Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Need help with -exec cp command. Post 302234438 by bakunin on Tuesday 9th of September 2008 04:46:47 PM
Old 09-09-2008
Ok, WHY does it work now?

A problem is not solved when the symptom had gone away. A problem is solved only when it is fully understood what led to it in first place. (This is one of the more awful cognitions gained in 30 years spent in IT business.)

bakunin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

using the -exec command

linux redhat 8.0 I am getting accustomed to using the -exec command to get around my databse.. and use it to edit and update files..! is this more apllicable than jumping from one directory to the other.. I have set up the databse so that the inode #'s are accessable and can get me from one... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: moxxx68
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

exec command

hai i want know the difference between two shell scripts those are 1) a=2004 echo $a #output------2004 exec < inputfile while read line do echo $a #output-------2004 a=2005 echo $line echo $a ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: g_s_r_c
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

exec command

can any one pls explain the meaning of exec 1<&5 ?? its urgent (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: santosh1234
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

exec command help

All, I am using below shell script to output the content to outputfile.txt. What I am looking for is in addition to outputfile.txt, I want the output to be on standard output too. exec > outputfile.txt echo "Starting " echo "ending" (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: basic_shell
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

exec command

How can I use the exec command to log my korn shell session to the screen and the log file? Currently I have this command: $exec 1> ${LOG} 2>&1 This logs the output to the log file only. I want it to go to the screen also. Is this possible with this command? thanks. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: djehresmann
10 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Exec command

Hi can some one explain the following command , It would really help if some can really elloborate on what is happening out here export PATH | exec /bin/sh ./auto_approve :q P.S: This is the first time i am using exec ,so an elloboration what does it do and what is the use of the :q will be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sri3001
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

exec command help

Hi, I have the following lines in a script : . . exec < some_file . . . I have very little idea about exec command. I would like to know what this does and what will happen if the file some_file does not exist. Specifically, I would like to know whether the lines following this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: elixir_sinari
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script Variables Inquiry, Values Okay in Standalone Exec, No-Show in Cron Exec

I have the following bash script lines in a file named test.sh. #!/bin/bash # # Write Date to cron.log # echo "Begin SSI Load $(date +%d%b%y_%T)" # # Get the latest rates file for processing. # d=$(ls -tr /rms/data/ssi | grep -v "processed" | tail -n 1) filename=$d export filename... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ginowms
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exec command - what is it doing here?

Hi all, Forgive me for asking for help with my first post, but I am struggling here. I've been asked to translate a bash script into a Windows script (probably batch or powershell, not sure yet), so the first step is obviously understand what the bash script is doing. But I have no experience in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: el_foz
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linux find command seems to not transmit all the result to the '-exec command'

Hello. From a script, a command for a test is use : find /home/user_install -maxdepth 1 -type f -newer /tmp/000_skel_file_deb ! -newer /tmp/000_skel_file_end -name '.bashrc' -o -name '.profile' -o -name '.gtkrc-2.0' -o -name '.i18n' -o -name '.inputrc' Tha command... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
3 Replies
SLAED3(l)								 )								 SLAED3(l)

NAME
SLAED3 - find the roots of the secular equation, as defined by the values in D, W, and RHO, between 1 and K SYNOPSIS
SUBROUTINE SLAED3( K, N, N1, D, Q, LDQ, RHO, DLAMDA, Q2, INDX, CTOT, W, S, INFO ) INTEGER INFO, K, LDQ, N, N1 REAL RHO INTEGER CTOT( * ), INDX( * ) REAL D( * ), DLAMDA( * ), Q( LDQ, * ), Q2( * ), S( * ), W( * ) PURPOSE
SLAED3 finds the roots of the secular equation, as defined by the values in D, W, and RHO, between 1 and K. It makes the appropriate calls to SLAED4 and then updates the eigenvectors by multiplying the matrix of eigenvectors of the pair of eigensystems being combined by the matrix of eigenvectors of the K-by-K system which is solved here. This code makes very mild assumptions about floating point arithmetic. It will work on machines with a guard digit in add/subtract, or on those binary machines without guard digits which subtract like the Cray X-MP, Cray Y-MP, Cray C-90, or Cray-2. It could conceivably fail on hexadecimal or decimal machines without guard digits, but we know of none. ARGUMENTS
K (input) INTEGER The number of terms in the rational function to be solved by SLAED4. K >= 0. N (input) INTEGER The number of rows and columns in the Q matrix. N >= K (deflation may result in N>K). N1 (input) INTEGER The location of the last eigenvalue in the leading submatrix. min(1,N) <= N1 <= N/2. D (output) REAL array, dimension (N) D(I) contains the updated eigenvalues for 1 <= I <= K. Q (output) REAL array, dimension (LDQ,N) Initially the first K columns are used as workspace. On output the columns 1 to K contain the updated eigenvectors. LDQ (input) INTEGER The leading dimension of the array Q. LDQ >= max(1,N). RHO (input) REAL The value of the parameter in the rank one update equation. RHO >= 0 required. DLAMDA (input/output) REAL array, dimension (K) The first K elements of this array contain the old roots of the deflated updating problem. These are the poles of the secular equation. May be changed on output by having lowest order bit set to zero on Cray X-MP, Cray Y-MP, Cray-2, or Cray C-90, as described above. Q2 (input) REAL array, dimension (LDQ2, N) The first K columns of this matrix contain the non-deflated eigenvectors for the split problem. INDX (input) INTEGER array, dimension (N) The permutation used to arrange the columns of the deflated Q matrix into three groups (see SLAED2). The rows of the eigenvectors found by SLAED4 must be likewise permuted before the matrix multiply can take place. CTOT (input) INTEGER array, dimension (4) A count of the total number of the various types of columns in Q, as described in INDX. The fourth column type is any column which has been deflated. W (input/output) REAL array, dimension (K) The first K elements of this array contain the components of the deflation-adjusted updating vector. Destroyed on output. S (workspace) REAL array, dimension (N1 + 1)*K Will contain the eigenvectors of the repaired matrix which will be multiplied by the previously accumulated eigenvectors to update the system. LDS (input) INTEGER The leading dimension of S. LDS >= max(1,K). INFO (output) INTEGER = 0: successful exit. < 0: if INFO = -i, the i-th argument had an illegal value. > 0: if INFO = 1, an eigenvalue did not converge FURTHER DETAILS
Based on contributions by Jeff Rutter, Computer Science Division, University of California at Berkeley, USA Modified by Francoise Tisseur, University of Tennessee. LAPACK version 3.0 15 June 2000 SLAED3(l)