.0.20.EL.src.rpm. When I run this # rpm -ivh kernel-2.6.9-67.0.20.EL.src.rpm warning: user brewbuilder does not exist - using root warning: group brewbuilder does not exist - using root warning: user brewbuilder does... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
2 Replies

3. High Performance Computing

veritas cluster with kernel patch update

hi all, can someone please share their process on how to kernel patch a red hat ent 4 with veritas cluster 5? it's compose of a primary and backup node. the resources are db, disk, nic. it doesn't need to be detail, just give me the steps like: login to the backup node and update the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Issue with kernel patch installation...

I tried to install the kernel patch 118855-36 in my x86 machine which has Solaris 10 installed. Find below the error message.... #patchadd 118855-36 Checking patches that you specified for installation. Done! Approved patches will be installed in this order: 118855-36 Executing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: paventhan
1 Replies

5. Linux

How to get installed kernel patch info

Hi I want to get the info about which version of kernel patchs are installed in my system. I am using susu10. Rgds, ashokd009 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ashokd009
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

Command to know the Patch Version

Hi, Is there any command to know the patch version?Suppose i installed RTlinux patch in rethat linux.How can i know the patch version installed?Any helps appreciated. Thanks, Sathi. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sathiyaraj V
2 Replies

7. SuSE

How to Patch SuSe machine including Kernel.

Thanks guys I have machines running SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 I need to update the Kernel too..... Any suggestion on how to proceed? Thanks a lot... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: OptimusPrime1
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Kernel Patch level of ABE.

Hi, Anyone able to advise on how to find the kernel patch level of an ABE? showrev and uname -a will provide kernel patch details of the running environment, but how can I run these commands against the ABE or where do these commands get their information from i.e. is the kernel patch level... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: CiCa
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Appling Patch to kernel

Hello everybody, I have downloaded kernel version 3.10.21 and the same version of patch. the question is do I need to apply this patch which is the same version of kernel or is it intended for lower versions of kernel. thanks a lot (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vit0_Corleone
1 Replies

10. Debian

Applying patch for Samba version 4.1.17

The version of Samba in our billing server is 4.1.17-Debian. I have been reminded by our management to implement the patch for Samba on this server. However, I am not sure how to implement the patch. I have browsed some websites for the correct patch to implement for Samba 4.1.17, and the patch... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: anaigini45
11 Replies
FREEBSD-VERSION(1)					    BSD General Commands Manual 					FREEBSD-VERSION(1)

NAME
freebsd-version -- print the version and patch level of the installed system SYNOPSIS
freebsd-version [-ku] DESCRIPTION
The freebsd-version utility makes a best effort to determine the version and patch level of the installed kernel and / or userland. The following options are available: -k Print the version and patch level of the installed kernel. Unlike uname(1), if a new kernel has been installed but the system has not yet rebooted, freebsd-version will print the version and patch level of the new kernel. -u Print the version and patch level of the installed userland. These are hardcoded into freebsd-version during the build. If both -k and -u are specified, freebsd-version will print the kernel version first, then the userland version, on separate lines. If nei- ther is specified, it will print the userland version only. IMPLEMENTATION NOTES
The freebsd-version utility should provide the correct answer in the vast majority of cases, including on systems kept up-to-date using freebsd-update(8), which does not update the kernel version unless the kernel itself was affected by the latest patch. To determine the name (and hence the location) of a custom kernel, the freebsd-version utility will attempt to parse /boot/defaults/loader.conf and /boot/loader.conf, looking for definitions of the kernel and bootfile variables, both with a default value of ``kernel''. It may however fail to locate the correct kernel if either or both of these variables are defined in a non-standard location, such as in /boot/loader.rc. ENVIRONMENT
ROOT Path to the root of the filesystem in which to look for loader.conf and the kernel. EXAMPLES
To determine the version of the currently running userland: /bin/freebsd-version -u To inspect a system being repaired using a live CD: mount -rt ufs /dev/ada0p2 /mnt env ROOT=/mnt /mnt/bin/freebsd-version -ku SEE ALSO
uname(1), loader.conf(5), freebsd-version(8) HISTORY
The freebsd-version command appeared in FreeBSD 10.0. AUTHORS
The freebsd-version utility and this manual page were written by Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@FreeBSD.org>. BSD
October 5, 2013 BSD