Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users How to modify BASEDIR with request script? Post 302234536 by Annihilannic on Tuesday 9th of September 2008 10:03:08 PM
Old 09-09-2008
What kind of package? What operating system? What is the '$1' that this script is writing the output to?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modify Perl script to work with txt - Permissions script

Hi I have this code, and i want work with a ls -shalR output in .txt What i need read to do this?? Where start? #!/usr/bin/perl # Allrights- A perl tool for making backups of file permissions # Copyright (C) 2005 Norbert Klein <norbert@acodedb.com> # This program is free... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: joangopan
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Request to modify script to list multiple parameters for V_fieldid variable

I am posting a script below which essentially excutes the following functions in the described order. 1) From a source directory pools together three files generated by system logs for each user session, tar's these files and archives them as a log set in a destination directory and these... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sammy
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Using a request script

I am creating a package(Solaris10 on sparc) that needs user input. As I understand it, I need to use a request script. My problem is that the value I set in my request script is not visible in my postinstall script. Not sure if I am doing it right. Here is an example request script... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tornado
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please help to modify my script

Hi, I have a script which connect to ATM's and pull two files from the ATM. The which i try to pull is like PIC20085200001*.JPG First 7 digit consist of year montn and date as well After todays execution i want to change the date to next date I add few lines in the script but it is not... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Renjesh
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

lowercase basedir? get filename

Is there an equivalent of basedir in shell script? I have a file location and I want to lowercase just the filename not the path. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mainegate
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Solaris request script

Hi, In the request script I need to read user input and store to variable to use it later in postinstall script. e.g. LOGDIR=/app/log echo "Please type the Log Directory : (current value: $LOGDIR)" read LOGDIR When asked, if the user enters a value the parameter is ok and I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: potro
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how can I modify this script.

hello forum members, I have a script which is used find the Uname and passwords and redirects into a output.txt file.I hardcoded a string "ciadev" but iwant search two more strings also "absdev" and "absprod" So modify this script please. I am lookinmg forward from you, please find the below... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajkumar_g
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract root basedir name from a *.tar.gz file

I am working on a script to install a software distribution which ships as a *.tar.gz file. The company doesn't name the dist consistently, but the resulting directory out of the *.tar.gz file (ie: XXX_X_X_X) is consistent and shows the software version. I'm writing this with BASH-3.25.x... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: forrie
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Request per second script

Hello; I'm having about 800 log files and i'm trying to write a script that report the counts of lines per second or "requests per second" in each log file and report the output which includes the timestamp for the highest lines per second count and the log file name and the highest number per... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Katkota
5 Replies
fileutil::magic::cgen(n)					  file utilities					  fileutil::magic::cgen(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
fileutil::magic::cgen - Generator core for compiler of magic(5) files SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.4 package require fileutil::magic::cgen ?1.0? package require fileutil::magic::rt ?1.0? package require struct::tree package require struct::list ::fileutil::magic::cgen::2tree script ::fileutil::magic::cgen::treedump tree ::fileutil::magic::cgen::treegen tree node _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides the generator backend for a compiler of magic(5) files into recognizers based on the fileutil::magic::rt recognizer runtime package. For the compiler frontend using this generator see the package fileutil::magic::cfront. COMMANDS
::fileutil::magic::cgen::2tree script This command converts the recognizer specified by the script into a tree and returns the object command of that tree as its result. It uses the package struct::tree for the tree. The script is in the format specified by magic(5). ::fileutil::magic::cgen::treedump tree This command takes a tree as generated by ::fileutil::magic::cgen::2tree and returns a string encoding the tree for human consump- tion, to aid in debugging. ::fileutil::magic::cgen::treegen tree node This command takes a tree as generated by ::fileutil::magic::cgen::2tree and returns a Tcl script, the recognizer for the file types represented by the sub-tree rooted at the node. The generated script makes extensive use of the commands provided by the recognizer runtime package fileutil::magic::rt to perform its duties. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category fileutil :: magic of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. SEE ALSO
file(1), fileutil, magic(5) KEYWORDS
file recognition, file type, file utilities, mime, type CATEGORY
Programming tools fumagic 1.0 fileutil::magic::cgen(n)