Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: var memory usage increasing
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers var memory usage increasing Post 302234318 by mcraul on Tuesday 9th of September 2008 11:22:49 AM
Old 09-09-2008
# df -k
Filesystem 1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/sda3 6190692 2724732 3151488 47% /
/dev/sda2 101105 16715 79169 18% /boot
none 1037368 0 1037368 0% /dev/shm
/dev/sda8 56878816 47748376 6241152 89% /home
/dev/sda7 1035660 34520 948532 4% /tmp
/dev/sda5 4127076 3356228 561204 86% /var

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

memory increasing on UNIX

hi, i'm writing a program that is running always... but, i have a problem that memory is increasing.. i want to know whether does stack size inscease or not, when program is running.. i don't know what is the cause stack or heap... i need some help.. :( (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: netfer
1 Replies

2. Programming

Monitor CPU usage and Memory Usage

how can i monitor usages of CPU, Memory, Hard disk etc. under SUN Solaries through a c program or java program i want to store that data into database so i can show it graphically thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gajanad Bihani
2 Replies

3. Programming

memory increasing

On Alpha True64 UNIX platform, we use "ps aux" command to display the process information, it also displays the %MEM,VSZ, RRS field. The question is that which field really indicates the program's memeory is increasing, thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Frank2004
0 Replies

4. Solaris

increasing /var

i need to increase the size of my /var filesystem but i have no idea how to do it. Filesystem kbytes used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/dsk/c0t3d0s0 144799 74952 55377 58% / /dev/dsk/c0t3d0s6 342183 201079 106894 66% /usr /proc ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: roguekitton
0 Replies

5. HP-UX

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and logical volume usage

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and I want to know CPU usage above X% and contiue Y times and memory usage above X % and contiue Y times my final destination is monitor process logical volume usage above X % and number of Logical voluage above can I not to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
3 Replies

6. Solaris

current CPU usage, memory usage, disk I/O oid(snmp)

Hi, I want to monitor the current cpu usage, monitor usage , disk I/o and network utlization for solaris using SNMP. I want the oids for above tasks. can you please tell me that Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: S_venkatesh
2 Replies

7. AIX

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage,memory usage,CPU usage,network..?

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage, memory usage, CPU usage, network usage, storage usage? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command to display the space usage (memory usage) of a specific directory.

Hi all, Can you please tell me the command, with which one can know the amount of space a specific directory has used. df -k . ---> Displays, the amount of space allocated, and used for a directory. du -k <dir name> - gives me the memory used of all the files inside <dir> But i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhisheksunkari
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Memory usage per user,percent usage,sytem time in ksh

Let's say i have 20 users logged on Server. How can I know how much memory percent used each of them is using with system time in each user? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: roy1912
2 Replies

10. Red Hat

Swap memory usage keeps increasing.

Hi the version is RedHat 6.2 (Oracle DB server) I don't know why swap memory usage keeps increasing... I used to check swap memory usage Free -m and another way. total used free shared buffers cached Mem: 32183 31861 322 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tom8254
3 Replies
FD(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						     FD(4)

NAME
fd, stdin, stdout, stderr -- file descriptor files DESCRIPTION
The files /dev/fd/0 through /dev/fd/# refer to file descriptors which can be accessed through the file system. If the file descriptor is open and the mode the file is being opened with is a subset of the mode of the existing descriptor, the call: fd = open("/dev/fd/0", mode); and the call: fd = fcntl(0, F_DUPFD, 0); are equivalent. Opening the files /dev/stdin, /dev/stdout and /dev/stderr is equivalent to the following calls: fd = fcntl(STDIN_FILENO, F_DUPFD, 0); fd = fcntl(STDOUT_FILENO, F_DUPFD, 0); fd = fcntl(STDERR_FILENO, F_DUPFD, 0); Flags to the open(2) call other than O_RDONLY, O_WRONLY and O_RDWR are ignored. IMPLEMENTATION NOTES
By default, /dev/fd is provided by devfs(5), which provides nodes for the first three file descriptors. Some sites may require nodes for additional file descriptors; these can be made available by mounting fdescfs(5) on /dev/fd. FILES
/dev/fd/# /dev/stdin /dev/stdout /dev/stderr SEE ALSO
tty(4), devfs(5), fdescfs(5) BSD
June 9, 1993 BSD